Author Topic: [IC] GMK CYL Delta Round 2 - We need your feedback!  (Read 10675 times)

Offline upas

[IC] GMK CYL Delta Round 2 - We need your feedback!
« on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 13:50:13 »
GMK Delta R2
Group buy starts Q1/Q2 2024 depending on IC feedback
by CannonKeys

Render Above

R1 Photo Above for Color Reference

Disclaimer
Unless otherwise labeled, images shown are renders.
Renders may not perfectly display the actual colors and/or texture of the keycaps.
Please refer to actual photos of GMK Delta R1 to see the real colors and texture.
We've provided photos in this IC, but there are probably more out there as well.

Colors
The colors (two GMK Stock colors and one custom color matched from Signature Plastics) are unchanged/what we used from GMK Delta R1.
For those interested, the color codes are: WS2, CR, and SP's VBV (Named TU5 by GMK)

Let us know if you're interested:
IC Form

Inspiration

In R1 of GMK Delta - we worked with the former designer, Emil, to create a striking black and teal set. After Delta R1, Emil turned over the IP for this set to CannonKeys.

This time around - we wanted to really lean into the set’s name - and decided to add some new elements to the set! When thinking about the word “Delta” - a few things come to mind - delta is a greek letter, delta is used to represent change, and delta is often used as a symbol in math. 

Given these three things - we wanted to integrate all of them into our 2nd round of GMK Delta. The novelty kit features iconography representative of the history of math (in our heads - how better to represent both change and math by representing the history of math). The XT/Macro column keys are all ancient representations of the concept of “zero” - which was a big leap in mathematics. We’ve also included a proof of the Pythagorean theorem - by one of everyone’s favorite Greek mathematicians/polymaths.

The Fibonacci spiral, conic sections, and trigonometry also make an appearance. And no history of math novelty set would really be complete without a nod to Leonhard Euler - both Euler’s identity and the Delta symbol (which Euler used to represent finite differences) are included in the novelties.

(Note: It’s not just us who think Euler was important - Euler also got his own GMK set already)

Of course, we are notably missing a ton of the history of math, but we also wanted to keep the novelty kit reasonable.

Finally - we’ve added a potential 2nd base kit featuring Greek Sublegends.

Why GMK?
While there have been numerous new manufacturers offering PBT, ABS, and/or PBT/ABS blend doubleshots, we still believe that it’s hard to match GMK’s ABS doubleshot quality and vibrant colors.

All of CannonKeys’s open GMK group buys have already been fulfilled, and GMK has quoted us a 7 month turnaround.

They also have the benefit of having doubleshot molds for Greek sublegends - which other manufacturers don’t have.

Price Drops

For GMK Delta R2, we're going to bring back price drops. This is something that we've historically never done, and most vendors have moved away from them. But given the current GMK environment, we believe price drops are a great way to encourage folks to join this group buy and buy the set. We're planning on running 2 base kits and hope that both hit MOQ!

To learn a little more about the context and reasoning behind price drops, click the button below
More

Context Around Price Drops

Historically, when individuals and older custom keyboard companies like Massdrop (before they became Drop) ran GMK (or SP, or anything) group buys, the sets were advertised at a certain price, and if a certain quantity of sets was reached, savings were passed on to the customer. Typically, the manufacturer provides price drops at certain MOQs (minimum order quantities), and the concept was to use those price drops to also drop the price for customers.

But as the hobby progressed, vendors started moving away from price drops. There are many possible reasons for this, and I can't speak for every vendor, but I can explain why CannonKeys hasn't historically done price drops.

First, price drops were difficult to implement. Some people took approaches of using a google form to collect orders, then separately invoiced each participant based on how many orders were collected on the form. This had the downside of some people failing to pay their invoices - putting the whole group buy at risk. Others ran storefronts like CannonKeys - but faced the potential of having to manually process hundreds to over a thousand refunds. Massdrop had the best system for price drops - they would collect credit card information, and only charge participants at the end - but this was a highly custom solution which even today would be hard for many custom keyboard companies to implement.

