Author Topic: [IC] Ex Idol - Has now been open-sourced.  (Read 37764 times)

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
Re: [IC] Ex Idol - [TKL] Next generation mounting method
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 10:30:41 »
Although looking cool, I can't see how this mounting has benefits over conventional mounting systems, maybe we should just stick to the previous generation Dark. Not a fan of the bezels and large case fillets but we all have our preferences. Also I love K-Pop women!!!!

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 12:32:34 »
Fantastic, another k-pop idol board. One that isn't completely cookie-cutter though.

Mounting looks absolutely fun. Great job on previous runs and hope this one goes just as smoothly.

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 13:13:58 »
Yes, my first keyboard design failed. All the rest are keysets which I shelved in order to focus on keyboards.

The past 4 keyboard GBs have all been made, and have been delivered or are currently being delivered.
There isn't any other designer in this hobby that has turned around so many self run projects in the same time frame.

If you continue to try to baselessly throw mud at me trying to make something stick, just because you dislike me, you might find yourself regretting it.
Its really hard to take you seriously, drop your ego please
https://imgur.com/pzIUrbh (ignore the fat stuff that stuff totally isn't true and not nice fatphobia is seriously an issue and people should not judge based off appearances)

chat and team, I appreciate your input dude, but you're always so ****ing negative man. Honestly man, this is the one thing i ****ing hate about streaming some times, because you always have this one guy that just needs to be super ****ing negative all the time when you stream. I appreciate your input man but like my god, I never see positive stuff come from you. It's always just like bashing people, making fun of things. Even in Simon's chat one time too. It's just so ****ing tiring bro, like it honestly is dude. I understand you don't want the product and stuff like that but you don't need to be so god damn ****ing negative man. Like it really is ****ing tiring to read. ****. It's so boring to read the same **** over and over and over again from the same people. You don't like anything, cool! Find a new hobby maybe. ****.
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 13:16:37 »
my sh*tposting aside, this is a cool board and i'm glad that you're doing cool things in this hobby dark
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 22:32:58 »
Very cool mount. It's great to see a serious implementation of snaking XY flexures. I messed around with some in CAD but never came up with something as sensible or realistic as this.

How much have you experimented with the dimensions of the flexures? Clearly, they provide a lot of flex as-is, but going by that video I think there's some room for optimizing it with respect to fatigue over time (that is, if this board will experience fatigue at all). I'd be really curious to see a video of the winkey area mounts in action too.

These are very small things, but I'd love to see a different font choice for the engravings as well as hex fasteners. I quite like the choice of font - it reminds me a lot of small brand logos from Japan/Korea in the late 90s/early 00s, but I don't think it meshes well with such a futuristic design.

taking the under on this one making it past GB based on your previous projects
He's done quite a few private buys successfully in a short span of time. I think he deserves more than zero confidence for that.

I can't imagine it makes that drastic of a different over it being screws into a post. At least you can replace the bumpon with harder/softer materials? Still very complicated.
Screwing these to posts would perform very differently for numerous reasons. But I'll give you one particularly important one: bumpons mounted in a dish allows for rotation along the Y axis, which will make a hell of a difference in the case of this specific mount. Have a look at the video in OP, you should see it clearly. I also don't think the hardness of the bumpons would have much of a difference; bumpons of that dimension could never provide as much flex as the flexures themselves.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 May 2022, 00:35:31 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 00:45:39 »
:gugapog: good **** mister dark

Sent from my Disco using Geekhack

Offline berto

• play more promode
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 09:37:29 »
mr dark, you are so lovely

Offline soundstage

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 11:22:50 »
You should edit your OP title to include the word WKL so people do not get misled.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 May 2022, 01:28:52 by soundstage »

Offline catamscott

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 14:23:12 »
mounting looks very cool, always nice seeing new mounting styles being developed. curious if the bottom flex is significantly different because of the portions directly connected to the plate, but realistically who knows how noticeable the general flex/softness would be in average real world use. regardless, it's the experimentation that makes the hobby fun. very cool stuff  :thumb:

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 16:45:15 »
the plate is a work of art
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline spedywin

• Formerly spedywin
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 17:41:08 »
interesting

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 05:28:56 »
Mount looks sick

Inspiration / engraving total meh

[Changing to F13 from F12 in the second rendition/prototype]

RIP...

