Author Topic: [GB] (CLOSED) TX1800 [Finished]  (Read 435612 times)

Offline captvizcenzo

Re: [GB] TX1800 (Housing, PCB, Parts, Keycaps) [Shipping]
« Reply #950 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 00:50:36 »
I'm from Malaysia and I don't receive my order yet, nor any updates from him for the past months.
I hope he will come back here on GH soon.  :-X

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #951 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 00:53:12 »
I'm from Malaysia and I don't receive my order yet, nor any updates from him for the past months.

I really hope so too!

I haven't given up on this GB yet, but we need to hear from the man, hopefully soon. :/

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #952 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 01:06:14 »

I really hope so too!

I haven't given up on this GB yet, but we need to hear from the man, hopefully soon. :/

Me too. This is my first Korean keyboard so I hope everything will finish smoothly.
If there's someone who knows Kin personally, please let him know we miss him so much in this thread...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #953 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 21:01:49 »

I really hope so too!

Me too. This is my first Korean keyboard so I hope everything will finish smoothly.
If there's someone who knows Kin personally, please let him know we miss him so much in this thread...
I was talking to him on Kakaotalk but he never replied when I mentioned the tx1800

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #954 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 21:18:55 »

I really hope so too!

I was talking to him on Kakaotalk but he never replied when I mentioned the tx1800

I think it's not only TX1800, I've ordered some switches from him a few months ago
and yet I get the same treatment via email. Saw a couple of his recent post over kbdlab and he's still active

I do believe he would still deliver though, I've received the two boards I ordered from him before
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #955 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 05:30:50 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&document_srl=3072124

I posted this on the jtk group buy thread but look who posted.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #956 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:02:56 »

/startrant

If I were a part of the Korean forums I would feel obligated as part of the community to put this topic out on center stage.

Anyone who is giving so many chances to this guy just plain wants a new keyboard without looking what's happening to them and others IMO.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is not fair. He hasn't posted here in weeks without even saying at least "I'm working on it" or "I have them and they are coming."

We know he has the pieces and people have gotten theirs. He frequently posts on kbdlab. What's the deal? To this point I think he did a phenomenal job of keeping us updated with information and photos. What's going on that he's avoiding us? He obviously makes time for the other keyboard community.

I feel really sorry for the people who are in denial of getting robbed. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm out of line for thinking that this guy is jacking you guys.

/endrant

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #957 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:12:07 »
Yesterday I saw he was chatting on kbdlab. I tried to register on kbdlab, but was not successful.
Can anyone (maybe Korean GHer) help to let him know via kbdlab that we are waiting for him here??

Offline filphil

« Reply #958 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:13:31 »
Are we even sure this kin and that one are the same person?  This is a serious question too

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #959 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:14:06 »

/startrant

If I were a part of the Korean forums I would feel obligated as part of the community to put this topic out on center stage.

Anyone who is giving so many chances to this guy just plain wants a new keyboard without looking what's happening to them and others IMO.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is not fair. He hasn't posted here in weeks without even saying at least "I'm working on it" or "I have them and they are coming."

We know he has the pieces and people have gotten theirs. He frequently posts on kbdlab. What's the deal? To this point I think he did a phenomenal job of keeping us updated with information and photos. What's going on that he's avoiding us? He obviously makes time for the other keyboard community.

I feel really sorry for the people who are in denial of getting robbed. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm out of line for thinking that this guy is jacking you guys.

/endrant

In the end what can we do?

We have absolutely no power to force him to do anything, he is located in a totally alien country with different laws, culture and morality.

Just have to endure this and if I was him I would stay permanently inside South Korea and of course contact his good mate DrugER (to celebrate), on doing the same thing here.  Word to the wise here, don't ever deal with South Koreans ever again despite their (fake) photos, promising hand made aluminum keyboards.

Their words (fake promises) mean absolutely nothing here........ the proof is clearly, self evident.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #960 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:16:52 »
Are we even sure this kin and that one are the same person?  This is a serious question too
To answer this, some one need to ask 'kdblab kin' if he has control over tx1800 on GH...
If only I can read Korean  :-\

Offline filphil

« Reply #961 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:23:36 »
To answer this, some one need to ask 'kdblab kin' if he has control over tx1800 on GH...

