Author Topic: silly question about numpads and stabilizers  (Read 2293 times)

Offline simplycanada

silly question about numpads and stabilizers
« on: Sat, 31 December 2022, 08:06:57 »
do vertical-mounted 2u keys such as is the enter key and big plus key ever need stabilizers or they've always been left to the keyswitch alone themselves?

thanks (I also was wondering due to figuring out the number of stabilizers I actually needed to order for myself)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: silly question about numpads and stabilizers
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 31 December 2022, 08:32:12 »
I don't think that I have had a keyboard without them.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 December 2022, 08:53:03 »
2u always gets a stabiliser, if you use switches with very little wobble (box?) or the shiny patch on your 2u keycaps is right in the middle meaning you never press off centre you might get away with not using them.  Stabs are usually bought as a set as it's cheaper...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline simplycanada

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 December 2022, 10:11:48 »
I see what you mean suicidal_orange and hmm knowing i'm not always going hit the zero key straight in middle to start with I guess I do pretty much need to prep six 2u stabilizers in total

cheers to both orange and fohat nevertheless :-)