I appreciate it, and at this point I intend to offer a version without engravings

Fantastic, another k-pop idol board. One that isn't completely cookie-cutter though.

Mounting looks absolutely fun. Great job on previous runs and hope this one goes just as smoothly.

Thank you for your kind words

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 06:54:18 »
Very cool mount. It's great to see a serious implementation of snaking XY flexures. I messed around with some in CAD but never came up with something as sensible or realistic as this.

How much have you experimented with the dimensions of the flexures? Clearly, they provide a lot of flex as-is, but going by that video I think there's some room for optimizing it with respect to fatigue over time (that is, if this board will experience fatigue at all). I'd be really curious to see a video of the winkey area mounts in action too.

These are very small things, but I'd love to see a different font choice for the engravings as well as hex fasteners. I quite like the choice of font - it reminds me a lot of small brand logos from Japan/Korea in the late 90s/early 00s, but I don't think it meshes well with such a futuristic design.

Thank you!
Hex fasteners are being used on the current prototype, and countersunk into the internal fastening point so there isn't any possibility of interference between the screw head and the keycaps when typing.
I personally think mechanical keyboards are pretty retro futuristic in general which is probably why I don't find a problem with it. I can probably offer an option for them to be completely blank along with the rest of the engravings if this is something people want.

I try to get things right the first time, although admittedly that's pretty difficult when trying to do something new. With this being a public GB there will probably be more opportunity to experiment and prototype things. On previous designs I have have tried much more fragile implementations of aluminium plates - they've been used consistently for coming up to a year without any fatigue that I have noticed thusfar.

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 09:10:11 »
Yeah, This is cool.

Offline zekth

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 16:39:09 »
Mount looks sick

Inspiration / engraving total meh

[Changing to F13 from F12 in the second rendition/prototype]

RIP...

I appreciate it, and at this point I intend to offer a version without engravings

Pretty cool move. But F12 is no more you confirm?

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 11:01:31 »

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 11:08:33 »
:gugapog: good **** mister dark

Sent from my Disco using Geekhack

my sh*tposting aside, this is a cool board and i'm glad that you're doing cool things in this hobby dark

mr dark, you are so lovely

the plate is a work of art

interesting

Yeah, This is cool.

Thanks everyone!

Pretty cool move. But F12 is no more you confirm?

Yes F13 is confirmed. I might put a blocker at the f13 location but that would be the only other option.

Offline bshendy

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 20:30:17 »
So since the 'leafs' are kinda dangling out, we're pretty much screwed if they end up getting bent or something like that during shipping, falling at the wrong angle, etc. etc. etc right?

And it seems like a material like pom for the plate would simply not work since it's too flexible?

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 21:15:25 »
So since the 'leafs' are kinda dangling out, we're pretty much screwed if they end up getting bent or something like that during shipping, falling at the wrong angle, etc. etc. etc right?

And it seems like a material like pom for the plate would simply not work since it's too flexible?

The chances of dropping a plate and damaging it is far lower than the risk of dropping an entire keyboard and denting it. Not sure what else needs to be said with that, maybe you think the average keyboard case design needs to be adapted so it's much more resistant to dropping? Different plate materials are probably possible, depending on the minimum thickness allowable. It might be better to create one intended experience rather than enable several sub par options though... I guess that's something to test in the next prototyping round

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 02:36:29 »
The mounting style looks interesting! Glwic!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline VXQN

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 03:48:34 »
Those bottom Winkey mounting points look like they won't flex as much as the others, due to the "support bars" either side of the leaf spring. Is that a reasonable assessment?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 07:19:46 »
Those bottom Winkey mounting points look like they won't flex as much as the others, due to the "support bars" either side of the leaf spring. Is that a reasonable assessment?
My guess would be that because of the xonledge on the bottom (to achieve low front lip) you don't want the bottom to be as flexible as the top, otherwise you risk bottoming out the bottom row of keys. I'm not a designer tho. Could be totally wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Ghostinn

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 08:20:23 »
I really, REALLY, enjoy the innovation here for the plate mounting method, as well as the simple but beautiful side profile. I also agree with whoever said it above, this would be very interesting to see a stress test as well as a fatigue test over time, but with the way you have your cutouts (especially under the WK), I doubt there will be droop and fatigue. The bumpon is a fantastic idea to start a new era in designing mounting methods, excited to see how this idea can be implemented further in the future. Good luck!

