Author Topic: Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome  (Read 990989 times)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
Re: Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome
« Reply #450 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 05:36:45 »
After looking on my news feed on facebook and seeing this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=353453681410137&set=a.210508402371333.53938.135595436529297&type=1&theater

and considering my lame sense of humour; i thought it would be cool if a spacebar would have the text written "Where astronauts hang out"
Already made one :P No one even noticed it I think. I got the impression that people wanted a smooth space bar.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #451 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 06:17:06 »
What about Pac-Man themed caps? I suggested this on Matt3o's thread with regards to Winkeys, and he produced a mock-up that included this layout: Pac-Man on the left Winkey, Pac-Dots going along the Space Bar, Ghost on the right Winkey.

Other possible layouts could be on the number row (with a single Pac-Dot/Ghost on each key) or the function row (with a Pac-Man Esc key).

Come to think of it, why has no-one made a Pac-Man Esc key? I think it would look awesome as a doubleshot yellow on black or yellow on dark blue.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 September 2012, 06:27:32 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #452 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 06:18:06 »
And the ghosts in blue, pink and teal, or whatever colours they were, I forgot.

Edit: Apparently red, pink, cyan and orange.

Offline scytheR

« Reply #453 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 07:02:06 »
After looking on my news feed on facebook and seeing this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=353453681410137&set=a.210508402371333.53938.135595436529297&type=1&theater

and considering my lame sense of humour; i thought it would be cool if a spacebar would have the text written "Where astronauts hang out"
Already made one :P No one even noticed it I think. I got the impression that people wanted a smooth space bar.

OMG PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! I'm totally into the idea!
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #454 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 07:11:02 »
Here is a post where i presented the CAD files for it.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=32448.msg614635#msg614635

I am also fairly close to ordering one in plastic from WASDkeyboards. I don't think SP can make double shot spacebars, and I have never seen a dyesubbed one either so WASDkeyboards might be the only option to make one in plastic.

Offline scytheR

« Reply #455 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 07:18:55 »
Here is a post where i presented the CAD files for it.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=32448.msg614635#msg614635

I am also fairly close to ordering one in plastic from WASDkeyboards. I don't think SP can make double shot spacebars, and I have never seen a dyesubbed one either so WASDkeyboards might be the only option to make one in plastic.
Ah well let me know if you get it up and running.. But if i do end up buying one, ill buy it it for topre.. i read briefly on your post that theres some difficulty getting it done for topre? Sorry i'm still a newbie here i don't really know much.. including what (SP) is, (don't lynch me!)

but yeah, plastic would be fine, i don't think my wallet can probably handle a titanium space bar.... (i'm a student with a part time job)
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #456 on: Sun, 16 September 2012, 07:27:51 »
SP is Signature Plastics, the company that does key caps for most of the group buys.

Offline Kaysa

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 17 September 2012, 04:24:16 »

Anyone remember know this?

difficult to make a light color on black key....
and almost impossible to make as detail...

Currently Using:
HHKB Pro2 Black with Pink blank keycaps
Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary 2nd Batch "Silent" Varied Weight force.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #458 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:21:32 »

Anyone remember know this?

difficult to make a light color on black key....
and almost impossible to make as detail...

Clearly, it's an ouroboros. I'd get one, 'cause I'm into ancient Greece/Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orobouros

Hmm, the URL of your image is from "fourth horseman press" or something. Did someone take this and appropriate it into something modern/popular? People are always doing that, and it keeps getting me into trouble. (When people are talking about "Gray's Anatomy", they are probably not talking about the famous medical textbook of the 1860's.)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 18 September 2012, 03:30:25 »
I would like a Quake keycap set and an League of Legends keycap set.

I ran a GB for a LoL set. Included keys for QWER and DF and icons on VGB.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #460 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 14:20:46 »
I think...

Dark-Charcoal "almost black, but still clearly grey" backlit top-etched, with black side-print.

With either a color-matched grey case/frame, or black, or white.

