Author Topic: [GB] (CLOSED) TX1800 [Finished]  (Read 435671 times)

Offline duzeyao

Re: [GB] TX1800 (Housing, PCB, Parts, Keycaps) [Shipping]
« Reply #1050 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 00:08:02 »
Been browsing kbdlab quite a bit lately, Kin is around and posting what seems to be his next project.. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&document_srl=3298035

:-X

Someone mind leaving a note on there mentioning how he deserted this GB?

Or is it too late?

He has already reached DrugER status in my books, so forget about ever seeing anything from that clown again. 

Definitely don't trust South Koreans at all here on Geekhack, they have a long history of subterfuge and deceit and make any Taobao Chinese dealer look extremely honest and forthright  >:D .

Sounds ironic as a honest and forthright Chinese lol  :p :p
JK
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1051 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 19:05:47 »
Guys, I have communicated with his wife for a little bit.
I was informed that Ki is extremely busy with his examination preparation, if you do not know, Ki teaches middle school kids in current time.
The examination last until last week of this month.

So please bear with him a little more  :)

Been browsing kbdlab quite a bit lately, Kin is around and posting what seems to be his next project.. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&document_srl=3298035

Or is it too late?

Maybe YongJK can contact him again?

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1052 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 14:41:55 »
I was informed that Ki is extremely busy with his examination preparation, if you do not know, Ki teaches middle school kids in current time.

Or is it too late?

This is worse than stepping on Lego in the dark.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1053 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 18:27:30 »

Or is it too late?

This is worse than stepping on Lego in the dark.

Or being pegged by a spiky, 32 inch cactus.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1054 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:23:45 »
Damn. Seeing all the others with their custom aluminum keyboards in various other threads, of group buys started even later, I truly joined the wrong one. Also why is there [Shipping] in the thread title? WHAT IS SHIPPING? TEARS?

... ...

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1055 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:29:19 »
This is very sad to see, even more because the guy is active on kbdlab :/

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #1056 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 08:06:47 »
Very sad indeed. Kin is also active on Youtube, publishing videos about the TX87.
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1057 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 08:42:12 »
Kin could easily save his reputation here with a quick apology and an update...

Even if, worst case, he feels like he can no longer fulfil the orders; there is no reason for this silence.

There is no more room for excuses. Time to be a decent human being and give us some answers about the money that was taken.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1058 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 12:28:58 »
If he is going trough with the tx87 keyboard and i think he also is making prototypes for other boards, so definitely not out of money or something like that. I am not in the buy, but it really is sad what the guy is doing :(

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&search_target=nick_name&search_keyword=KI-N25&document_srl=3279223

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 17:35:14 »
There is no more room for excuses. Time to be a decent human being and give us some answers about the money that was taken.

EXACTLY he has finally proven himself for what he is, a dirty individual residing firmly within the sphere of 'scumbags' like DrugER, despite him promising earlier on that he was nothing like him and here we are today  >:D .

Again people like him don't deserve any type of sympathy because he has exhausted every excuse and even he can't be bothered to lay anymore lies and bullsh1t here on Geekhack.  Simply moved to another forum space to carry on with his craft of deception.

Although if I was a Korean living there, I would personally hunt down this person if he ever tries to deliver the same treatment as he has done to all of us here on GH.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 19:14:50 »
It sucks to see everyone not get their orders  :( he's uploaded 6 videos on his youtube this month, but I don't think he's going to reply to any comments.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:53:57 »
Also why is there [Shipping] in the thread title? WHAT IS SHIPPING? TEARS?

YES he has changed the heading so that anyone not familiar with this evil clown's behaviour here on GH, would presume he has actually shipped everyone's paid for orders - YET NOTHING HAS BEEN SHIPPED which is the truth.

Most newbs who visit this place have no idea who this clown is other than someone who had lied to all of us on a continuing basis and might even fool the Koreans into thinking he has delivered on all the orders here on GH, which he clearly hasn't.

Never underestimate TRUE Evil it simply cowers away into the darkness, then it carefully sets up another web of lies and deceit elsewhere, just like a real Rock Spider.  Damn I wish I could be the giant size boot to finish him off personally.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1062 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:39:01 »
Also why is there [Shipping] in the thread title? WHAT IS SHIPPING? TEARS?

YES he has changed the heading so that anyone not familiar with this evil clown's behaviour here on GH, would presume he has actually shipped everyone's paid for orders - YET NOTHING HAS BEEN SHIPPED which is the truth.

