Author Topic: [IC] SA Night King (GB Now Live)  (Read 52582 times)

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [IC] SA Night King
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:39:16 »
Also, here is an example of the dragon glass knife, i think the one on the right would actually look like the real dragon glass knife showed in the show

Show Image

Will this be better?

Show Image

Yes. thanks bro!! Pindutan Club on the roll!!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:41:45 by SiegeTowers »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 20:45:53 »
Designs submitted to z-frontier. Now wating for tentative pricing. Also asked them how much an additional planck+hhkb kit would cost us.

Offline Auk

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 20:53:41 »
...Do you think any other color can match the primary color way?

I've been a bit preoccupied with other things today, but looking at this again I think one of the main problems with the red and blue you have in your mock ups is that they are too saturated in those images and quite jarring.

I had a short play around with the colorize tools. These aren't anywhere near perfect, but with some tweaking you can definitely find colors that will work. How important is it to directly reference the theme? e.g. blue eyes, snow, obsidian etc? If you allow yourself more freedom it will be easier.

177409-0

177411-1

177413-2

177415-3

177417-4

177419-5

177421-6

177423-7

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 21:12:44 »
...Do you think any other color can match the primary color way?

I've been a bit preoccupied with other things today, but looking at this again I think one of the main problems with the red and blue you have in your mock ups is that they are too saturated in those images and quite jarring.

I had a short play around with the colorize tools. These aren't anywhere near perfect, but with some tweaking you can definitely find colors that will work. How important is it to directly reference the theme? e.g. blue eyes, snow, obsidian etc? If you allow yourself more freedom it will be easier.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

eyyyy the last two  are actually really nice. are u still guys interested in accent kits? currently im kinda decided on not including some to stop complicating things but those actually look nice. thank you for pointing this out Auk. ur a great person haha

Offline Auk

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 21:44:04 »
...im kinda decided on not including some...

I wouldn't disagree with that decision. There's no rule that says you must have accents, so if it really doesn't suit the theme then why try to force it?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 21:49:26 »
...im kinda decided on not including some...

I wouldn't disagree with that decision. There's no rule that says you must have accents, so if it really doesn't suit the theme then why try to force it?

by complicating things i mean the pricing bec we currently have 10 novelties already and adding another set might jack the price. maybe I can just make a poll about this included in the IC form. Bec I personally like the effect made by the ones u made.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 22:47:33 »
someone from reddit (nineleveno) suggested this:

Alternatively, if possible, maybe a separate color kit? Keep the base kit as it is in the mockup on here, then the color kit could be a second set of 10:
Esc x2 (obsidian and blue)
Return x2 (obsidian and blue)
Numpad Return x2 (obisidian and blue)
Arrow cluster (obsidian OR blue)

highly considering thissss

Offline Zubame

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 23:52:02 »
What are the novelties on the right that looks like diamonds?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 00:15:27 »
What are the novelties on the right that looks like diamonds?

those are night king's emblem pin. refer to this picture: https://www.flickeringmyth.com//wp-content/uploads/2016/05/game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo-600x337.jpg

Offline darklord20k

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 10:39:13 »
Nice idea, but if you can make the logos of 7 kingdoms (or 4 biggest at least) it'll be f*** ing awesome

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 10:44:31 »
Nice idea, but if you can make the logos of 7 kingdoms (or 4 biggest at least) it'll be f*** ing awesome

can't. copyright. :)

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [IC] SA Night King (IC Form now live!)
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:52:11 »
Planck kit added. IC form now live! https://goo.gl/forms/6kkAT076GsHF1KcS2