I highly suspect someone was masquerading as kin.:(

Edit:

That might not be true. Seth said he talked to kin about stuff and when the topic of this group buy was brought up he went silent.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:31:02 by filphil »

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #962 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:30:47 »

I highly suspect someone was masquerading as kin.:(

What made me think he's not a conman was he admitted that he received joey's 456GT, and returned it to Malaysia (if this ever happened). 
I don't think a conman would do that, unless that was part of the drama to make people trust him.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #963 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:35:28 »
He was under the impression that yuktsi sent it to him as a gift and gave it back to them. It was mislabeled since yuktsi used a box from kin and accidentally got it resent to kin.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #964 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:41:11 »
Can someone give/PM me his Kakaotalk ID?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #965 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 07:06:23 »
Just have to endure this and if I was him I would stay permanently inside South Korea and of course contact his good mate DrugER

Might even be the same person.

Hate to say it, but as soon as someone says "oh sorry, my XXX got sick" that's been a terrible sign...

Anyways, hope things work out for everyone...a bit surprised people aren't posting on KBD and just stating what went wrong here...maybe his own community doesn't care or maybe they do...

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #966 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:12:27 »
Hate to say it, but as soon as someone says "oh sorry, my XXX got sick" that's been a terrible sign...

Yep.  Having been burnt by Sprit and Kin, I'll not be participating in any group buys run by non-vetted members.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #967 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:22:15 »

Yep.  Having been burnt by Sprit and Kin, I'll not be participating in any group buys run by non-vetted members.
Wait, what's wrong with SPRiT? I've ordered some stuff from him before with no problems, and PM'd him a couple of days ago with some questions on other items.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #968 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:45:20 »

Wait, what's wrong with SPRiT? I've ordered some stuff from him before with no problems, and PM'd him a couple of days ago with some questions on other items.

Read the last 10 pages of https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.0
I ordered and paid for 2 PCBs two years ago and have received nothing. 
I am among a good number of people who have received nothing.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #969 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:12:39 »
This is really bizarre, I emailed him when he was asking about people taking the scratch/dent cases, and he emailed back several times, with pictures, a couple options of scratched cases, and I chose one.  He provided an invoice for the remainder of the payment, I paid it, and he shipped out promptly on July 9th, I and received it just a few days later in NV.  I received the case, the PCB, diodes, stabs, resistors all in working order (as pictured previously in this thread).  I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #970 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:16:56 »
This is really bizarre, I emailed him when he was asking about people taking the scratch/dent cases, and he emailed back several times, with pictures, a couple options of scratched cases, and I chose one.  He provided an invoice for the remainder of the payment, I paid it, and he shipped out promptly on July 9th, I and received it just a few days later in NV.  I received the case, the PCB, diodes, stabs, resistors all in working order (as pictured previously in this thread).  I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Yeah I got a replies from him via email with pics of a scratched case, but no invoice.

Remeber the whole pitchforks with Sprit? That got way out of hand. I don't want the same to start here. But I agree.... Things are looking grim.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #971 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:18:36 »
I also got some photos of scratched cases. I wonder if we all got the same photo.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #972 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:26:49 »
Remeber the whole pitchforks with Sprit? That got way out of hand.
I thought so too at the time, but he's vanished again now.
Honestly, after approaching the end of year 2 waiting on Sprit, this feels like a minor hickup.
I'd say give Kin more time.  Not an indefinite pass, but it's only been about a month since his last post.
If you get busy and/or sidetracked, a month can fly by quick.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #973 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:28:23 »
I also got some photos of scratched cases. I wonder if we all got the same photo.

The reply, from Mon, 06 Jul 2015 20:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry for late reply.

Here arw some pictures.

Top and bottom are good.

Sodes are not good.

White is anodizing error.

네이버 메일 앱에서 보냈습니다.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #974 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:30:04 »
Remeber the whole pitchforks with Sprit? That got way out of hand.
I thought so too at the time, but he's vanished again now.
Honestly, after approaching the end of year 2 waiting on Sprit, this feels like a minor hickup.
I'd say give Kin more time.  Not an indefinite pass, but it's only been about a month since his last post.
If you get busy and/or sidetracked, a month can fly by quick.

Yet, still find time to post regularly on another forum and ship out some individual orders? How?!

Not even a "hi I'm still here" post.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #975 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:32:18 »
Yet, still find time to post regularly on another forum and ship out some individual orders? How?!

Not even a "hi I still look here" post.

