geekhack Community > Off Topic

How to disable "reply posted while you were typing"

<< < (5/5)

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: ander on Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:54:06 ---So let me get this straight: There's a way you can actually prevent people from posting to a topic while you're posting to it? Wow, that really appeals to the egomaniac in me.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't stop anyone from posting, it stops the message that pops up notifying you when you are replying to a thread that someone else has replied while you were posting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ander:
Okay, this is an old thread, but the issue's still valid.

Why would anyone not want to know the topic they're posting to had been changed while they were typing? Someone might've just answered the question the OP asked, or made the same point(s) you were about to post (not redundantly). Why would anyone object to this?

rowdy:

--- Quote from: ander on Sat, 17 March 2018, 04:20:43 ---Okay, this is an old thread, but the issue's still valid.

Why would anyone not want to know the topic they're posting to had been changed while they were typing? Someone might've just answered the question the OP asked, or made the same point(s) you were about to post (not redundantly). Why would anyone object to this?

--- End quote ---

This originated back in the heady days of the first Clackvent, when dozens, scores, maybe sometimes hundreds, of people would be posting in the same thread at the same time.

ghostjuggernaut:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Sat, 17 March 2018, 17:50:02 ---
--- Quote from: ander on Sat, 17 March 2018, 04:20:43 ---Okay, this is an old thread, but the issue's still valid.

--- End quote ---

This originated back in the heady days of the first Clackvent, when dozens, scores, maybe sometimes hundreds, of people would be posting in the same thread at the same time.

--- End quote ---

ander:
I still think there should be a way to actually prevent anyone else from posting to a topic while you're posting to it. Or maybe the whole website—yeah, that'd really be good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version