geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

Model M 84-key spacesaver from Ebay

<< < (2/3) > >>

fkeidjn:

--- Quote from: iMav;2551 ---Repairing a Model M.
--- End quote ---

There has to be a clearer explanation of the pictures, plus bigger pictures.  Anyone find another page like this elsewhere?

iMav:

--- Quote from: fkeidjn;2552 ---There has to be a clearer explanation of the pictures, plus bigger pictures.  Anyone find another page like this elsewhere?
--- End quote ---

I don't know of another site off hand.

If I ever find myself in possession of a Model M in need of such repair, I will make sure and document the process and add it to the wiki.  ;)

iMav:
Received the second 84-key spacesaver (from the same Ebay seller) today.  This one is in even BETTER shape.  4 or 5 plastic rivots missing max.  And this one has the black backplate (plastic portion of the backplate).  

Being black, it is probably a better candidate to go for a Das-like vinyl dye paint job...

However, both of these boards are in such great shape and look so good as is, I'm finding it hard to bring myself to actually dye them.  ;)

(pictures to come tomorrow once I have the time)

iMav:
Ok, I found time to get the second one cleaned and some pictures taken.  ;)

Fresh from the box:

Not even close as dirty as the first one:

Only missing 5 rivots!!

Black backplate.  (nice and clean)

All back together:

Birth certificate:

My three Model M minis:

All three of these are in near identical shape (which is saying something consider the one on the far left is brand new!).  As rare as these keyboards are, I count myself as quite fortunate to have three in such good shape.  :)

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: fkeidjn;2552 ---There has to be a clearer explanation of the pictures, plus bigger pictures.  Anyone find another page like this elsewhere?
--- End quote ---

No kidding, i tried to talk to the person trough the email but the email account seems down....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version