Author Topic: Where to buy HHKB in Tokyo?  (Read 6201 times)

Offline shadowku

Where to buy HHKB in Tokyo?
« on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 12:04:56 »
I've been considering a HHKB Type-S lately and it's definitely not the most trivial keyboard to get.

My brother lives in Tokyo so I'm considering asking him to help me buy it. Problem is that I'm not sure where to actually get it in Japan.
Would stores in Akihabara ("Electric Town") have stores that sell it? Or should I order it from Amazon Japan and ship it to my brother?

I'm also not sure if stores will be cheaper than Amazon. The Type-S is considerably more expensive than the regular Pro2. I'm wondering if it would be a bit cheaper if I know where to buy it.

Anyone familiar with buying HHKBs in Japan?

Thanks

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
Re: Where to buy HHKB in Tokyo?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 15:35:30 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:38:43 by Khers »

Offline shadowku

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:13:15 »
Now that I'm looking at the prices, I'm really surprised about the premium you have to pay for the Type-S.
If I'm going to get an HHKB then I'm just going to get the one that I want but damn.. that is a huge premium for silencing.

I'm going to see if my brother lives close to Akihabara to check it out for me.

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 07:43:51 »
yobodashi cameras in akihabara seems to be the go-to for anything consumer electronics in akihabara

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 07:51:08 »
I've been considering a HHKB Type-S lately and it's definitely not the most trivial keyboard to get.

My brother lives in Tokyo so I'm considering asking him to help me buy it. Problem is that I'm not sure where to actually get it in Japan.
Would stores in Akihabara ("Electric Town") have stores that sell it? Or should I order it from Amazon Japan and ship it to my brother?

I'm also not sure if stores will be cheaper than Amazon. The Type-S is considerably more expensive than the regular Pro2. I'm wondering if it would be a bit cheaper if I know where to buy it.

Anyone familiar with buying HHKBs in Japan?

Thanks

The prices of hhkb at akihabara basically same with the price on amazon.jp. you might even end up buying it more expensive than you can get the website if you're unlucky but not a huge gap, maybe just 5-20usd more.
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline shadowku

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 08:28:10 »
The prices of hhkb at akihabara basically same with the price on amazon.jp. you might even end up buying it more expensive than you can get the website if you're unlucky but not a huge gap, maybe just 5-20usd more.

Ah okay. That's what I'm kinda feeling. Prices are hard to find on non-Japanese sites but whatever I find doesn't deviate much from the Amazon prices. I'm most likely going to get it from Amazon.jp.
The crappy Canadian dollar is working against me /sigh~

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 08:30:20 »

Ah okay. That's what I'm kinda feeling. Prices are hard to find on non-Japanese sites but whatever I find doesn't deviate much from the Amazon prices. I'm most likely going to get it from Amazon.jp.
The crappy Canadian dollar is working against me /sigh~

Worth the hassle. its a hhkb  ;D
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO