Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 867085 times)

Offline imorhi

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2600 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:31:29 »
I heard some of you looking for pics! I got mine a while ago... Hope the rest of you can get your hands on them soon! Rather unfortunate circumstances, but the wait will be worth it in the end!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Some pictures of the two non-working switches:

No idea what the problem with the del is.

Pretty obvious that a resistor is missing from the home key. I feel like I could fix that one if I knew what part to buy to replace it.

Not bashing any QC here, most likely was from me moving the board around when soldering

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #2601 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:36:21 »
I heard some of you looking for pics! I got mine a while ago... Hope the rest of you can get your hands on them soon! Rather unfortunate circumstances, but the wait will be worth it in the end!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Pretty obvious that a resistor is missing from the home key. I feel like I could fix that one if I knew what part to buy to replace it.

Not bashing any QC here, most likely was from me moving the board around when soldering
Reflow the soldering on those switches. I don’t think it’s the resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2602 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:40:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Email support@keyclack.com ; circle the part that is missing with a red circle, and we'll send you a replacement part for it
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:42:06 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2603 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 21:24:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Email support@keyclack.com ; circle the part that is missing with a red circle, and we'll send you a replacement part for it

looks like a diode
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2604 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 02:32:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

For the delete key, the 331 thing is the other way round?

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #2605 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 02:43:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

orientation doesn't matter for resistors
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #2606 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 03:39:40 »
Hi everyone,

Just a little update. We got the units we sent back from reanodization yesterday and today, and I'm a tad disappointed at the finish. These were units we sent back to get repaired from initial issues we saw.

There are some anodization issues. Here is the most prevalent issue, that bugs me very much. It's hard to capture in photo, but at certain angles of light, you can see that there is some type of different color shine to these. The issue is not just that tiny mark, but it's across the whole back side of the board. The base piece better represents the issue that we're seeing, but it's more prevalent on the top piece.

After a heated discussion this week with the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion that they would remake the units affected, and also fix the units we send back to them (for a second attempt to reanodize).

In order to hurdle over this issue, we've order more units to make sure we are 100% good to go. These will take 3 weeks to get to us. This was done in case I discover more units that have this issue as I repackage them to send out.

Again to Note: this issue is apparent a long the whole backside, but is hard to capture in a photo and is apparent in the units they sent back to us. This is the most common issue we found on the units received and I'm reviewing the pieces we have on hand.

If I would describe it, its something a long the lines of, a darker stain that shouldn't be there.

Show Image

Show Image

A note on the remaining units

We're working on pumping out about a few every day to make sure they arrive properly. USPS has given us some issues with some we sent out, and to this date, there are a total of 5 orders that have gone missing: 1 from FedEx, and 4 from USPS.

Nothing more is needed from you except some more patience, as I plan to deliver a high quality keyboard to your fingers.

If you have concerns, just email support@keyclack.com for refunds, or what have you.

Thanks for the update.

However, it still isn't clear to me how many of the units left are concerned by this problem.
I was under the impression that extras had been used to replace the faulty boards.
Will some of us be impacted by this delay ?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2607 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:06:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Its not a resistor you're missing. It's a diode (note the orientation marker). Most likely knocked loose during transport or shipping. It's also completely trivial to replace using a hand iron, you don't need a hot air station to fix this.

Not having exact dimensions, I can only make an educated guess about the package form factor, but the pads look like they were designed to fit SOD123 packages. You will be able to find replacement diodes very easily. Go to your favourite electronics retailer and look for 1N4148W SMT diodes
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2608 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:19:53 »
Told you beating a dead horse is going to do something...
Another thing to complain tho, why China customer from the same GB got things cheaper and sooner? And all units they got are flawless apparently?
Levia Makes

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2609 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:24:05 »
 :rolleyes:

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #2610 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 07:46:45 »
Another thing to complain tho, why China customer from the same GB got things cheaper and sooner? And all units they got are flawless apparently?

:rolleyes:

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #2611 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 11:25:17 »

>flawless apparently.

Some of the pictures Jchan showed didn't look that bad and it's possible that the Chinese proxy did not do as careful QC. I also believe that their numbers were smaller so it would have been easier to find defective units and get those replaced. Being in China would also mean that those replacements got sent out quicker. This however is all speculation since as far as the Chinese gb is concerned, we only have pictures of the delivered product. We have no information about any hiccups they encountered too.

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2612 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 12:43:25 »
For a second I almost thought about having him just send me a messed up one. I could fully polish the case. That would be rad.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2613 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:28:44 »

Given what I've been hearing on QQ, they were not all flawless. A few have the issue Jchan mentioned above, and a few have standard production issues (small dings and scratches).
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #2614 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 15:02:50 »
For a second I almost thought about having him just send me a messed up one. I could fully polish the case. That would be rad.

I'm going to scratch it myself on accident anyway, I could care less about anonidization issues tbh.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2615 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 15:58:06 »
For clarity Kingpin:

The Asia units did have some faults. Actually two people who got their units are still waiting for them to be fixed due to the lack of qc the Asia distributor had.

They also don't have to work with customs and all that jazz across the world so that's something to take note of.

-

The current distribution shouldn't be affected, if only a little.

Also, the anodization is actually just uneven anodization coating, at least that's what we're hearing from the manufacturer.

Today, we'll have 15 units going out. They're currently being packed and emails should be sent out by the end of today.

Thanks for the patience.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #2616 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 18:42:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

EDIT: First pic is missing half a resistor, second one looks like soldering issue.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2617 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 18:44:35 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

orientation doesn't matter for resistors

TIL. I guess that makes sense.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2618 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 19:27:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

EDIT: First pic is missing half a resistor, second one looks like soldering issue.