Today - CannonKeys has a team of 20+ people, which means if we end up having to manually process hundreds of refunds - we have the capacity to do it. Before, this wasn't the case.

Second, as interest in the mechanical keyboard hobby increased, it became possible to price keycaps at higher MOQs by default. For a lot of newer customers who weren't familiar with price drops, a lower list price looks more appealing. As soon as one vendor started pricing their sets at higher MOQs, competition encouraged other vendors do the same. As an example - someone new to the hobby looking at GMK Voyage might ask why GMK Olivia was so much cheaper, for the same number of keys, and wouldn't necessarily understand that one set had price drops implemented and the other didn't. And while designs aren't the same, someone might like two designs and use price as a tiebreaker - so a lower list price can make a big difference.

Unfortunately, many companies made the wrong bet. They priced keycaps at higher MOQs, but those sets didn't hit those MOQs. Many of them ended up buying those sets out, counting on being able to make the money back by selling extras. In the worst cases, we can see how that worked out for them.

Now that CannonKeys can implement price drops, it's less risky for us to price a set at a 250 MOQ and provide refunds to customers if we hit 500 MOQ compared to pricing the set at 500 MOQ to begin with. And with the departure of many vendors, and lower volume of GMK CYL sets being run - there isn't as much competitive pressure to risk pricing at a higher MOQ by default.

Finally, implementing price drops also required vendors to post sales numbers of each set. This doesn't seem like a big deal - but it does put vendors that post sales numbers at a competitive disadvantage compared to those who don't. And while GMK quotes, designer payouts, and other sensitive pieces of business related information are supposed to be protected under NDA - word still gets around. So basically, if you post sales numbers, other vendors can see how many sets got sold, how many extras you bought... and get a pretty good estimate of your revenue and sales. This allows them to adapt their plans accordingly. I forget which vendor initially stopped posting numbers - but once they did many other vendors (including CannonKeys) followed suit.

All of this is still true today - but the market for custom keyboards and keycaps has expanded to a place where we're not all so reliant on GMK anymore. From 2019-2021, if someone knew your GMK sales numbers, they probably could probably deduce a lot of information about your business. As we've diversified and as GMK has become a smaller part of everything we do, the impact of other vendors and competitors knowing our GMK sales number isn't as great -- which opens up the possibility of price drops.

Light Base Kit
At 250 MOQ, USD $135
At 500 MOQ, USD $125
At 1000 MOQ, USD $115

GMK Delta R1 with significant upgrades:  Basic spacebars for Alice layout, 3-key 40s support and minimal ISO support included.

Dark Base Kit
At 250 MOQ, USD $135
At 500 MOQ, USD $125
At 1000 MOQ, USD $115

The newly proposed kit during this new run, with Greek sublegends. We prefer having this as a full base kit instead of offering an alternate alphas kit which is more expensive in total if you buy 2 kits.  The Kitting is nearly identical to the Light Base kit - we’ve just removed the keys that would be duplicated between mod and alpha color.

Novelties
At 100 MOQ, USD $52
At 150 MOQ, USD $46
At 250 MOQ, USD $42

Macro/XT column, with several bottom row modifier novelties and accent color novelties. We’d like to keep this Novelties kit at an affordable price. See above for the explanation of the novelties.

Spacebars Kit
At 100 MOQ, USD $30
At 150 MOQ, USD $28
At 250 MOQ, USD $26

We're not sure if we're going to run this kit yet - but this is the proposed spacebars kit.
The white bars are WS2 stock colors which means it can be used for other sets with WS2. The teal bars are SP's VBV color - which match GMK Tokyo Nights as well.

None of the kits are necessarily locked in, but we hope we've proposed some good kits. Help us decide if we need to make any changes, and let us know if you're interested by filling the
IC Form

Renders

Dark base kit with Novelties on Ripple TKL

Light base kit with Novelties on Brutal60 v2

GMK Delta R1 Photos

Vendors
US: CannonKeys
Other regions TBA.