Offline darklord20k

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 22:35:55 »
Planck kit added. IC form now live! https://goo.gl/forms/6kkAT076GsHF1KcS2
Got it! But i think you should add the ice spear key, and how about The Wall for return or backspace key? and i think the symbols with minimal style and thinner borderline is better (exp: night king is the eyes and crow instead of full face  ^-^ ^-^, same as three eyes raven is only head with three eyes, no need full body :D
The colorway is very sexy but i think the noveltiles need improve. Anyway, I'm in  :p :p :p :p
and many minilar fan will be happy if you add minilar kit :D
Sorry for late comment  :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 22:49:31 by darklord20k »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:52:55 »
Still no reply from zfrontier so far. I think they're still waiting for maxkey's response regarding the pricing of the set also if the novelties are good for tooling. Will update everyone as soon as they replied. Also, so far 49 people have filled out the IC form since i posted it 9 hours ago.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 19:04:14 »
QUESTION!! just a silly idea, would you guys like it if the enter for the accent keys would have "send raven" legend on it? see here: http://imgur.com/a/qwv8f

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 10:12:40 »
Recently got a reply from zfrontier. They're still waiting for maxkey's quote of the base kit + novelties. They're still not answering some of my questions like if an add on planck+hhkb+45% comp kit would be possible. Will update asap if they reply.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 13:24:51 »
thoughts?
177632-0

"send raven" instead of return

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 September 2017, 13:55:13 by SiegeTowers »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 19:36:09 »
thoughts?
(Attachment Link)

"send raven" instead of return

(Attachment Link)

I don't watch GoT, but sounds cool :thumb:

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:43:10 »
Accent kits updated. Check main post for details. let me know what you think about the update.

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:41:05 »
Ooh such a nice set! Have a GoT themed board this would go perfect with!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 13:45:44 »
According to ZF, maxkeys need to modify something on our novelties. Will update everyone about the changes.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 09:58:48 »
Take my money pls.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 00:59:46 »
This set is going through zFrontier? That's a bummer, really wanted to get in on this. :rolleyes:

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 05:57:23 »
This set is going through zFrontier? That's a bummer, really wanted to get in on this. :rolleyes:

what seems to be wrong with zfrontier?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 07:21:26 »

Oh you prefer to wait more than a year to have this? 

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 00:11:34 »

Maxkeys are the ones who make the keys, OP is choosing zFrontier to proxy the orders. The reason I don't like zFrontier is because their "customer service" is atrocious. They don't seem to care about this community.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 08:10:29 »

Maxkeys are the ones who make the keys, OP is choosing zFrontier to proxy the orders. The reason I don't like zFrontier is because their "customer service" is atrocious. They don't seem to care about this community.

they're doing good so far. They tend to make things cheaper and also they have free shipping through dhl if ur order goes higher than a hundred dollars. if ever you will encounter some problems regarding this, i will do my best to help u and make things easier for all of us. :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 10:47:03 »

I definitely know what is Maxkey and what is zFrontier.   
For the customer service, you might be a bit wrong on this, they are fixing every problem they have with the international shop, they changed their policy to satisfy the customers, afaik they fixed every problem.  I guess your are referring to the double 5-5 of the GMK Ocean Dolch that was fixed by zF, they had to change their policy but they did so.  If you are referring to other, feel free to write it. 

For the ''WHY" it is pretty simple, since OP can't/won't run the GB directly he has to go for a vendor. zF is the only Vendor that make this easy. Unless a good vendor will jump in and say "hey OP I will run the GB for you", thing that probably will not happen, zf is the only one safe bet here.   

Without even talking about Maxkey MOQ, usually should be around 200 orders. Unless this set will be very popular, it is hard to reach even 150 orders with EU/US shops and there aren't many shops that can buy all the extras, while zF can do it. Also, with him it is pretty easy to reach the MOQ since he can sell directly worldwide (no proxy, china included, etc..)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 September 2017, 10:52:58 by KaosJ »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 11:36:14 »

For the customer service, you might be a bit wrong on this, they are fixing every problem they have with the international shop, they changed their policy to satisfy the customers, afaik they fixed every problem.  I guess your are referring to the double 5-5 of the GMK Ocean Dolch that was fixed by zF, they had to change their policy but they did so.  If you are referring to other, feel free to write it. 