Most of the "dark grey" caps i see are just not dark enough.

I also thought about how the camo filco totally needs camo keys. Or like... an arctic camo version. Or, would probably look pretty sweet w/ "ninja" keys. Or like... back-lit "ninja" caps... where the side-etched legends would be the only part of the key illuminated.

Idk. It's an "ideas" thread, so there's some free ideas from me. :)
Logitech G710+

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #461 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 14:23:49 »
There was an IC for caps to go on the camo board but that died when the event happened.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #462 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 14:26:48 »
'WOPR' key

get it?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome
« Reply #463 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 14:47:18 »
My dream key cap set would be a full pro tools set of caps for audio editing. Like in the attached photo but mechanical. Although I don't think there will ever be enough pro tools users on here to generate enough interest on a big set like this.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 September 2012, 14:54:45 by YoungMichael88 »
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #464 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 15:43:39 »
I don't know if anyone would think these were a cool idea ^^ But I had a thought about it and decided to draw them up as concept keys. They're meant to be used with an LED (hence the glow)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #465 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 15:58:58 »
Moonprismpwr,
QWER may be able to make those, or NIQMODS if they accept custom orders. (Not sure) They look like a cool idea though!

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #466 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 16:04:15 »
Moonprismpwr,
QWER may be able to make those, or NIQMODS if they accept custom orders. (Not sure) They look like a cool idea though!

Thanks! I was talking about these with Glissant after he saw the post, and we were discussing if they were plausible or not ^^ I think the only issue would be incorporating the glitter, as he has said that perhaps the plastic needed may be too thick. But I suggested perhaps brushing on a holographic glitter dust to bypass this. It would be really cool to have something custom done in the future if enough people liked it ^^

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #467 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 16:14:48 »
NIQMODS does glitterly paint,
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #468 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 16:33:50 »
If we ever decide to do something with this and refine it, I will def check them out ^^ Thank you for the tip

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #469 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 17:26:56 »
If we ever decide to do something with this and refine it, I will def check them out ^^ Thank you for the tip

You should definitely look into an interest check on that set.  It would sell gud.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #470 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 17:31:13 »
Something else to consider is that the LEDs are usually either near the top of the key or the bottom of the key, not in the middle.

This is why, on my Ducky Shine, the number keys have the number printed on the top of the key, and the symbols on the bottom, as the LEDs are positioned near the top.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #471 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 18:51:24 »
tj- I'd really love to further develop it ^^ It will have to wait some time though because I am sure getting keycaps made doesn't come cheap. But certainly in the future I'd definitely like to do this!

rowdy- Do you have any idea how I could change the design so it could possibly make the image glow? I had seen someone post an iron man metallic keycap around here somewhere (which was pretty awesome!) and I remember the way it was done the LED shone through the eyes. I'd like to somehow make it possible for the light to be concentrated on that one spot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #472 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:19:21 »
rowdy- Do you have any idea how I could change the design so it could possibly make the image glow? I had seen someone post an iron man metallic keycap around here somewhere (which was pretty awesome!) and I remember the way it was done the LED shone through the eyes. I'd like to somehow make it possible for the light to be concentrated on that one spot.

Not really, no, sorry :(

The designes are great, and I am all for new custom backlit key caps (there are so few out there), but a design that relies on the LED being in the centre of the cey cap might not work out as planned.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:24:26 »
You should do the MLP cutie marks, that would be pretty cool :D

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:52:10 »

Thats a good idea! I see A LOT of mlp on tumblr so it'd be really cool to see a set of those :D I know a lot more girls would probably get into it because they'd want some cute keycaps like that

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:52:56 »

Thats a good idea! I see A LOT of mlp on tumblr so it'd be really cool to see a set of those :D I know a lot more girls would probably get into it because they'd want some cute keycaps like that

DO IT!!!!!!!