IC Form
CannonKeys Coming Soon Page

Special Thanks to:
rayhhdailo for IC help
OneCreativeMind for Novelty Design
Emil for coming up with Delta in the first place
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2024, 15:58:10 by upas »

Offline upas

Re: [IC] GMK CYL Delta Round 2 - We need your feedback!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 13:55:44 »
Deskmats
We have 6 new potential deskmat ideas and we'll likely run the top 2 designs during the group buy.
There are watermarks on these images which won't actually be on the deskmats, but are here just so we can show off the designs.

The IC form has been updated to ask for opinions on these mats!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 February 2024, 15:50:03 by upas »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:11:29 »
badass

i really like the idea of bringing back price drops. might help motivate a few people to help out to get it cheaper, really bring people back together.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:14:04 by Kokaloo »

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:23:48 »
Has GMK fixed their yellowing issue with WS2?

Either way, in.

EDIT: Are the row labels in the IC form renders flipped around? If not, wilding.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:27:59 by iamtragic »

Offline Meepergon

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:57:19 »
Goated for adding price drops again. In.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 15:12:53 »
Thanks for the price drops depending on sales numbers. It's awesome to see this come back and I hope to see it more often in the future. GLWIC!

Offline upas

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 15:51:24 »

Either way, in.

EDIT: Are the row labels in the IC form renders flipped around? If not, wilding.

We'll ask GMK about their WS2 yellowing again - my original GMK Delta set is not yellowed, but I know that other WS2 sets have yellowed in the past.
My set has been in a pretty dark place, though lol. No sunlight.

About the IC form - not just you! The row labels were reversed. I just fixed them

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 15:51:59 »
Please add a second 1.5u R4 super key, mentioned this in the IC Form as well. Wild to me it keeps being absent from CannonKeys projects, just one key, away from macOS 7u support.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 17:56:24 »
oh god this is so good I don't even know where to start

Delta is one of my all time favorite sets, I'm still holding on to my R1 basekit which I kept with the utmost care, but I wouldn't mind picking up a new one (I even bought a Bleached basekit to swap the alphas and preserve them from shining lol). also awesome to see price drops coming back.

filled the IC with my thoughts, tl;dr in for both basekits and run spacebars pls!!!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 18:40:06 »
Yes. <3

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 18:44:27 »
Bringing back price drops is really cool, thank you Upas

Offline sipp11

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 20:13:23 »
now it's a reason to join GB, isn't it? good to hear a price drop scheme again.

been waiting for Delta; now I'm happy. However, the base set comes with unfamiliar keys, R2 smaller backspace, R3 tab and R3 smaller enter, I have no idea which layout these 3 would fit.

Offline upas

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 20:37:34 »
Please add a second 1.5u R4 super key, mentioned this in the IC Form as well. Wild to me it keeps being absent from CannonKeys projects, just one key, away from macOS 7u support.

We'll likely change the 1.5u R4 Fn key into a 1.5u R4 Super key - I think that'll be more useful, and not increase the cost.

now it's a reason to join GB, isn't it? good to hear a price drop scheme again.

been waiting for Delta; now I'm happy. However, the base set comes with unfamiliar keys, R2 smaller backspace, R3 tab and R3 smaller enter, I have no idea which layout these 3 would fit.

These 3 keys are meant for 40% keyboard support.

We are also considering changing the 3-key 40s support from accent color (CR on TU5) to mod color (TU5 on CR) in the Dark base kit - so both options are available.

Offline Pompous

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 21:00:30 »
Love the color combo here - definitely in!

Offline AMZ

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 21:54:41 »
Maybe adding Light Greek sublegends as a kit?
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 January 2024, 21:58:25 by AMZ »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 22:32:31 »
Really cool project, love the price drop initiative.