For the ''WHY" it is pretty simple, since OP can't/won't run the GB directly he has to go for a vendor. zF is the only Vendor that make this easy. Unless a good vendor will jump in and say "hey OP I will run the GB for you", thing that probably will not happen, zf is the only one safe bet here.   

Without even talking about Maxkey MOQ, usually should be around 200 orders. Unless this set will be very popular, it is hard to reach even 150 orders with EU/US shops and there aren't many shops that can buy all the extras, while zF can do it. Also, with him it is pretty easy to reach the MOQ since he can sell directly worldwide (no proxy, china included, etc..)

well said bro. You discussed everything i want to say. thanks!!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 13:09:12 »

No problem fam  ;D
Any info on when the GB will start?   
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 September 2017, 13:10:48 by KaosJ »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 19:39:19 »

No problem fam  ;D
Any info on when the GB will start?   

Still no idea m8. ZF said they will give me updates regarding the revision of the novelties today. They're still not answering me regarding the compatibility and accent kits. But i guess after that they can start the GB already. last thing to do after being approved is getting renders. Might get thesiscamper to do my renders but prices are really steep for me coz i recently purchased a new board.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 20:45:14 »

The way you said it, it didn't seem like you knew what you were talking about. As for the vendors, I don't understand why you say a "good" vendor would approach this. From what I've seen, the person with the idea seeks for someone to run the gb through. On rare occasions I actually see a vendor jump in and say "Hey!!!! Let me run this for you!!!!!". I can see the whole thing with moq, but I personally don't like zFrontier and won't support them, it's my opinion and how I feel. I'm only one person so why does my little opinion matter so much? :D

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 22:18:01 »

The way you said it, it didn't seem like you knew what you were talking about. As for the vendors, I don't understand why you say a "good" vendor would approach this. From what I've seen, the person with the idea seeks for someone to run the gb through. On rare occasions I actually see a vendor jump in and say "Hey!!!! Let me run this for you!!!!!". I can see the whole thing with moq, but I personally don't like zFrontier and won't support them, it's my opinion and how I feel. I'm only one person so why does my little opinion matter so much? :D

i think he's just tryna convince you to still join this set gb :D no hate guys. just keep loving :) haha peace out

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 05:32:17 »

>The way you said it, it didn't seem like you knew what you were talking about.   

Rofl why,  you just dropped the ''You know nothing, Jon Snow '' randomly  :thinking:   

Yeah the person running the GB usually seeks for someone to run it if he can't, so why OP should bother, having multiple NO by vendors if zF that is a good vendor is already ok, and mainly is a INTERNATIONAL vendor (so OP doesn't need 2+ proxy). 

I do believe you can have any opinion you want, i mean if you say ''I don't like X" i'm fine with this, i'm not discussing this, i'm just answering you because you wrote: 

The reason I don't like zFrontier is because their "customer service" is atrocious. They don't seem to care about this community

and to me this seems like unfounded accusation and for this i asked you if there is any case of unfixed problem about zF that i might be not aware of.  For example i saw people accusing zF for a DHL fault that is honestly hilarious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so at this point i don't really know what is your real reason behind your hate towards them. 

On a side note, whatever if you want to skip a set that you like because of the picked vendor, well i don't understand you but feel free to do so :D  (yeah as SiegeTowers said, i was trying to convince you to join the GB) 

Peace!
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 September 2017, 05:34:49 by KaosJ »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 06:33:19 »

>The way you said it, it didn't seem like you knew what you were talking about.   

Rofl why,  you just dropped the ''You know nothing, Jon Snow '' randomly  :thinking:   

Yeah the person running the GB usually seeks for someone to run it if he can't, so why OP should bother, having multiple NO by vendors if zF that is a good vendor is already ok, and mainly is a INTERNATIONAL vendor (so OP doesn't need 2+ proxy). 

I do believe you can have any opinion you want, i mean if you say ''I don't like X" i'm fine with this, i'm not discussing this, i'm just answering you because you wrote: 

The reason I don't like zFrontier is because their "customer service" is atrocious. They don't seem to care about this community

and to me this seems like unfounded accusation and for this i asked you if there is any case of unfixed problem about zF that i might be not aware of.  For example i saw people accusing zF for a DHL fault that is honestly hilarious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so at this point i don't really know what is your real reason behind your hate towards them. 