Most newbs who visit this place have no idea who this clown is other than someone who had lied to all of us on a continuing basis and might even fool the Koreans into thinking he has delivered on all the orders here on GH, which he clearly hasn't.

Never underestimate TRUE Evil it simply cowers away into the darkness, then it carefully sets up another web of lies and deceit elsewhere, just like a real Rock Spider.  Damn I wish I could be the giant size boot to finish him off personally.

Cant a mod change the end to ****After 10 months nothing has been delivered****

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1063 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:10:36 »

If any Mod actually bothers to drop by and read this thread at the very Front Page you have him posting all the FINISHED 1800 keyboards perfectly so according to the guidelines here on this Forum Site he has actually finished this Group Buy.

He doesn't have to produce the goods just post fake pictures on the front side to fool everyone he has lived up to his own lies of making something for all the customers within this section.

Unfortunately we did not receive anything from him especially no contact either by PM or Email.  He only stole our deposits and that was his full intent thus far, no contact here on Gekhack and no money refunded by him after all this time, so the Mods don't care if that happens.

Just chalk it down to another shady rip-off delivered stone cold, here on Geekhack Central  ;D .

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1064 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 00:06:23 »

If any Mod actually bothers to drop by and read this thread at the very Front Page you have him posting all the FINISHED 1800 keyboards perfectly so according to the guidelines here on this Forum Site he has actually finished this Group Buy.

He doesn't have to produce the goods just post fake pictures on the front side to fool everyone he has lived up to his own lies of making something for all the customers within this section.

Unfortunately we did not receive anything from him especially no contact either by PM or Email.  He only stole our deposits and that was his full intent thus far, no contact here on Gekhack and no money refunded by him after all this time, so the Mods don't care if that happens.

Just chalk it down to another shady rip-off delivered stone cold, here on Geekhack Central  ;D .

Well said

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 17:06:29 »

If any Mod actually bothers to drop by and read this thread

Well there are at least two mods involved in this buy, so don't worry about us not reading it.  :(

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 17:13:06 »

Well there are at least two mods involved in this buy, so don't worry about us not reading it.  :(

The legend himself  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1067 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 04:44:15 »

Hoffman you should with your fellow Mod, travel over to Seoul and track down this shyster and give him a vicious wedgie off a sky scrapper.  Then to drive the point home for him, cut his jock strap and watch him fall twenty stories down to his end.

All RIP-OFF COCKROACHES deserve this type of ending here on Geekhack, always put it in high gear when vengeance is justified  >:D .

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [GB] TX1800 (Housing, PCB, Parts, Keycaps) [Shipping(?) - Nothing yet!]
« Reply #1068 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 07:56:09 »
I tried to tell you guys this was all a bad idea but nobody listened.

All it ever takes is somebody with a flashy keyboard design and people throw money at it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 07:58:23 »

All it ever takes is somebody with a flashy keyboard design and people throw money at it.

So, never buy anything ever?  Of all the group buys I've seen, this was one of the better put-together and promising buys.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:03:27 »

So, never buy anything ever?  Of all the group buys I've seen, this was one of the better put-together and promising buys.
Well when it's a new guy and it sounds too good to be true maybe exercise some restraint.

But hey I'm just in a cynical mood and want everybody's life to suck as much as mine right now.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:03:51 »

I agree. There were constant updates which included photos and much discussion. Plenty of other GBs have a lot less transparency. There was plenty of reason for people to believe this was going to happen.

This had a good trajectory, and then for some reason it just vanished. :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 18:01:06 »
Well when it's a new guy and it sounds too good to be true maybe exercise some restraint.

But hey I'm just in a cynical mood and want everybody's life to suck as much as mine right now.

EXACTLY, this was a new one that just dropped into GH central and because WE were mesmerized with the 1800 layout, he took advantage upon us.

What's worse is that he posted all those pics here on this site showing us all what the TX1800 shall look like and like a true Pedo he lured us into his filthy, slimy, make-believe Group Buy.  Before we knew anything had happened we all got molested out of our money and never heard from him again.

This was one of the nastiest Group Buys held here on Geekhack because he drew us in with his so-called "honesty" and "decency" yet it was all a despicable ruse, operating exactly like a true Pedophile   >:D .
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2016, 18:02:49 by Elrick »

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1073 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 08:48:36 »
It doesn't all add up though.

Why bother posting updates, etc, well after he had the money?  And why not ask for more money upfront rather than a relatively low deposit?

