Author Topic: Good HHKB pro 2 mods?  (Read 7557 times)

Offline MC Qwerty

Good HHKB pro 2 mods?
« on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 10:06:04 »
Hey would people have any good mods for a HHKB pro 2?
Anything and everything would be appreciated as far as
thoughts on mods for HHKB pro 2 (bog standard one)

Thanks,
MC Qwerty

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
Re: Good HHKB pro 2 mods?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:04:22 »
This is what I did to mine:

Had a white type-s and a black non-printed, swapped the Type-S sliders and rings into the black non-printed.
Got haku's PCB and customized the TMK firmware for it (+ bluetooth)
Added a battery that sits inside for wirefree usage
Made holes in the housing at one point because I swapped sliders with novatouch MX sliders (so it's ready to be swapped to that again).
Swapped domes from a Realforce 87u 55g.
For decor, added some golden metallic stickers (TypeS + HHKB Pro2)

Pretty happy with my hhkb... it's the endgame 60% for me. Did something very similar to a FC660C feels nicer than the HHKB because the switches are plate mounted.

Offline killyou

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:37:29 »
[...]
Made holes in the housing at one point because I swapped sliders with novatouch MX sliders (so it's ready to be swapped to that again).
[...]
Is this a pre-requisite to change the sliders? Can you post a pic please? Thanks.

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 07:55:41 »
[...]
[...]
Is this a pre-requisite to change the sliders? Can you post a pic please? Thanks.

IF you change to MX sliders, the 2u+ keys that have stabilizers are different than Topre. Topre stabs don't have support on left and right where MX does (so that the key doesn't balance on just the stem. Sorry I don't have pics right now, but if you wanna move an HHKB to MX you'll have to drill holes in the plastic housing - that's a fact.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 10:26:21 »
Mine has 55g domes off of a realforce and lubed purple silent sliders, also from a realforce. Best HHKB experience in my opinion. It can get pricey to do though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 10:34:54 »
hasu controller and bke domes is a good place to start
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 12:27:41 »
Most basic i would go Band aid modding the space bar. And use krytox lube the sliders. And if you want more tactility BKE Domes.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Hodgeman

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 16:55:04 »
Silencing rings and some foam inside the case and I’m in love. I got some neoprene foam off of amazon for super cheap and I love the way it changed the sound

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:59:16 »
If you don't use the USB ports and want them covered, you can get some 3D printed covers like I did: https://imgur.com/W1Cdrqv

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 May 2018, 01:03:26 by 1Weeb »

Offline mangoes

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:47:45 »
I need some foam in my type-s, it's still too loud. I also need to get new domes... maybe some 55g ones or BKE Redux. Who knows, there are so many fun things to do with an HHKB!

Offline greenteei89

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:24:10 »
If you don't use the USB ports and want them covered, you can get some 3D printed covers like I did: https://imgur.com/W1Cdrqv

Do you have a link for those covers?

I've seen the ones from mechkeys.io but I wasn't sure if they were compatible with stock controllers.

Offline hilltopchill

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:36:36 »
Mine is currently pretty stock, only thing I've done is replace a few of the sliders for MX stemmed artisans. I'd like to try the BKE domes some time, but nobody I know seems to have them.