geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

Ebay Buying Advice - you asked for it

<< < (3/15) > >>

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: PhineasRex on Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:14:47 ---
This is bad advice.

If you list your item for the minimum amount you are willing to take, then you will get that amount and likely not much more.

--- End quote ---

I absolutely disagree with you and stand by precisely what I said.  In my opinion, you are repeating ebay propaganda.

I resent your characterization of my giving away my successful techniques as "bad advice"

I base my opinions on my experiences in hundreds of transactions as both buyer and seller, in many types of transactions, on 3 different ebay accounts (all with 100% positive feedback) for well over a decade.

I firmly believe that there is little or no correlation between starting price and selling price, and that the risk of letting a $20 item go for $3 far outweighs any conceivable benefit that might accrue on the back end of a bidding war.

dragonxx21:
The knowledge! So when using a sniper service, you only get charged when you actually win the item?

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: dragonxx21 on Tue, 26 November 2013, 21:39:31 ---The knowledge! So when using a sniper service, you only get charged when you actually win the item?

--- End quote ---

Yes, and it is pennies.

You have to start an account with about $5 (I think that get about the first 3 free) and get dinged when you win. It is literally something like  a dime for an average purchase, and you probably saved many dollars.

Auction Sniper is one of the great bargains in online buying, along with cheap Chinese electronics.

PS - I think I get a free snipe when I recommend someone. If it asks "who recommended you?" say "topvendor1" if you want to help me out.

127001:
What's the difference between a sniping service and eBay automatic bid feature?

Tym:
I used to use Goofbay sniper, isn't that still free?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version