In the first picture, what's missing is a diode, not a resistor. The resistor looks fine.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2619 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 19:28:08 »
^^^

very important distinction

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2620 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 20:34:21 »
Second pic check the solder around the SMD components maybe. Tough to tell from the pic but there might be too much/not enough/cold joint?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline _cramil

« Reply #2621 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:48:11 »
We interupt this basic electronics lesson to bring you breaking news of a glorious M65-A delivery!!!

180624-0
180626-1
180628-2
180630-3

Thank you rama and jchan for bringing us this awesome board!!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 09:02:21 by _cramil »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #2622 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 16:14:55 »
We interupt this basic electronics lesson to bring you breaking news of a glorious M65-A delivery!!!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Holy cow! That M65-A just gets prettier and prettier the more units I see.
Would love to buy one if they ever hit the store.

ps do you have Godspeed Calculus by chance? I'd love to get my hands on that kit some day.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2623 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 17:13:48 »

Today, we'll have 15 units going out. They're currently being packed and emails should be sent out by the end of today.

Post 2 update? I'm excited for the progress this is making.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #2624 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 18:13:03 »

Post 2 update? I'm excited for the progress this is making.

FYI I got a shipping email from jchan that evening. Although he isn't posting the numbers in the thread like before, orders definitely seem to be going out. I will note that my tracking info is "not found" for now, but I expect that to be a weekend anomaly.

Offline _cramil

« Reply #2625 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 19:58:03 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Holy cow! That M65-A just gets prettier and prettier the more units I see.
Would love to buy one if they ever hit the store.

ps do you have Godspeed Calculus by chance? I'd love to get my hands on that kit some day.

I do not have calculus. I wish I would have added it tho.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2626 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 15:20:31 »
FYI I got a shipping email from jchan that evening. Although he isn't posting the numbers in the thread like before, orders definitely seem to be going out. I will note that my tracking info is "not found" for now, but I expect that to be a weekend anomaly.

Good enough for me, thanks.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2627 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 19:23:11 »

How come I didn't....I mean me too thanks.
Levia Makes

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #2628 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:17:46 »

Nothing against you KINGPIN, because I actually agree with everything you've posted thus far, but If I were JChan, I'd totally ensure yours (and mine and a few others) were the last to go out.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2629 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 16:28:57 »

Nothing against you KINGPIN, because I actually agree with everything you've posted thus far, but If I were JChan, I'd totally ensure yours (and mine and a few others) were the last to go out.
Fair enough, but after all the beating of the "dead" horse the horse is up and running again. Bless kek
Levia Makes

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2630 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 10:58:49 »
Have any orders shipped this week?

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #2631 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 11:25:23 »

Yes, at least one shipped, ETA Thursday.

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #2632 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 11:27:50 »

I got pre-shipment/tracking info for my keyboard Saturday and it started moving yesterday.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2633 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 20:32:56 »
Awesome, thanks guys. Keeping that hype flame alive.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2634 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 21:20:07 »
My board is also set to arrive tommorow

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #2635 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 00:51:09 »
Come'on M65-A-161!  **blows on dice**

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2636 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:30:13 »
Picture of mine with Miami Dolch to tide you guys over.

180927-0
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2637 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 13:16:32 »
Picture of mine with Miami Dolch to tide you guys over.

(Attachment Link)

So pretty - I am beyond stoked for mine, hopefully we see some more shipping action over the coming weeks!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2638 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:45:13 »
Are we all posting M65 build pictures?

https://gfycat.com/GrayShallowDutchsmoushond

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2639 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 17:46:50 »
He posted some pics on his instagram story. I believe more of these went out today.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2640 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 19:08:56 »
Hi everyone,

Good to see FEDEX making a move on those boards that are going out.

I'll be packing another 10-15 before I head out, and you'll get emails from jchan@keyclack.com with tracking.

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #2641 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 21:07:23 »
Hi everyone,

Good to see FEDEX making a move on those boards that are going out.

I'll be packing another 10-15 before I head out, and you'll get emails from jchan@keyclack.com with tracking.
Thanks jchan!!!

Offline Marutks

« Reply #2642 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:17:57 »
I missed this GB   :(  Are you going to do R2?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2643 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:19:34 »
Look at here what came yesterday

Offline delivery

« Reply #2644 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:35:16 »
Look at here what came yesterday
Show Image

Lucky you! Still waiting for mine

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2645 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:43:19 »

He has said he probably won't. Though he has an unknown amount of extras which will be sold once every unit of the group buy has been shipped.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2646 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 10:10:02 »

He has said he probably won't. Though he has an unknown amount of extras which will be sold once every unit of the group buy has been shipped.

Hopefully the shipping picks up over the next few weeks, but at the current pace could be quite some time before we see extras

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2647 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 10:19:55 »
Hopefully the shipping picks up over the next few weeks, but at the current pace could be quite some time before we see extras

See that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't think Post 2 is being updated anymore, now it's an email that gets sent to you with the tracking info. So, a little hard to gauge the pace. He did tell me about 2-3 more weeks of shipping for completion. (he said 3-4 weeks about a week ago, carried forward)

Offline clickstops

« Reply #2648 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:37:14 »
I know people are frustrated but I'll echo that this kit is 100% worth the wait. Nicest kit I've ever received.

More here; https://imgur.com/a/22yQu

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2649 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:50:52 »
Show Image

This pic makes me happy I didn't ask for a refund, but makes me worried because I don't have any space for another keyboard.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150