Author Topic: Had my keyboard for a while but new to geekhack!  (Read 2038 times)

Offline tgujay

Had my keyboard for a while but new to geekhack!
« on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 23:36:52 »
I got my first mechanical board last December for Christmas, a Rosewill RK-9000 Blues.  I love that board and it got me hooked on mechs.  A couple of months ago a Dell AT101W popped up on my local craiglist for $3, I jumped on that and got it for $12 shipped.  Black Alps are alright but I mostly got it so my brother could have a mech board and get rid of his POS with a bigass enter key.  Then just this week I found an Acer 6311-K on ebay for $28 shipped and am using that currently while the glue on my Rosewill is drying (Securing the mini usb connector).  I am actually really loving the Black Acer switches, feel better and have a click unlike the Black Alps.

So I guess I'm just saying I love geekhack and can't wait to get more boards.  What were your first Mechanical boards?
Gotta collect them all

Offline Harlequin

Re: Had my keyboard for a while but new to geekhack!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 23:39:59 »
Razer Black Widow Ultimate. It has modified Cherry MX Blue which has lighter activation force than the normal Cherry MX Blue. Got rid of it since it had so many problems.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 August 2012, 00:24:08 »
You've been registered since Feb and only have 12 posts?  Post more! lol  Welcome to Geekhack and to answer your question, Filco "Otaku" brown which I still own.  ;)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline tgujay

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 August 2012, 00:33:45 »
I registered back then as a lurker so I could see pictures haha, I'm remedying that.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 August 2012, 13:19:03 »
First mech board: IBM Model M.
First Cherry MX board: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
First Topre board: Realforce 103UB
First Alps board: Focus FK2001

I didn't care much for the topre. I'm a heavy click switch guy. Blues are decent, though I will always bottom out on them. Welcome to Geekhack!
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 18 August 2012, 21:40:48 »
My first mech was a Ducky year of the Tiger keyboard, I gave it to my mom to use for work lol.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D