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 17:45:08 »
Mini update

Considering a version without engravings/Kpop references. It looked a little bland though so I thought about doing a blocker instead.

Gondo is working on adapting the PCB to be F13 [Only one of the JST connectors will be used on the actual PCB]:

If the project is run through a vendor with sufficient units, then I would like to use a CEM3 PCB for the GB. If it's on the lower end of things - say 30-50 units, it will probably be standard FR4 instead. It should be possible to try to match the PCB colour to a custom pantone, maybe something pink or lilac could be fun.

At this point I'm trying to finalise changes prior to a second and hopefully final prototype revision being ordered. I will consider prototyping different plate materials and potentially a PC version of the case if that seems feasible. Being able to see the mounting and the plate through the case is a nice idea.

Once I have the second prototype in hand, I can go about doing further testing/demonstrations of the plate mounting; along with answering more questions of that nature at that point.

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 16:57:14 »
i saw this vid the other day,

this one has much thicker spring mechanism than yours, and it has permanent warping pretty easily, so please check to see how your system handles it
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 21:10:21 »
drama aside how has nobody pointed out that the bottom looks like amogus
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 21:40:53 »

this one has much thicker spring mechanism than yours, and it has permanent warping pretty easily, so please check to see how your system handles it
Def important to check. That said I'm not sure if the stems in that wildcat vid were tight or what, but she pressed down pretty hard to get those on. I imagine through normal typing you probably wouldn't have to worry. Just don't beast your caps on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 17:12:28 »

I thought this was obvious just by looking, but you're making me feel like it's not?

Here a thin unsupported part is holding the entire weight of the plate/pcb combination against the force of the typing, this is exacerbated by the long travel distance that the force has to travel laterally
Looking at this, it's easy to see that it's liable to bend. The whole 'flex' that this 'leafspring' generated relies on it bending or deforming. The design is banking on the mounting point being close in proximity in the up/down [edit: for clarity] north/south dimension to compensate for a lack of support provided by the mechanism.

My implementation is the complete opposite approach, where the 'leafspring coils' themselves provide support. It's obvious to me that a more tightly bound coil, as opposed to no coil at all, will provide more support. It's probably something to do with when the force travels around the corner of the bend, and would deform as in the example of the board you have provided, that deformation and tearing force is resisted by the bend in front and behind. That simultaneous transfer and resisting of force is very different from an implementation which has no support and intends to create a typing feeling through only deformation of the plate. I'm just someone who designs intuitively, so I have difficulty trying to explain what I innately understand.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 17:15:05 by Lil »

Offline plag

• Formerly pepperonichicken
  • i also go by plag
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 21:14:21 »
interesting plate design..... stainless weight...... a great but simple looking side profile. count me in  :thumb: its obvious that this board is work of passion, however, id really love to know what colors are available as well as the price. id love nothing more than to have a red unit on my desk in the future. glwic  :p

Offline vonk

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 05:06:16 »

I thought this was obvious just by looking, but you're making me feel like it's not?

Show Image

Here a thin unsupported part is holding the entire weight of the plate/pcb combination against the force of the typing, this is exacerbated by the long travel distance that the force has to travel laterally
Looking at this, it's easy to see that it's liable to bend. The whole 'flex' that this 'leafspring' generated relies on it bending or deforming. The design is banking on the mounting point being close in proximity in the up/down [edit: for clarity] north/south dimension to compensate for a lack of support provided by the mechanism.

My implementation is the complete opposite approach, where the 'leafspring coils' themselves provide support. It's obvious to me that a more tightly bound coil, as opposed to no coil at all, will provide more support. It's probably something to do with when the force travels around the corner of the bend, and would deform as in the example of the board you have provided, that deformation and tearing force is resisted by the bend in front and behind. That simultaneous transfer and resisting of force is very different from an implementation which has no support and intends to create a typing feeling through only deformation of the plate. I'm just someone who designs intuitively, so I have difficulty trying to explain what I innately understand.

Show Image

I don't think you can expect any plastic deformation from normal use, although it would be quite easy to permanently deform from improper handling, so no holding it by one mounting point and then waiving it around to see what happens.

