Author Topic: [IC] GMK Phosphorous — Group Buy is live!  (Read 86208 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous (added NEW RENDERS; see changelog)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 03:29:10 »
As you may have noticed, Abec13 rendered accented arrows in a few of his renders, despite this not being part of the my vision of GMK Phosphorous. I know some of you have suggested adding them so at this point, I am really tempted to do so.

Here are my ideas:
1. Add to Core, change nothing else.
2. Add to Spacebars, since there's an accented Spacebar in there too.
3. Add to Core, move ISO keys to NumPad, expand ISO with more keys (only 16% of total potential buyers are currently interested in the NumPad kit) — this would help NumPad reach MOQ.

I'd love some feedback.

Offline trashcandrummer

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 09:16:01 »
Awesome work!
With NorDe kit and blue arrow keys this will be the perfect set.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:30:06 »
Awesome work!

A familiar face (nickname) from MechMarket! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Offline trashcandrummer

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 13:02:07 »
Awesome work!

A familiar face (nickname) from MechMarket! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Howdy :D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 22:40:14 »
As you may have noticed, Abec13 rendered accented arrows in a few of his renders, despite this not being part of the my vision of GMK Phosphorous. I know some of you have suggested adding them so at this point, I am really tempted to do so.

Here are my ideas:
3. Add to Core, move ISO keys to NumPad, expand ISO with more keys (only 16% of total potential buyers are currently interested in the NumPad kit) — this would help NumPad reach MOQ.

I'd love some feedback.

I really like how the accented arrows came out, I really love this set(favorite color is blue and you chose a beautiful one) so any way to see that added is a plus.

Option 1, 2 or 3 works for me as I will be buying core, numpad and spacebars anyways. But option 1 or 3 makes the most sense to me personally.

And is there an estimated timeframe when you would look to run this set? After seeing the renders I want it yesterday...

Offline Abec13

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 23:44:35 »
I'd say 1 or 3.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2019, 00:02:01 by Abec13 »
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 01:32:27 »

Here are my ideas:
3. Add to Core, move ISO keys to NumPad, expand ISO with more keys (only 16% of total potential buyers are currently interested in the NumPad kit) — this would help NumPad reach MOQ.

I'd love some feedback.

I really like how the accented arrows came out, I really love this set(favorite color is blue and you chose a beautiful one) so any way to see that added is a plus.

Option 1, 2 or 3 works for me as I will be buying core, numpad and spacebars anyways. But option 1 or 3 makes the most sense to me personally.

And is there an estimated timeframe when you would look to run this set? After seeing the renders I want it yesterday...

No ETA yet. Working on it.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 03:30:06 »
Data gathered from IC form no. 1

Which kits are you interested in purchasing?
- 96.6% want the Core kit.
- 16.8% want the NumPad kit.
- 22.7% want the 40s/Ortho kit.
- 37.8% want the Spacebars kit.
- 2.5% will not be purchasing anything.

Would you want to buy a NorDEUK kit?
- 87.4%: NO!
- 12.6%: YES!

Should I drop the 6U Spacebars to lower the price of the Spacebars kit?
Basically 50/50 split on the replies. 6u Spacebars will stay.

Suggestions:

accent color arrow keys, please :)

Maybe a cyan colored arrow kit as an alt color scheme to give a little more pop?

Added to Core kit.

Using stock colors N9/N5/ might help lower the price and allow easier mix'n'matching by people who already have N9 sets. Not sure how close N9 is to your base color however.

I considered doing N9 but ultimately it's too dark a shade of grey for what I wanted.

Ergodox kit!!!! Please. Would be so awesome to not have to cobble one together from the base kit.

I will start another IC form and include a question for Ergodox.

How about a sweet deskmat?

Hmm...

Rama key with that palette would be amazing.

Ne Rama cap avail... :P

A potential RAMA novelty would be sick!

I will hopefully have something to show you soon...

Colevrak pls T_T

Colemak kit pleeeeeeease!!!!! <3333333333333

Two (2) people asked for Colevrak. Any more?

There were more suggestions in the IC form but they seemed very specific and dedicated for a minority — I'm sorry if I didn't address them but please do leave a comment if you'd like to expand on the topic further.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 04:02:44 »
Changelog

2019/06/10, 11:00:
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2019, 05:10:53 by Moridin »

Offline dantambok

Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I received the following suggestion:

1.25u and 1.5u keys in 40% set to make it work alone for non ortho boards

Would love some feedback from 40% users on this.

