geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

I was on eBay again ...

<< < (4/4)

xsphat:
Whiskey, I was making a joke at the expense of that dreadful 'board on eBay, sorry for the confusion.

What is your uber keyboard project? You got me interested because I wouldlove to do that but I just don't have the know how.

And dust off your cameras, I soon hope to start a set up thread ...

Whiskey in the Jar-o:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---Whiskey, I was making a joke at the expense of that dreadful 'board on eBay, sorry for the confusion.
--- End quote ---


After I won the auction, I spent the next 24 hours checking out reviews and alternatives (as if I had not done so for weeks and weeks before), cultivating a growing sense of buyer's remorse. The worst of it has passed, I think. Buying it will probably work out cheaper than not. I won't be spending so much time checking out reviews, jogging my memory of using the thing 3 long years ago, wondering whether I should get it. Instead, I will be furiously swapping my keyboards, trying to work out which one I like best and causes me least pain. The keyboards will be used mostly  to write about keyboards,


--- Quote from: xsphat ---What is your uber keyboard project? You got me interested because I wouldlove to do that but I just don't have the know how. And dust off your cameras, I soon hope to start a set up thread ...
--- End quote ---


My uber keyboard project is the perfect ergonomic keyboard, of course! Well, first of all, you have to walk before you can run. You have to copy before you can do original work.  I think I will try to copy this thing with some modifications:

http://mykeyboard.co.uk/

But even that is a distant prospect given my other commitments. BTW, I'll be away for the next 3 weeks, but I promise to be back, so please don't despair. Our numbers can only grow higher!

xsphat:
That is an impressive project,  but that is no "walking" project I'd say that's more of a balls-out sprint!

iMav:

--- Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o ---My uber keyboard project is the perfect ergonomic keyboard, of course! Well, first of all, you have to walk before you can run. You have to copy before you can do original work.  I think I will try to copy this thing with some modifications:

http://mykeyboard.co.uk/
--- End quote ---

I preface this by saying that I have never experienced extreme pain from typing, so I realize I am speaking largely out of ignorance to what you experience from day-to-day...

But, I'd rather give up computing all together than have to use that keyboard exclusively.


--- Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o ---BTW, I'll be away for the next 3 weeks, but I promise to be back, so please don't despair. Our numbers can only grow higher!
--- End quote ---

In three weeks I will be on my way back stateside.  So there will be many reasons to celebrate!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version