To comment on the 40% video.  A single flat bar supported only at both ends will bend in the middle.  If the cross section stays the same, the longer the distance between the supported ends the more it will bend with the same applied force. With sufficient flex the metal will plastically deform and the bend will be permanent. To avoid this your options are: Change the shape to make it stiffer (why I beams are a thing), change the material, make the unsupported length smaller or redistribute the load. That said it looks like the observed bend is due to improper handling as in use the load should be sufficiently distributed in normal use.

Your 'coil' design has short straight lengths between the bends so it is unlikely to deform in the same way.  The force has to go into the metal somewhere, however.  In the case of your coil, I would expect the deformation to be mostly torsional at the bends.  With the first bend twisting most and the last bend twisting least.

But for people worried, just look at the video in the first post, empirical is always better than theoretical.  In the video the 'coil' handles a large displacement elastically without any problem :).  Also, since only the bottom Bumpon is supported in the demo, it shows a much larger flex than you can expect when both top and bottom Bumpon are supported.

My solid mechanics are a bit rusty these days, so don't ask me to do any calculations to show my working  ;).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 09:52:29 »
If you continue to try to baselessly throw mud at me trying to make something stick, just because you dislike me, you might find yourself regretting it.

Are you threatening him? On top of being incredibly excessive (there's a report button if you feel someone is acting inappropriately), what exactly are you planning to do here?

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 12:52:03 »
Are you threatening him? On top of being incredibly excessive (there's a report button if you feel someone is acting inappropriately), what exactly are you planning to do here?

I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me or giving criticism, but I don't think it's acceptable to baselessly engage in thread poisoning. If someone harasses you it's considered normal to give them a warning before meeting them at their level, giving them back that same energy and escalating the situation.

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 18:12:32 »

Dark:

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 20:07:18 »
Mr Dark can have a snuggle with Dogger and the Pogger to make him happier
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Lil

• designedbydark

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 04 June 2022, 14:45:02 »
The new f13 blocker is just yikes

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 05 June 2022, 16:24:11 »
The new f13 blocker is just yikes

I appreciate the feedback, from the yikes-poster themselves no less. The design isn't finalised yet, and has gone through a few changes since I last posted on geekhack. I have some other projects that I am dealing with for the moment, so there is a delay before the design changes are confirmed in full and the second rendition is ordered for prototyping.

I don't think you can expect any plastic deformation from normal use, although it would be quite easy to permanently deform from improper handling, so no holding it by one mounting point and then waiving it around to see what happens.

To comment on the 40% video.  A single flat bar supported only at both ends will bend in the middle.  If the cross section stays the same, the longer the distance between the supported ends the more it will bend with the same applied force. With sufficient flex the metal will plastically deform and the bend will be permanent. To avoid this your options are: Change the shape to make it stiffer (why I beams are a thing), change the material, make the unsupported length smaller or redistribute the load. That said it looks like the observed bend is due to improper handling as in use the load should be sufficiently distributed in normal use.

Your 'coil' design has short straight lengths between the bends so it is unlikely to deform in the same way.  The force has to go into the metal somewhere, however.  In the case of your coil, I would expect the deformation to be mostly torsional at the bends.  With the first bend twisting most and the last bend twisting least.

But for people worried, just look at the video in the first post, empirical is always better than theoretical.  In the video the 'coil' handles a large displacement elastically without any problem :).  Also, since only the bottom Bumpon is supported in the demo, it shows a much larger flex than you can expect when both top and bottom Bumpon are supported.

My solid mechanics are a bit rusty these days, so don't ask me to do any calculations to show my working  ;).

Thanks for your comment, you've explained it alot better than I could have! I definitely think the ability to 'elastically' respond to the load applied is the key difference as you have stated. Once the second prototype has been built, I will try to provide a comprehensive demo with the fully assembled board.

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 01:44:00 »
Love this design and interesting & creative mounting method. Any update on when this might go to GB? Very interested in this board! 💪
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 14:35:32 »
Love this design and interesting & creative mounting method. Any update on when this might go to GB? Very interested in this board! 💪

Thanks! I'm not happy with the side profile, so i'm going to redesign/prototype that first before going forward with the project. I want every design to be unique and I'm not satisfied with that aspect right now, because it doesn't properly convey the feeling I want it to.