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:53:37 »
how about a 20key GH set :)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #477 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 22:53:16 »
Something else to consider is that the LEDs are usually either near the top of the key or the bottom of the key, not in the middle.

This is why, on my Ducky Shine, the number keys have the number printed on the top of the key, and the symbols on the bottom, as the LEDs are positioned near the top.
You can sort-of get around this by having a "frosted" look plastic, to internally diffuse the light throughout. Examples are the Steelseries WOW mouse I'm fixing for a co-worker, the SP GiTD keycaps, and the Deck keycaps. It might not be perfectly even, but you should be able to light upthe middle enough with this.

I don't have one, but there have been some keycaps that have "eyes" that light up, examples are the ironman by girldc keycap, and those Titanium (?) skull keycaps that feng brought to us. I believe the ironman ones just have a hole that goes up internally under the eyes. Even filling said hole with plastic or another clear substance would still work well (Perhaps even better, if you can get some total internal reflaction going on.

I think Moonprismpwr's ideas are workable with what we have available now, tohugh they won't be easy to make. I was sort of thinking a "natural PBT" as the colour of the base, and then have it 3-D dyesubb'd (look up imsto's 3D dyesub topics) with the necessary colours. Another option is to get some clear POM and try that. Hmm.

Normally, you can't really get the clear ones working right, together. I suppose with a ton of effort, we could get same DIY moulds and try PC or something. I'm not even sure if that would work. I'll have to think about it.

They look awesome, and I'd buy a set, even if it were expensive. Those are perfect to put on LED keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #478 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 23:06:12 »
Yeees ... but MX keys, for example, have the stem right under the centre of the key, so any light from the LED would be much weaker in the centre, which would reduce the effectiveness of the glow on the star and sun keys in particular.

The moon would probably be the best of the three, as it kinda wraps around the centre of the key where the top of the stem would be.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #479 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 23:45:33 »
Yeees ... but MX keys, for example, have the stem right under the centre of the key, so any light from the LED would be much weaker in the centre, which would reduce the effectiveness of the glow on the star and sun keys in particular.

The moon would probably be the best of the three, as it kinda wraps around the centre of the key where the top of the stem would be.
I have two sets of Deck keycaps, one with larger print, and one smaller. The larger one has the legends go over the stem area port of the time. It's visibly dimmer, but still clearly visible. Since the "sun" is larger than the stem area, it'd just be a little dimmer in the very middle. I think it'd look great.

If one were putting a lot of effort into making these keycaps, you could make it less translucent in the areas around the stem, and directly above the LED, therefore making in evenly lit.

Ideally, you'd have higher powered LED's and only have a few keys be lit, that way you can up the opacity more, and get a really even lighting from it. You could have GiTD coating inside (for better lighting angles and diffusion with a reflective bottom so less light escapes out out bottom of the keycap. The keycaps itself would be either "natural" POM (Preferable) or PBT or some other plastic that is translucent. (though come to think of it, if you paint the outside, a very clear PC might be the best: Do all the diffusion with an undercoat, etc.)

There are several ways of attacking the problem, ranging from "pretty commercially (or DIY) viable" to "ludicrously difficult and expensive". Nevertheless, it can be solved.

I mean, you could even use an active material, that changes it's opacity, with a small circuit under the keycap powered by the light of a tritium capsule under it.

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 03:02:28 »
ooh, i got one:

the "any" key.
Logitech G710+

Offline Findecanor

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #482 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 05:13:01 »
I don't think it's been suggested yet but what about an Aperture Science keycap?

Maybe using this image here?:

Dave.

EDIT: image was too large had to try and find a smaller one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 September 2012, 05:20:17 by Dabboo »
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.
PM me if you've got any you'd like to send to Australia, I'm happy to buy!

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 09:34:28 »
They did it as a Dyesub PBT, blue on white in this GB
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=21723.msg411292#msg411292

It came back in round2, but I don't know if they changed anything.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28615.msg545536#msg545536

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 09:39:16 »
They did it as a Dyesub PBT, blue on white in this GB
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=21723.msg411292#msg411292

It came back in round2, but I don't know if they changed anything.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28615.msg545536#msg545536

Oh bummer, I'm new here so I thought it would've been odd if there'd been none at all.