What I don't quite understand is no one from the KBD community either knows what is going on here or cares..and I find that really hard to understand as well.  We have some Korean members here, has anyone actually try posting on there?  They seem to have received their goods...

It is just a really unusual way to rip people off...Certainly a smarter/better way would've been to get people's money (more of it) and stop making an effort to fake people out by posting additional information, pictures, etc...It makes you think something else is going on...not that it excuses him or anything but it is just odd..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1074 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 09:05:49 »
It doesn't all add up though.

Why bother posting updates, etc, well after he had the money?  And why not ask for more money upfront rather than a relatively low deposit?

What I don't quite understand is no one from the KBD community either knows what is going on here or cares..and I find that really hard to understand as well.  We have some Korean members here, has anyone actually try posting on there?  They seem to have received their goods...

It is just a really unusual way to rip people off...Certainly a smarter/better way would've been to get people's money (more of it) and stop making an effort to fake people out by posting additional information, pictures, etc...It makes you think something else is going on...not that it excuses him or anything but it is just odd..

Yeah.  If you're trying to scam people, you usually don't produce the items you were baiting with.  Unless it's a big conspiracy where we were funding all the "defective" (actually perfectly fine) units that some people ended up getting...  @.@

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1075 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 09:32:45 »
TLDR

So nothing from this group buy ever shipped? Was this GB run in other forms our just ours?

Offline joey

« Reply #1076 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 09:37:25 »
TLDR

So nothing from this group buy ever shipped? Was this GB run in other forms our just ours?
It was run on kbdlab, and it seems orders were fulfilled over there.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 09:38:07 »
TLDR

I was under the impression the GH GB was added onto an existing Korean community buy.

Edit: what joey said :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1078 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:20:11 »
My theory:

• He aimed for perfection
  • Had the cases re-made too many times
  • Burned through peoples deposits without getting enough stock
  • Scraped enough together to finish the kbdlad GB - who knows what happened to the promised 'slight seconds'
  • When it came to spending his own money to pay for his own mistakes... start making excuses
  • Bury head in the sand and pretend he didn't rip off numerous people from GH
  • Ask his friends (leeku etc.) to never comment on him (TX1800 was brought up in the Compact SQ GB and it was quickly silenced)
  • Never going to post to GH again
  • Live life with no honour or dignity, but still continue to make new boards for Koreans only

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1079 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:25:47 »
My theory:

• Scraped enough together to finish the kbdlad GB - who knows what happened to the promised 'slight seconds'
  • When it came to spending his own money to pay for his own mistakes... start making excuses
  • Ask his friends (leeku etc.) to never comment on him (TX1800 was brought up in the Compact SQ GB and it was quickly silenced)
  • Live life with no honour or dignity, but still continue to make new boards for Koreans only

Sounds about right.

It's never too late to make it right though, and I wish he would do so.  :|

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1080 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:27:48 »
My theory:

Sounds about right.

Yes. I agree. At this point I would take an apology and be happy to close this book forever.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1081 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:34:43 »
My theory:

Sounds about right.

The most he can do is make an apology and ship the faulty boards.
Burning your own funds and losing money from running a group buy just wouldn't be right either.
The blame really goes towards the awful factory that couldn't promise acceptable quality.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 10:37:57 »
My theory:

Sounds about right.

The most he can do is make an apology and ship the faulty boards.
Burning your own funds and losing money from running a group buy just wouldn't be right either.
The blame really goes towards the awful factory that couldn't promise acceptable quality.

Or he could communicate effectively, retain/regain our trust, and maybe we could all work together to come to a satisfying outcome for the buyers.

You're right, he shouldn't eat these costs either.  But no attempt to communicate and make things right is not good.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 14:49:17 »
Knew I would be "poking a bear" asking the question, but thank you everyone for the quick and detailed response.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1084 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:29:28 »
This is what I know, don't shoot the messenger.