Due to timescales it will probably be pushed back to second priority for a little bit since I have another project which is much closer to being finalised design-wise. I have ordered a prototype for that other project, through testing it should allow me to dial in the mounting method which will feedback into informing the final design of the idol board.

I've made some progress with being able to design things a little more 3 dimensionally on the side profile too

290212-0

I will use that experience to develop this board to better, and more striking visually, with it's own flavour. I'd prefer to take time to get it right than to release something half baked.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:00:05 »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 18:53:22 »
Show Image

You know, I really like your comments but you really deserve the nickname "kok" as you can be such a **** sometimes
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 19:06:07 »
it does kinda look like a bike helmet though

Offline aa212121

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 19:26:21 »
it do

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 22:31:01 »
This you?
!designer

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2022, 22:33:54 by herbologist »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 09:20:06 »
This you?
!designer
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I don't get it, this looks good

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 11:35:05 »
This you?

If these are the images you are referring to, it appears to be me

290808-0290810-1
290812-2290814-3

Photo credit: Kiyoboard

More
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2022, 12:47:58 by Lil »

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 14:54:10 »
This you?

If these are the images you are referring to, it appears to be me

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Photo credit: Kiyoboard

More

That's me :D Though I don't get what is the problem in that zoomed in bit. I assume it is the screw not being flush with the weight? Which is fine in my opinion. The board looks really good.

Offline lw88

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 18:14:43 »
This is a very professional groupbuy and your attitude is among the best in the hobby.
I look forward to definitely giving you my money and trusting that I get a quality keyboard in return :)

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 10:30:01 »
This is a very professional groupbuy and your attitude is among the best in the hobby.
I look forward to definitely giving you my money and trusting that I get a quality keyboard in return :)

Can you also give me your money : )  I will give you a Quality keyboard   :p

Mr dark is my idol.
Good night Mr Dark
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
Re: [IC] Ex Idol - Intending to publicly release files
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 16:59:14 »
I've already moved on and don't have the energy or enough interest to circle backwards to this project, with the required changes to be implemented/prototyped if keeping the current mounting method.

In light of that, I'll spend a short amount of time over the next few weeks to try to get the design to be in a working state before I release the files publicly.

• I won't give any guarantees or accept any liability for what you use, so you should take responsibility for making sure you're happy to spend your money before ordering anything based on the files provided.
  • It's possible that I might make a mistake. It's up to you to check that it's functional for your use case before spending money on getting it made.
  • If anyone makes any amendments or edits to the files, they could break them. I obviously can't be responsible for that, so please use your brain before your spend your money to avoid wasting it.

So far:
  • I've kept the layout as F12, added a fillet on the seam between the top and bottomcase. I've removed the engravings, or will give an option with/without as applicable.
  • The board will be compatible with the WT80 Graphite PCB designed by Wilba that is periodically restocked by salvun/kc.
    If I manage to get around to it, there will also be a link to a file repository for a compatible open-sourced PCB designed by Gondo.
  • I intend to change the plate and mounting method to be top mount since that is most likely straightforward enough to get working without requiring another prototyping round. Once this step is done it'll be ready to release the files.

I intend to release the files for the keyboard based on a creative commons non-commercial license.

Whereby the keyboard files will be released for you to download, change and use, but the design can't be used on a commercial basis;
that non-commercial stipulation applies for any derivatives, future transformations or other continuations from these root files.

So long as it's non-profit/non commercial you could make one just for you, or do a small run with a few friends, etc.

Running for profit sale using an edited file, akin to the idea of running a sale with a design 'based on a bakaneko' is prohibited under the intended license.
Flipping a unit you get made on the aftermarket is also prohibited, as previously stated.
This applies to any singular part of the whole.

The intention is to give something to the community that they'll be able to enjoy and can order themselves direct from the manufacturer.

That means that if you really like it, you can have it in your hands much sooner; with a colour, price and quality of your choosing dependent on the manufacturer chosen.

You can even add some engravings on there and customise it as you want it.

I wanted to avoid a situation where **works/studio/lab suddenly has a new GB for you to join or mechmarket was flooded with derivative TKLs 'designed' by people who have simply added an engraving.
I will try to make a tutorial to show you how to add an engraving yourself, if you haven't used 3D CAD software before.

It will probably take at minimum a few weeks to accomplish this since I have other priorities that take precedent.