Author Topic: MASSIVE COMPUTER WAREHOUSE SALE  (Read 4169 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
MASSIVE COMPUTER WAREHOUSE SALE
« on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 11:18:01 »
Check this out:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Computer-Warehouse-for-sale-100s-of-Vintage-Computers-Keyboards-More/152778302506?hash=item23924be42a:g:Ss0AAOSwhIFZnbb8

You could probably purchase individual computers, keyboards, etc. if you visit the warehouse. Some of the keyboards appear to be IBM Model Ms.

184112-0
184114-1
184116-2
184118-3
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline harlw

Re: MASSIVE COMPUTER WAREHOUSE SALE
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 11:29:52 »
I saw that a few months ago - that guy is so delusional, lol.
10k would be steep IMO. 100k!? Sheesh.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 11:49:00 »
There are bound to be some nice pieces in there, but in general it is just tons of toxic waste.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 11:49:48 »
Apparently, they've already been selling off the valuable/interesting pieces individually. So a buyer would likely just end up with a few decent things, and a whole lot of electronic waste to recycle.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 12:09:23 »
Submitted offer for $100, I think he has a typo on the 0's.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:44:37 »
The lease is ending, so presumably it is just for the contents, not the warehouse (building) itself.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 06:13:44 »
IF THE LEASE IS ENDING, THEN THE OWNER WOULD HAVE SOME PRESSURE TO RID HIMSELF OF SOME OF THOSE COMPUTERS AT A LOW PRICE, ONE WOULD SUSPECT.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 14:22:11 »
Think this model could work for me?

WTS: Contents of garbage can, plus 800lbs of other material that the garbage collectors refused to take due to heavy metal disposal laws. 1,000 BTC OBO.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 14:33:26 »
Think this model could work for me?

WTS: Contents of garbage can, plus 800lbs of other material that the garbage collectors refused to take due to heavy metal disposal laws. 1,000 BTC OBO.
Carefully balance a couple of Clacks on top of the pile of garbage for the pictures, and you just might make a sale.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 15:09:41 »
WHAT'S MISSING FROM THIS TOPIC IS THE IMPORTANT QUESTION: HOW MANY OF THESE COULD RUN WINDOWS 98.

A DUBIOUS QUANTITY.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 18:14:43 »
WHAT'S MISSING FROM THIS TOPIC IS THE IMPORTANT QUESTION: HOW MANY OF THESE COULD RUN WINDOWS 98.

A DUBIOUS QUANTITY.

THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS AN EVEN BETTER DEAL. YOU ALL HAD BETTER GO DOWN TO THAT WAREHOUSE AND BUY THE COMPUTERS RIGHT NOW! WINDOWS 98 IS THE ONLY OPERATING SYSTEM THAT WILL CURE CANCER AND AIDS. GET IT RIGHT NOW! DON'T WAIT!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 20:55:36 »
But you get the actual warehouse, too, so it's not so bad.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 23:56:53 »
I wonder how many square feet that warehouse is?  If it's like 80,000 square feet of stuff like that back to back, it might actually be worth that much if someone can literally test all that stuff, restore it, and sell it.  But then it's all that effort just to get the money back.  And it has to stay somewhere in the meantime.

This just needs to be donated to a computer museum who can handle such donations.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 00:12:36 »
SamirD: look at the seller's name...

I see a whole bunch of disk drives for the Commodore 64, a Commodore monitor and a bunch of Kaypros.
Some vintage computer enthusiasts might be interested in those. That's it.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 00:23:38 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:21:05 by alienman82 »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 09:39:46 »
SamirD: look at the seller's name...

I see a whole bunch of disk drives for the Commodore 64, a Commodore monitor and a bunch of Kaypros.
Some vintage computer enthusiasts might be interested in those. That's it.
:-[  I just saw the name.  Well, this doesn't bode well for all that stuff...