Kin is still planning on sending out the boards to geekhack members. He currently has a house full of TX1800s but they have minor defects, from what I here they're basically no big deal. I myself was trying to get my hands on one and was told that I would have one saved for me if there are any extras after finishing the geekhack orders. That is all I know, I'd prefer not to give info on whom I was talking to so they don't get bombarded with questions.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1085 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:36:22 »
It's nice to hear something, even if it's through the grapevine :)

Thanks for the info.  It's nice to know the dream could still be alive  :thumb:

Offline joey

« Reply #1086 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:38:17 »

Kin is still planning on sending out the boards to geekhack members. He currently has a house full of TX1800s but they have minor defects, from what I here they're basically no big deal. I myself was trying to get my hands on one and was told that I would have one saved for me if there are any extras after finishing the geekhack orders. That is all I know, I'd prefer not to give info on whom I was talking to so they don't get bombarded with questions.
I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1087 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:47:25 »

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hey, you're talking to a guy who still has a lingering hope that his 2+ year old Sprit order will be fulfilled.
This one isn't even a year old.  It's just a little baby buy still  ;D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1088 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:03:25 »

No offense, but why all the mystery?  Maybe that's not on you, since you're just the middle man and all that (which, thanks for passing the info along :thumb: ), but still.  After so many months, Kin needs to come back and make such a post himself.

Don't get me wrong, any sign of life is a positive at this point, but I think we deserve much better, all things considered.

Offline joey

« Reply #1089 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:07:05 »
You might have a reliable source, Steezus, but it still comes down to kin's word... which might not be reliable at this point.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1090 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:11:43 »

No offense, but why all the mystery?  Maybe that's not on you, since you're just the middle man and all that (which, thanks for passing the info along :thumb: ), but still.  After so many months, Kin needs to come back and make such a post himself.

Don't get me wrong, any sign of life is a positive at this point, but I think we deserve much better, all things considered.

I completely agree, I have no clue why he is silent at all. I was just in discussion with somebody who has direct contact with Kin. I know before that if you were able to get in direct contact with Kin you could possibly try and get your hands on a TX1800, I tried myself but he no longer is doing that until he completes the geekhack orders.

I know this is very vague but it's just a very small snippet of a conversation. It doesn't prove much, but I figured at least something is better than complete silence.

You might have a reliable source, Steezus, but it still comes down to kin's word... which might not be reliable at this point.

Oh yeah I completely understand, we'll see what comes out of this but all I'm trying to say is don't give up now. There is still some hope.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1091 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:18:13 »

But seriously, I've given up all hope of ever seeing this board.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:19:52 by exitfire401 »
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1092 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:19:12 »
Show Image

Then it'll be a bonus if it actually ends up arriving. ;)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1093 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:06:10 »
Show Image

Sick part is... we'd have to send him more money first before we get the boards, as Kin has only taken our deposits so far.

Who is willing to risk that? Not a change in hell I am until the matter is fully explained in this thread by the man himself.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1094 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 17:59:27 »
Show Image

Sick part is... we'd have to send him more money first before we get the boards, as Kin has only taken our deposits so far.

Who is willing to risk that? Not a change in hell I am until the matter is fully explained in this thread by the man himself.

That is so right.  He has now LOST all credibility here on GH hence asking for more money to be handed over shall be a tall order.

Nevertheless I shall hand over the remaining amount of money on this order, so that I may "possibly" get my TX1800 keyboard with PBT key-caps.  Although Kin25 has to know that I shall be applying the mandatory 180 day limit on this extra payment, so if I do not get anything from him within 180 days of payment then the full claim for it shall be launched.

If Kin25 wants to settle this order finally then forget about any more piss poor excuses and lies, you shall stand up and deliver on your promises or else risk Paypal hunting you down till death.  Your move sunshine..........

See I am a forgiving type of individual here and am only interested in getting my TX1800 as specked out.

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #1095 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:54:05 »
Thanks for passing info along Steezus. While the thought of receiving a TX1800 is exciting, I will have a hard time justifying sending him 300+ more dollars after he straight up disappeared.

I guess we will just have to continue playing the waiting game.
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1096 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:58:10 »
Thanks for passing info along Steezus. While the thought of receiving a TX1800 is exciting, I will have a hard time justifying sending him 300+ more dollars after he straight up disappeared.

I guess we will just have to continue playing the waiting game.

I completely understand, by know means am I trying to say to trust, I'm just passing along info. ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 20:24:17 »

Trust me, Paypal protects the buyer far more than it saves any dodgy Seller - anywhere on Planet Earth  8) .

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1098 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 20:36:02 »
At this point, I have no more desire in this keyboard anymore.
I hope kin25 will get back to us before he proceeds.
I don't want the assembly service and the extras. Might even pass the whole order to someone else.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1099 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 10:18:43 »
At this point, I have no more desire in this keyboard anymore.
I hope kin25 will get back to us before he proceeds.
I don't want the assembly service and the extras. Might even pass the whole order to someone else.

I'd be interested in your order once you receive the goods.