Agreed, and I don't want to set myself up as Defender of the Perpetually Tardy (worst superhero ever).
However, it is human nature.  If you fall behind on something, you try to avoid those you report to until you catch up and have something to report.
I'm thinking/hoping that is what's happening here, and in a few weeks he'll pop up with a bunch of tracking numbers :)

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #976 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 12:28:16 »

Not even a "hi I still look here" post.

Agreed, and I don't want to set myself up as Defender of the Perpetually Tardy (worst superhero ever).
However, it is human nature. If you fall behind on something, you try to avoid those you report to until you catch up and have something to report.
I'm thinking/hoping that is what's happening here, and in a few weeks he'll pop up with a bunch of tracking numbers :)

Although that's not a good practice, I really hope that's the case here.
*Trying to be optimistic*

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #977 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 12:42:08 »

Read the last 10 pages of https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.0
I ordered and paid for 2 PCBs two years ago and have received nothing. 
I am among a good number of people who have received nothing.

Oh, I see. I had ordered some springs from him about a month or so ago and he was pretty cheery in his messages. Answered all my questions and then some.
I was actually pretty pleased and thinking about ordering some more in the coming weeks. Hopefully they'll come when I order.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #978 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:06:35 »
I think both kin and SPRiT have made some bad business choices, I don't think any of them is a scammer, SPRiT is a good friend and kin delivered the PCB to the user who bought my order really fast. I think both of them took more than they could handle and now just try to deliver or find a way to cover the losses. In the end they will deliver the stuff people ordered, but how long that will take I just can't say :( .
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #979 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:33:01 »
It's never easy to run a groupbuy like this. Especially when you are on a tight profit margin. I personally is going through it now. Kin is a good guy, I am sure he will deliver the stuff people ordered.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #980 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 18:54:23 »
It's never easy to run a groupbuy like this. Especially when you are on a tight profit margin. I personally is going through it now. Kin is a good guy, I am sure he will deliver the stuff people ordered.

Shall hold you to your words here, you can count on that.

It would of cost him nothing to simply drop by and post something, anything at all, just to let everyone know that he isn't operating exactly like DrugER, yet he has kicked the exact same goals as him.  Even after promising all of us here, that he will be very different to how DrugER ran his Group Buys  >:( .

Who will know what his next step will be, we all are just waiting to see.............

Offline filphil

« Reply #981 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 07:37:36 »
I asked one of the kbdlab members if he could somehow get in contact with KIN25.  According to him kin said he will start shipping next week.  Take that with a grain of salt though since, right now, that seems like a far stretch from being unwilling to post messages here and all the way to shipping.  Not to mention the people who haven't fully paid yet.  I can forward my email conversation to a trusted member if anyone feels I'm talking out of my ass. 

The shipping/group buy for KOREA is finished though if that's any indication of status.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #982 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 07:55:01 »
I asked one of the kbdlab members if he could somehow get in contact with KIN25.  According to him kin said he will start shipping next week.  Take that with a grain of salt though since, right now, that seems like a far stretch from being unwilling to post messages here and all the way to shipping.  Not to mention the people who haven't fully paid yet.  I can forward my email conversation to a trusted member if anyone feels I'm talking out of my ass. 

The shipping/group buy for KOREA is finished though if that's any indication of status.
I need to thank you for the effort.
Also, our local enthusiast told me not to worry.

Hopefully there's something next week. *fingers crossed*

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #983 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 18:01:58 »
Not to mention the people who haven't fully paid yet.

Are there people that have paid fully?  I thought we were all waiting for it to complete before sending money?  I haven't received a request from kin either way...

Also, I need to change my address but was waiting to do that until he requests payment...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #984 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 18:10:10 »
From what I'm aware, almost everyone is still waiting on an invoice.

I've tried to contact him for an invoice a while back, numerous times, and still have yet to hear back. Not too hopeful anymore. :(

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline filphil

« Reply #985 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 18:12:31 »
Not to mention the people who haven't fully paid yet.

Are there people that have paid fully?  I thought we were all waiting for it to complete before sending money?  I haven't received a request from kin either way...

Also, I need to change my address but was waiting to do that until he requests payment...

Yeah I'm not sure.  I'm not one of the people who participated in the group buy so you all would know better than me.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #986 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 01:05:33 »
I'm still waiting for the next invoice.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #987 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 02:14:27 »
Me too ...

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #988 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 07:25:00 »
seems like we're not alone on waiting for the another invoice though :v
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #989 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:46:48 »
Can any Korean friends give us an update?

