Author Topic: Greetings all  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Tigermonarchy

Greetings all
« on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 20:32:04 »
Greetings all. Huge handed pathetic typist looking to achieve 100 wpm so he can make a living as a freelancer here.  ;D

Seriously, I've been doing so much research online about typing and keyboards and I KEEP getting back to this forum over and over so I decided to join and participate in the banter. Down the road, I want to start a blog dedicated to freelancing from a typist perspective with some entries about HandHealth.com and some of the exercises Greg Irwin is known for. Also, some nutrition and health stuff mixed in with a LOT of cussing. I want cussing on my blog. XD

As for me, in general, I'm obsessed with Touch Rugby as it's a great game and is cardio as hell. I love computers and am a bit of a crafter as well. I'm living in the ATL right now but my heart is always with my homeland of New Haven, CT. Yankee doodle indeed.

Oh, and I'm black(ish). It'll come up eventually so I might as well get it out there now. XD

And uh, yeah. Sup!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings all
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:54:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Obvious question - what keyboard are you using now?

My hands are fairly large (nearly the largest at school), and many mouses feel too small to me, but I seem to cope ok with most keyboards.  I find that I prefer keyboards with stiffer springs as my hands are fairly strong (using an SSK at the moment).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tigermonarchy

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 17:10:40 »
I'm currently working on a Tt Esports Knucker keyboard. It's my first ever mechanical like keyboard and I love the button feel and love the hard loud klicky sounds of mechanicals a lot. But I'm convinced that I need a more ergonomical keyboard for me to get to my holy grail of 100 wpm. I'm looking at a Microsoft Sculpt for business, even though it's not the most mechanical in the world. The curved feel, however, really seems like it will fit the natural sweep of my hands better.

If I could find a split key curved mechanical with stiff springs, I'd be in love. In truth, I've been desiring this one https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/index.php a lot but there's not a lot of review on it and the stuff that's out there has been mixed. But it does look a bit cheaper than the Kinesis, which is a plus for me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 02:13:15 »
Have you considered an Ergo Dox?  You can position the two halfs as you need, and you can build it with any switch you like.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