Author Topic: IdeaPad 5 Pro keyboard - similar desktop keyboard?  (Read 928 times)

Offline enskeyb

IdeaPad 5 Pro keyboard - similar desktop keyboard?
« on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 12:26:27 »
I feel pretty comfortable with the keyboard of the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro 16" series.

Can someone recommend me keyboards (preferably wired) that give a similar feel while typing?

There's a Lenovo Essential Wired Keyboard with the same keycap design, but according to severals reviewers with the same intention it feels completely different.

Offline TomahawkLabs

Re: IdeaPad 5 Pro keyboard - similar desktop keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 12:48:54 »
You're talking about a chiclet keycap style membrane keyboard. This isn't a mechanical keyboard and no mechanical keyboard should/would feel like that. I'd say just buy whatever lenovo usb keyboard you can find and it'll perform the same.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline Findecanor

Re: IdeaPad 5 Pro keyboard - similar desktop keyboard?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 19:21:33 »
Lenovo use to make a stand-alone "ThinkPad Keyboard" with the same keyboard as in the ThinkPad laptops, even including a trackpoint.
That might feel similar, or better, so I would look for that instead.

I have a desktop Lenovo keyboard that might be the same as the "Essentials" keyboard you're referring to, and yes, that one is indeed quite bad and much different from the Thinkpad keyboards at least.
(It was bundled with a cheap Lenovo desktop PC I bought and customised for my mum some years ago, and she much preferred the keyboard she had before)
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2024, 19:24:14 by Findecanor »