Thanks for that! I'll have to keep an eye out for some as I really want one.

Dave.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 10:37:04 »
Moonprismpwr,

Thanks! I was talking about these with Glissant after he saw the post, and we were discussing if they were plausible or not ^^ I think the only issue would be incorporating the glitter, as he has said that perhaps the plastic needed may be too thick. But I suggested perhaps brushing on a holographic glitter dust to bypass this. It would be really cool to have something custom done in the future if enough people liked it ^^

Have you ever tried painting caps with nail polish and clear coat? I did it with my cake keycaps and it works really well! You could do it with glittery nail polish.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #486 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 11:47:19 »
Moonprismpwr,

Have you ever tried painting caps with nail polish and clear coat? I did it with my cake keycaps and it works really well! You could do it with glittery nail polish.

Perhaps over some of those clear keys?

Offline sirtetris

• blog / personal website
« Reply #487 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:00:22 »
Highly doubt there are enough people who saw Mawaru Menguindrum to want this. Going to post it anyway. ^^

(svg — nothing official, vectorized it myself from a pixel graphic)

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #488 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 16:57:54 »
dorkvader- i am taking notes! a lot of great info ^^
alessandro- That might be a good idea ^^ It would def be fun to experiment with different kinds of glitter chunks
metalliqaz- Yea,  I was thinking to make them semi-transparent ish. So yea clear, but I guess tinted? ^^

You guys are all very helpful for everyone who is trying to develop an idea :D I definitely know who to ask for help if we ever get these into production

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #489 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 17:13:53 »
Also- I hope it's not considered spamming, but I've done another quick drawing. This was inspired by Beast's MLP suggestion and avatar, although it's not quite MLP. I'm thinking it could be a slightly raised design, maybe metallic?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #490 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 17:17:06 »
Looks super amazing. I'll order two and send one to demik because I know how he feels about ponies ^___^

If you do do this, I'd love a Pinkie Pie cutie mark if you would be willing to do so.

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 00:18:41 »
Also any chance of an 8-bit Toad keycap?

This image became fairly notorious because it looks like Toad is giving everyone the finger as seen here:

I'd like to have one of these personally.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 00:27:25 »
Also- I hope it's not considered spamming, but I've done another quick drawing. This was inspired by Beast's MLP suggestion and avatar, although it's not quite MLP. I'm thinking it could be a slightly raised design, maybe metallic?

Show Image

My daughter would absolutely love a key like this :)

Offline sirtetris

• blog / personal website
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 00:48:44 »

Offline BLJ Consulting

• * Vendor
  • Independent Plastics Consultant
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 12:50:10 »
any interest in double shot keys with metallic tinted lettering? various metallic shades in various lighting conditions shown here with a black/white "print screen"  as reference.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #495 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 01:07:30 »

Show Image

My daughter would absolutely love a key like this :)

should definitely have the horn pointing towards the user

least used keycap on the board

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #496 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 01:11:13 »
^ Better yet, make the horn pointy and sharp.  That way, you'll bleed everytime you use that key (I recommend F5).  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline ElTwig

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:43:43 »
Highly doubt there are enough people who saw Mawaru Menguindrum to want this. Going to post it anyway. ^^

Show Image

(svg — nothing official, vectorized it myself from a pixel graphic)

I like dis

Offline aeta

« Reply #498 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:42:50 »

(photo is stretched)

8 bit community

http://projecthawkthorne.com/index.html
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:46:26 by aeta »
Keycool 84, IBM Model M SSK, Noppoo Choc Pro
http://imgur.com/a/z2x2p#0

Offline Feign

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 12:50:41 »
Just a few ideas:

I have no idea if these have been suggested or made before. Tried my best to look for them.  :(