Offline Moac

really digging the color choice. So many great keycaps and this is truly one of them.

Offline tronix_41

in for nordeuk kit!  :thumb:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
in for nordeuk kit!  :thumb:

We’re going to need as many as possible if this kit is to reach MOQ.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
really digging the color choice. So many great keycaps and this is truly one of them.

🤩🤩🤩😍

Offline SwordLaker

Sorry if my words seem harsh, but if you're not using GMK stock colours in this very specific set, you are falling into designer's ego trap;  raising the MOQ in the most unnecessary way possible and risking failing the entire GB.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Sorry if my words seem harsh, but if you're not using GMK stock colours in this very specific set, you are falling into designer's ego trap;  raising the MOQ in the most unnecessary way possible and risking failing the entire GB.

We can do this!

220904-0

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus

We can do this!

With how good this set looks, I don't see you having any issues hitting 250 moq at all.

Offline vicissitude

Yes.
We can do this.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

We can do this!

With how good this set looks, I don't see you having any issues hitting 250 moq at all.

With you in for 5 of each kit, to match your chair, it should be a breeze! 😜

In all seriousness though, we could fall back on GMK colours if the worst scenario comes to pass, but I'm feeling very positive about everything. Even the NorDEUK set.

Offline Draic

The 40% kit has no Alt or Ctrl keys included. Neither in 1u, 1.25 or 1.50. So for a full set of modifiers you are forced to get the Core for these keys. So it is the same problem both for ortho and none ortho 40%s, as both can not use the 40 kit without Core. But I guess this is intentional

Offline dav1k

I really do struggle to keep myself together with my boundless excitement as I see real progress on this kit.

With my responses to your second IC, I did mention the creation of an Ergodox/Boardwalk kit as a stretch goal. It would be nice. The core kits are already extremely nice and I wouldn't want anything superfluous to create unnecessary risks. Like I said, it's a stretch goal.

With regards to a deskmat, I'd love to see some hexagons and some Iron Man ****. However you interpret that, I'm sure it'll be great!  :p

You've already got a Core, Ortho and Spacebar buyer here.

Keep it up mate!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Changelog

2019/06/11, 10:24:
Added vendors:

• Europe — MyKeyboard.eu
  • USA — TBA
  • Asia / Oceania — Still looking...

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar

The 40% kit has no Alt or Ctrl keys included. Neither in 1u, 1.25 or 1.50. So for a full set of modifiers you are forced to get the Core for these keys. So it is the same problem both for ortho and none ortho 40%s, as both can not use the 40 kit without Core. But I guess this is intentional
Do you not have to get the core for alphas anyway?

Offline orim23

now that we have accented arrow keys in core, can we please have accented spacebars in core as well?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
now that we have accented arrow keys in core, can we please have accented spacebars in core as well?

Waiting for pricing quotes from GMK. We’ll see what we’re up to and the see how to move forward.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I really do struggle to keep myself together with my boundless excitement as I see real progress on this kit.

With my responses to your second IC, I did mention the creation of an Ergodox/Boardwalk kit as a stretch goal. It would be nice. The core kits are already extremely nice and I wouldn't want anything superfluous to create unnecessary risks. Like I said, it's a stretch goal.

With regards to a deskmat, I'd love to see some hexagons and some Iron Man ****. However you interpret that, I'm sure it'll be great!  :p

You've already got a Core, Ortho and Spacebar buyer here.

Keep it up mate!

Thank you. I saw your request but I’m so worried it won’t be anywhere near MOQ.

Regarding the whole set, personally, I’m super excited one minute and then horrified in the next, thinking it won’t hit MOQ. Emotional ride!

Any other ErgoDox users out there who want a kit?

Offline Jackorias

• Jack, UK.
Wooo, NorDeUK! Core looks great. Love the contrast between the two colours.

Big blue enter, blue arrows and hopefully a cool RAMA cap for escape... mmmm.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Will hopefully have some news tomorrow. And will go through your suggestions. I already addressed one of them.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
I think you should give an ergo kit a shot. Just a stand-alone kit with the mods only. No need to put alphas in. It'll be more beneficial to boardwalk folks this way and be easier to reach MOQ

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I think you should give an ergo kit a shot. Just a stand-alone kit with the mods only. No need to put alphas in. It'll be more beneficial to boardwalk folks this way and be easier to reach MOQ

We would be up to 6 kits then! 😮😮😮

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

We would be up to 6 kits then! 😮😮😮

6 that you know of. How many people that buy the base kit will have made their intentions known to you beforehand?  ;)

Offline dav1k

Exactly this!

