Author Topic: Ohai thar!  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Calade

Ohai thar!
« on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 15:10:36 »
Hello Geekhackers!

I've been using the site for a while already, but haven't started posting until now. I'm a hardcore gamer slash all around nerd from Finland and relatively new to the mechanical keyboard business. I didn't realize I was typing on something very special back when I was 5 years old and we had a Model M (which I threw in the waste bin right before learning about mechanical keyboards!), but I've recently become very interested in subject. Just ordered my first unit, a Rosewill RK-9000, which the store sadly won't be getting until a couple of weeks from now.

Since I'm a perfectionist by nature, I think I'm about to spend quite a bit of money in this hobby to get just the kind of keyboard that I want. I really like white stuff and when doing research on what to buy, I was desperately trying to a white keyboard made out of PBT. But as it turns out, I believe you can't even get white keycaps made out of PBT if you're using the ISO layout.

I'm quite entrepreneuristic by nature, and have been recently thinking of founding an online IT shop. Since the demand seems to be so high, maybe my selection should also include white PBT keycaps? :-)
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 September 2012, 15:55:24 by Calade »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Ohai thar!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 15:12:17 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 15:27:19 »
You will get lots of answers here, some extremely helpful, some not so, but always enlightening.

Enjoy,
John

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 17:06:53 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I see you are already prepared to sacrifice your wallet ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