The one thing I would like to see is numpad sublegends like on gmk wob for example. I understand the original delta didn't have it but I think it looks nicer, plus it makes more sense for stuff like AT layouts. If they are included it would be perfect.

what I mean.

Offline Ashento

• 62G MX Zilents in a KBD66
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 01 February 2024, 04:38:02 »
Man whoever designed the Novelties is just killing it!
Love the new novelties, and glad to see you guys run the set again.

I respect the removal of my Logo from this Round, and wish you tons of interest.
10/10 Would buy

Offline YoungTerror

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 01 February 2024, 06:38:02 »
+1 from me. One of the sets I've been looking forward to for a long time as I wasn't around for R1. Count me in for both Base kits.

Offline upas

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 15:47:09 »
Just a quick update based on IC results:
We're gonna be updating kitting a bit, with the changes proposed above, as well as potentially some others.
Novelties are a love-it-or-hate-it kind of deal, it seems, but overall, it's probably worth a shot.

We're going back and forth on adding more teal bars to the spacebar kit. Right now, we have the two, but some IC responses want more.
It'll definitely increase the price - right now we're leaning on keeping it as is (WS2 bars are more widely useful).
We don't want to make another kit specifically for teal bars given the current GMK GB environment.

But most importantly for now - we have a bunch of ideas for deskmats ready!

I'll be updating the 2nd post with info on the new deskmat ideas. There's a new question added to the IC to gauge interest. If you've already submitted, feel free to resubmit.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 01 March 2024, 10:21:00 »
We're going back and forth on adding more teal bars to the spacebar kit. Right now, we have the two, but some IC responses want more.
It'll definitely increase the price - right now we're leaning on keeping it as is (WS2 bars are more widely useful).
We don't want to make another kit specifically for teal bars given the current GMK GB environment.

any chance of a 6u spacebar in such kit

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 01 March 2024, 11:07:12 »
Absolutely on board with you bringing this one back. Hopefully you can work something out for GMK Voyage R2 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline upas

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 15:59:28 »

There is a 6U bar in the current spacebar kit :)
I can get that updated so it's labeled.

The Dark and Light base kit renders have been updated with kitting changes.
There are now 2 x 1.5 R4 Super keys.

any chance of a 6u spacebar in such kit

Offline sarahn27

• Null Design Co
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 16:19:47 »
This set is awesome, I'm a sucker for technical illustration-type designs and this is so good.

Offline Klexos

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 09 March 2024, 02:29:23 »
The kitting overhaul from R1 and the tiered pricing are great- hope to see more of that. That said, I have some concerns about the deskmats.
  • Many of the formulas in the background of the Pythagoras deskmat are not relevant to Pythagoras.
  • Do the specific sinusoidal and cosinusoidal functions on the deskmats have any significance? Their design feels a bit incoherent, especially since the R4 novelty features a standard sine wave oscillating about y=0, but the two deskmats have random phase shifts (and potentially amplitudes, etc. but this is hard to tell, since the grids they're plotted on are of arbitrary/unknown units).
  • The Formulas mat not only seems a bit random in content, but has a lot of repetition in formulas/constants for no apparent reason.

GMK Euler's deskmat worked because it was a simplified tribute to Euler's work and to the work of mathematicians on their chalkboards. These deskmats seem to lack focus and show random math for its looks without regard for meaning. If these three deskmats are popular in the IC, please rework them to be a bit more mathematically consistent and relevant. But also, math can be and is art; it can be more than just a jumble of formulas that look like a hastily scribbled formula cheat sheet for an exam.

Offline DeathShadow

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 07:47:21 »
Glad to hear this is moving along with a possible GB in april!

Are there any confirmed vendors yet? Especially for EU?

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 15:27:32 »
Come for the price drops, Leave for the price difference.
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 20:15:48 »
Come for the price drops, Leave for the price difference.

difference from what?

Offline VXQN

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 03:34:36 »
I have to agree with others' reservations about the novelties. They look really slapped together as they're not only all different styles, but also different "weights" which leads to a lack of visual consistency which ultimately , to my eye, looks cheap.