On a side note, whatever if you want to skip a set that you like because of the picked vendor, well i don't understand you but feel free to do so :D  (yeah as SiegeTowers said, i was trying to convince you to join the GB) 

Peace!

._. I don't understand why people take things so personal here. I said this is going through zFrontier and you said would you rather wait a year like if I had mentioned to take this set through SP. zFrontier have also tried to run sets without asking the original "designer" and try to profit off of it and they had a super lame excuse. As for you not understanding why I won't support it, it's called morals. Same reason why people don't want to get in on CtrAlt gb's or support originative. There's always excuses for silly things that happen. Anyways, didn't mean to strike offense on you or the op here. It's cool if you like zFrontier, but was there really a need to take it all the way there? Lol. Regardless of this silly post of my little opinion, gl to this gb. I'll still be following cause the set is nice and can't wait to see the pics. Hopefully the date is soon so this goes out into the wild.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 16:40:24 »

nhaa didn't toke it personally, just tried to convince you to join :D

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 23:10:55 »
Update:

Final kits:

Base Kit: Same as Calm Depth
Novelty Kit
Accent kit

Quotes from maxkey will be out soon once i've finalized everything. MOQ is at 100.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 23:37:09 »
Just got word from ZF. All of the novelties are now approved. Although the planck kit will not make the final cut. Now I'm gonna ask you guys, Would you want us to copy the compatibility of MAxkey calmdepths? or just go as far as Lime's compatibility? let me know because quotes will be coming out soon. ;)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 02:57:45 »
Just got word from ZF. All of the novelties are now approved. Although the planck kit will not make the final cut. Now I'm gonna ask you guys, Would you want us to copy the compatibility of MAxkey calmdepths? or just go as far as Lime's compatibility? let me know because quotes will be coming out soon. ;)

Lime since we have novelties too.  It will be too expensive with the Calm Depths kit since we have to add novelties.  Really no reason to have another $120+ kit via maxkey, better go for as cheap as possible imho  ;D

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:40:43 »
I like Calm Depths for the 1.5u R2 Backspace.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 11:31:39 »
UPDATE:

Pricing from Z-Frontier now live. The current pricing scheme includes everything. Base kit + Novelties + Accent Keys

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 03:19:18 »
Looks very nice :) Interested

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 05:46:16 »
UPDATE:

Pricing from Z-Frontier now live. The current pricing scheme includes everything. Base kit + Novelties + Accent Keys

So what is the price? 

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 09:29:09 »
UPDATE:

So what is the price?

it's on the main post :) but here https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=90427.0;attach=178756;image

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 01:53:38 »
Heavens, this looks amazing. I prefer accents that match the alpha legends, hence complementing rather than contrasting the core colourway, but the kit is amazing without a third main colour thrown into the mix. Good luck - will be in fo sho!  :thumb:

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 04:15:11 »
Heavens, this looks amazing. I prefer accents that match the alpha legends, hence complementing rather than contrasting the core colourway, but the kit is amazing without a third main colour thrown into the mix. Good luck - will be in fo sho!  :thumb:

Good to know! thank you for that. I actually tried doing that but it looks kinda awkward so i just tried to account Night King's eyes and the dragon glass.

Offline Jcoe0723

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 07:14:10 »
I need this set in my life.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 21:25:19 »
GB might go live next week. Just kinda struggling with funds for the renders :D after the renders come out, we're good to go!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 12:52:04 »
here's a lr sneak peek from thesiscamper

gb going live soon!!

179586-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 October 2017, 12:57:41 by SiegeTowers »

Offline Zubame

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 18:03:01 »
here's a lr sneak peek from thesiscamper

gb going live soon!!

(Attachment Link)

Wow looking good :thumb:. You need to add this to your front page.