geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] DCS 9009 // GB Shipped - Update for remade kits

(1/15) > >>

paulgali:
DCS 9009
Welcome to the GB thread for DCS 9009! Another take on an all time classic, I could not wait to get this into the hands of everyone!

Main GB ShippedIC Here

BIG UPDATE (October 7th 2022)

As you’re all aware, I had previously announced during the group buy that all sets were being remade. Here’s why; sets were being manufactured with the Cherry typeface variant, not Gorton as I had originally intended.

Having spotted the issue before Signature Plastics had shipped out the sets, I insisted sets be remade in the Gorton fontface as I originally intended.

Customers should receive what they paid for – and thanks to all vendors involved, we were able to get this done. As far as I am aware, most, if not all GB orders have been shipped. There are still one or two vendors yet to process orders but these should be getting to you shortly. Now, for the Cherry legend sets.

These will only be available through Cannonkeys, MyKeyboard.eu and SandKeys.me. Quantities are limited. This includes both the MX and ALPS base, extensions and row 5. Relegendables are (obviously) not included. Pricing is available here (the extras will drop when the vendors are able to release them).

Kitting is identical to the original IC sets.

Please head to the CK and MKBEU discord for questions and further details, they will be happy to assist

Prices are as follows:

Vendors
CannonKeys
Prototypist
MyKeyboard.eu
Daily Clack
Hex Keyboards
Apexkeyboards
Rectangles.Store
Fancy Customs

ColorsUsing stock SP colors, and compared to GMK

Kitting
Base

Cherry MX Base Kit. Full UK ISO, multiple nav column layouts, 1800 support.

Extensions

Extensions - Spaces + simple 40s

Relegendables

Row 5 Replacement

For clarity, this is how R5 SP is profiled:

ALPS kit

ALPS kit - TKL, 60, 65, full UK ISO coverage. Ergo coverage with shifts and an ISO key.

For reasoning behind no numpad in ALPS:

--- Quote ---Given the low expectation of ALPS kit sales, its at a significantly low MOQ compared to the regular mx base.

That being said, if the alps kit does well, I will try my best to get some in stock numpad kits that can be put onto preorder. That, in the end, is each vendor's choice to support, but its something I am willing to push.

And no, it wont be charged at a premium for it being in stock, if you have purchased an ALPS base. I'll always try to support where I can  :p
--- End quote ---

Renders

Credits
Fooblitzky - a massive shoutout to this guy for making things open source. I had trouble modelling things myself, without this renders would be 110% worse.Janglad - for being a good ladRenderman Bachoo - amazing job helping me visualize thisTom - for the advice with ISO kittingUncle - your red accented Insert is coming :D

Discord
http://discord.baul.xyz/
Its my house, don't smash the doors in!

Support this project by adding this to your signature <3

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111973.0][img width=327 height=120]https://imgur.com/rPWNMJz.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

of_sam:
Such a nice set. Good luck with the gb Paul. <3

lalostad98:
Finally, POGGIES!

keeganzero:
very nice

hnngh

Kasterborous:
I love Baul

Navigation

[0] Message Index