This should be designed as a child kit that only includes the very specific keys needed for this layout. Would a smaller, simpler kit reduce MOQ?

I think those interested would appreciate if you simply researched the idea and provided some insight into its feasibility.

Keep up the great work!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

BTW you’re not doing Ergo, are you?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Touché

Sending you a PM

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I was asking sincerely. 😁 Any particular reason why not?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
We chatted over PM.
 :D
Not to put words in his mouth, but he's considering adding an ergo kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Hey guys, I was supposed to get all the suggestions sorted today but we’re having a heat spell (over 30°C when it should be 20-25°) so it’s hard to focus on anything.

Working on packaging and deskmat ideas in the meantime.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Hey guys, I was supposed to get all the suggestions sorted today but we’re having a heat spell (over 30°C when it should be 20-25°) so it’s hard to focus on anything.

Working on packaging and deskmat ideas in the meantime.

Only 30°C? That sounds nice. Maybe the keyset blue can cool you off.  :p

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Was 34°C yesterday. In the shade. 😝

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus

I am in Texas, that is 100% normal to me(along with high humidity), lol.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

I am in Texas, that is 100% normal to me(along with high humidity), lol.

We don’t have AC in flats, houses, and apartments, for the most part. Average temp should be around 23-25°C at this time of year. It’s probably 45°C inside my apartment around noon already, what with it facing the sun.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
We don’t have AC in flats, houses, and apartments, for the most part. Average temp should be around 23-25°C at this time of year. It’s probably 45°C inside my apartment around noon already, what with it facing the sun.

...Not sure how you are alive atm. Texas has one thing, AC everywhere because we know it gets hot af during summer. I lived in a city for a while that was probably around 42+ every single day during summer and didn't rain, but at least I had AC. I studied abroad in Spain and the apartment I was in had no AC and we weren't allowed to use fans at all, which sucks when it was always high 30's during the day and low 30's at night. Sleeping was a chore.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous — inspired by RAMA WORKS' M60-A Moon
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:13:10 »
Is there a reason you wouldn't just do N9 and N5? Seems really similar to the pantones you've chosen.

Also, why use "Num lock", 2 line, when you also use one lines such as "Print", "Lock", "Pause"? I'd change to "Num".
In addition, because you're using icon mods and (hopefully) one line modifiers, I'd also change the icon for divide and multiply on the numpad to the alternate versions.

Edit: also, why did you include a third 1u ISO key? Since you omitted the numrow, it makes no sense. :) Just remove one of the additional iso specific keys to save on the base cost.

Re 1: I wanted to be as close to RAMA's Cool Gray 10 C and the phosphor filled enamel as possible.
Re 2: Noted.
Re 3: Which key are you referring to exactly? It's probably staring me in the face, but I am apparently blind.

Personal preference i know, but those single line "lock", "print" ect are the reason i ended up selling some of my sets, way uglier than the og way of doing it imo

Totally agree

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:13:53 »
Thanks for all the comments in the IC form — those are invaluable. My biggest regret is NorDEUK because there are currently 7 (seven) people who have declared their intent to purchase it and we would need at least 40, to buy out to an MOQ of 50... 😞

This is a must for me

Offline dorf

• divine creator
How about diamonds instead of dots on mods?

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

I think accent arrows/spacebars should go in spacebar kit. Getting a cheap base is a very important part for getting people into the GB imo.

And the custom colors/250 min does not seem like it is an issue in the current climate. With recent hyped sets blowing by 1000 units, it doesn't seem like getting up to MOQ is as big of an issue any more.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
How about diamonds instead of dots on mods?

Show Image

The dots are a tribute to RAMA. Take a look at PBT Heavy Industry.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 12:47:54 »
Thanks for all the comments in the IC form — those are invaluable. My biggest regret is NorDEUK because there are currently 7 (seven) people who have declared their intent to purchase it and we would need at least 40, to buy out to an MOQ of 50... 😞

This is a must for me

NorDEUK is ready. The only question that remains is: will it hit MOQ?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I think accent arrows/spacebars should go in spacebar kit. Getting a cheap base is a very important part for getting people into the GB imo.

And the custom colors/250 min does not seem like it is an issue in the current climate. With recent hyped sets blowing by 1000 units, it doesn't seem like getting up to MOQ is as big of an issue any more.

Most people voted against this. I was considering moving all accents to Spacebars but the overwhelming majority (which surprised me) said no in the feedback form.