Offline upas

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 11:17:28 »
The kitting overhaul from R1 and the tiered pricing are great- hope to see more of that. That said, I have some concerns about the deskmats.
  • Many of the formulas in the background of the Pythagoras deskmat are not relevant to Pythagoras.
  • Do the specific sinusoidal and cosinusoidal functions on the deskmats have any significance? Their design feels a bit incoherent, especially since the R4 novelty features a standard sine wave oscillating about y=0, but the two deskmats have random phase shifts (and potentially amplitudes, etc. but this is hard to tell, since the grids they're plotted on are of arbitrary/unknown units).
  • The Formulas mat not only seems a bit random in content, but has a lot of repetition in formulas/constants for no apparent reason.

GMK Euler's deskmat worked because it was a simplified tribute to Euler's work and to the work of mathematicians on their chalkboards. These deskmats seem to lack focus and show random math for its looks without regard for meaning. If these three deskmats are popular in the IC, please rework them to be a bit more mathematically consistent and relevant. But also, math can be and is art; it can be more than just a jumble of formulas that look like a hastily scribbled formula cheat sheet for an exam.

I think this is fair feedback and we can consider reworking some of the mats if they are deemed popular enough to run. With that in mind - I also know that it's tough to decide on mats before they are reworked.
So far, the Deltascape and Fibonacci are the IC leaders - but I really would like to run either one of the Pythagoras or Formula mats (just so I can have one for myself).
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2024, 11:48:07 by upas »

Offline upas

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 11:33:49 »

Either way, in.

We actually followed up with GMK on this issue - and based on their feedback, we're actually considering changing the color from WS2 to something else.

Basically, most ABS colors that use an optical brightener are more prone to yellowing than other colors that don't use this optical brightener.
WS2 uses an optical brightener, and as such, the yellowing isn't something we can prevent. It's hard to estimate how long it will take for plastics with optical brighteners to yellow - because it depends on a number of conditions.
My personal set of GMK Delta has not yellowed yet, and it's quite old, but I've seen other sets with GMK WS2 which have definitely yellowed.

Because of this, we're going to look into changing the R2 Delta color to a different white that doesn't use optical brighteners, but still matches the set.
On one hand, I love the very bright look of WS2 paired with the VBV teal - but I think if longevity is a concern, we should probably find something different.
We'll search for an appropriate color, update renders, and see what everyone thinks.

If we can't find a suitable replacement color - we may stick with WS2 with a caveat or cancel the rerun entirely, but we're optimistic we'll be able to find something else less prone to yellowing.

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 16:48:31 »

Either way, in.

We actually followed up with GMK on this issue - and based on their feedback, we're actually considering changing the color from WS2 to something else.

Basically, most ABS colors that use an optical brightener are more prone to yellowing than other colors that don't use this optical brightener.
WS2 uses an optical brightener, and as such, the yellowing isn't something we can prevent. It's hard to estimate how long it will take for plastics with optical brighteners to yellow - because it depends on a number of conditions.
My personal set of GMK Delta has not yellowed yet, and it's quite old, but I've seen other sets with GMK WS2 which have definitely yellowed.

Because of this, we're going to look into changing the R2 Delta color to a different white that doesn't use optical brighteners, but still matches the set.
On one hand, I love the very bright look of WS2 paired with the VBV teal - but I think if longevity is a concern, we should probably find something different.
We'll search for an appropriate color, update renders, and see what everyone thinks.

If we can't find a suitable replacement color - we may stick with WS2 with a caveat or cancel the rerun entirely, but we're optimistic we'll be able to find something else less prone to yellowing.

Appreciate both the follow-up and the definition of what causes the issue. Looking forward the proposed outcome, while hoping that it's not a cancellation.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 04:22:55 »
we're actually considering changing the color from WS2 to something else.

then I'm entirely out.
my delta R1 kit never yellowed to date.