This bump is sponsored by broken dreams and tears  :'(

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 16:15:33 »
at least Kin logged in the other day, guess he hasn't completely forgotten about us.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #991 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:30:30 »
at least Kin logged in the other day, guess he hasn't completely forgotten about us.

Logged but never posted here......  >:( >:D >:( >:D

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #992 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 14:49:40 »
Can any Korean friends give us an update?

This bump is sponsored by broken dreams and tears  :'(

I loled pretty hard. i feel yah.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #993 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 17:31:22 »
This thread is honestly the biggest letdown of the year in my opinion.

Kin was doing so great with updates and photos and contacting people until recently.

No lie I've honestly had 2 dreams with this board. Call me crazy, but I really wanted one of these. So sad.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #994 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 17:56:10 »

Kin was doing so great with updates and photos and contacting people until recently.

No lie I've honestly had 2 dreams with this board. Call me crazy, but I really wanted one of these. So sad.
It hasn't been over a year has it? I'm not sure you could even be disappointed yet by keyboard group buy standards on geekhack.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #995 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:27:09 »

It hasn't been over a year has it? I'm not sure you could even be disappointed yet by keyboard group buy standards on geekhack.

I'd have the same opinion if we didn't have photos of completed boards and other members that have received theirs. It looks like he's done and all he needs to do is finish invoicing and just ship them out.

I have the patience for most GBs if there is a solid reason, but the fact that he just vanished (which is not like him) and actively communicates on the Korean boards makes it very hard to sympathize. Many people here paid for something that is obviously completed. They just want their boards.

If there is an underlying reason it's not too hard to at least write one sentence saying what's going on.

Should most people not feel angry or frustrated at seeing a completed product they paid for and get the could shoulder, while the locals get to have their spoils? :confused:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #996 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:32:22 »

I'd have the same opinion if we didn't have photos of completed boards and other members that have received theirs. It looks like he's done and all he needs to do is finish invoicing and just ship them out.

I have the patience for most GBs if there is a solid reason, but the fact that he just vanished (which is not like him) and actively communicates on the Korean boards makes it very hard to sympathize. Many people here paid for something that is obviously completed. They just want their boards.

If there is an underlying reason it's not too hard to at least write one sentence saying what's going on.

Should most people not feel angry or frustrated at seeing a completed product they paid for and get the could shoulder, while the locals get to have their spoils? :confused:
Oh you have every right to be upset I'm just saying people disappearing, orders not being fulfilled, no updates that's par for the course around here, just most of us are in other buys where we've been waiting years for our stuff.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #997 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:27:11 »
Oh you have every right to be upset I'm just saying people disappearing, orders not being fulfilled, no updates that's par for the course around here, just most of us are in other buys where we've been waiting years for our stuff.

Not arguing about the length of time BUT it's the complete QUIET by this organizer, even after PROMISING he will not do what DrugER had done.

BunnyLake had sorted out a few late key-set deliveries to my place and it took over a year but guess what, he always kept in constant contact, letting me know what has been happening.  That is why certain people you can totally trust but others, have a lot to be desired in the area of ever gaining and deserving any trust whatsoever.

Now (in this moment in time) BunnyLake and CTRL/ALT is totally squared with me because everything I had paid for has all been delivered thus far.  Without doubt he and his crew stand head and shoulders above everyone else when it comes down to simple TRUST and HONESTY.

CTRL/ALT live by those words and they deliver upon it, whilst others make empty words then fail completely to ever live up to them.  Better yet, they simply disappear hoping no one will hold them accountable and forget about this whole Group Buy, thinking that time will heal all wounds.

What really hurts the MOST here, is that in the beginning I actually stood up for this character,  Kin25 - saying he'll deliver on this, ....... boy was I wrong  :blank: .
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:34:44 by Elrick »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #998 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:41:56 »
There's always hope and I'll be glad to see you all get your stuff. This just seems to happen way too often.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #999 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 02:55:30 »
At least in this case sometimes we will get a gorgeous case, and accessories, which will be or could be a one time chance to get it.

But what I do not understand is the payment, it is great to pay the small amount in the beginning, which all paid. So the production had been started - of all cases, plates and PCBs. Let's say there are 50 orders, all of them paid $100 in advance, $5000 in total, so the remaining $200 parts are in total $10000. This huge amount was paid already? I could imagine sometimes someone will need that money - if it was not paid for the production already. Of course it could be great liquidity too :)
... ...