Author Topic: Representing Big D, TX - I didn't know keyboard enthusiasts existed  (Read 1993 times)

Offline egotrippin

I like to obsess over the tiniest design details of objects I purchase and now I can add keyboards to that list.  I fear for my wallet. 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Representing Big D, TX - I didn't know keyboard enthusiasts existed
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 20:21:39 »
Welcome to Wallethack!  :p  If you poke around enough, you'll find other money-sinks such as pens, guns, and sneakers.

And don't worry, you can be broke along with the rest of us. Empty wallet and happy fingers  ;D

Offline 1839cc

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 20:36:54 »
Welcome.

You never know, though. I managed to find my ideal typing machine in only five purchases with a sixth for harvesting some keys. I've stopped buying!

Figured I'd say that right before the WASD V2 came out. Just in case.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:09:17 »
Welcome to Wallethack!  :p  If you poke around enough, you'll find other money-sinks such as pens, guns, and sneakers.

And don't worry, you can be broke along with the rest of us. Empty wallet and happy fingers  ;D

Wow - now I have to figure out "...what kind of writing pen defines me as a person?".   :confused:

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:20:15 »
Welcome.

You never know, though. I managed to find my ideal typing machine in only five purchases with a sixth for harvesting some keys. I've stopped buying!

Figured I'd say that right before the WASD V2 came out. Just in case.

Only 5?  That's pretty funny.  I've already bought 4 mechanical keyboards.  I'm glad I'm no the only one.  I returned a white Filco Majestouch-2 because it was an early 90s off-white/beige which I did not want.  My Consair K60 is a nice keyboard but the keys stop responding in Battlefield 3 so I'm using a Ducky at the moment and I have a Poker on the way.  I like the small form factor of the 60% keyboards but I'm not sure how I'm going to like typing on it. This may be another example of me choosing style over substance (and yes, that's how I pick women too).   

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:20:29 »

Wow - now I have to figure out "...what kind of writing pen defines me as a person?".   :confused:

You should not of taken the red pill.......
Looking for CC's!

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:42:53 »

I took all the pills... and mixed with alcohol. 

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 23:14:22 »

Your ****ed.
Looking for CC's!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 01:12:18 »

There's a thread for that too: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39393.0

Welcome to Geekhack!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