Offline rchon

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 15 March 2024, 22:07:02 »
For delta spacebars... a 6u spacebar in VBV / TU5 would be nice.  Not worried about the WS2 or CR spacebars as those can be sourced, but it would be nice to offer a nice variety of VBV / TU5 colored bars.

If MOQ is a concern, adding WS2 6u could help as I noticed people do buy spacebars without buying the base kit though that seems more prevalent for wob and bow sets.

Edit: I take it back, 6u is ws2 is not common at all. I only see modern ink offered 6u in ws2..
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2024, 09:48:57 by rchon »

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 19:40:57 »
I haven't purchased keysets in some time 'cause with only 8 keyboards (rookie) how many key sets does one need. I LOVE this colorway and have made the decision to stick with GMK (never Keyreative again), but I've noticed no one is doing GMK Colverak add-ons any longer. Why is this? I'm guessing the big vendors are streamlining their offerings to only the 'sure thing' sets and bigger buys mean lower prices. I've got Dots (light and dark) and Redacted to compensate, but would love to see a few alpha-numeric sets start offering Colverak again. I coulda asked this in any GMK thread but this set would be a must buy if it had that add-on.
Thanks either way!
Mike

Offline daeyul

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 17 March 2024, 01:45:06 »
Is offering WS2 alphas or the other color alphas as a separate kit possible? I just need the mods really, because I have other GMK sets with WS2   :-X

Offline DeathShadow

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 11:43:02 »
Considering this was supposed to run this month, is it still the case or what’s the status?

Any news on vendors?

Offline upas

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 30 April 2024, 09:57:42 »
I haven't purchased keysets in some time 'cause with only 8 keyboards (rookie) how many key sets does one need. I LOVE this colorway and have made the decision to stick with GMK (never Keyreative again), but I've noticed no one is doing GMK Colverak add-ons any longer. Why is this? I'm guessing the big vendors are streamlining their offerings to only the 'sure thing' sets and bigger buys mean lower prices. I've got Dots (light and dark) and Redacted to compensate, but would love to see a few alpha-numeric sets start offering Colverak again. I coulda asked this in any GMK thread but this set would be a must buy if it had that add-on.
Thanks either way!
Mike

Unfortunately for GMK sets and most other doubleshot manufacturers, we have to hit certain MOQs to get sets made. Given the current market conditions, it's really hard for a Colevrak kit to hit MOQ, so most of the time they end up being refunded (and then vendors lose money to refund fees). So that's why it's not seen that frequently.

Is offering WS2 alphas or the other color alphas as a separate kit possible? I just need the mods really, because I have other GMK sets with WS2   :-X

If we swap away from WS2, it's not likely we'll offer kits in WS2.

Considering this was supposed to run this month, is it still the case or what’s the status?

Any news on vendors?

We did want to run this set in April, but it's been delayed because of the WS2 issue.

We're still in talks with GMK about replacing the WS2 with something else.
We got some candidate colors but are still discussing with them what would be best moving forward.
We hope to have some good news soon!

Once this color is finalized, we'll be reaching out to other vendors. We hope other vendors can join us in offering price drops as well.

Offline upas

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 30 April 2024, 10:00:23 »
we're actually considering changing the color from WS2 to something else.

then I'm entirely out.
my delta R1 kit never yellowed to date.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to my R1 set - but we hope to find a suitable replacement which will still capture the essence of the set.
Part of what is taking so long to launch this set is finding that replacement.

We would prefer to swap away from WS2 though. While I've never personally been impacted by WS2 yellowing (GMK Delta, GMK Noel), I've seen too many photos of brand new GMK Bleached sets having yellowed alphas. I'd rather avoid that.
I don't know if batch variance is part of it, but I think when someone is paying as much as they are for a GMK set, we should do everything we can to limit yellowing.

Again - most white plastics will eventually yellow, but if we can increase how long it takes, I think that's an overall better product.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 30 April 2024, 11:38:59 »
What about the white used in Deepwell? Supposedly it was between WS1 and WS2...