Author Topic: [Delete]  (Read 103147 times)

Offline tsakuyo

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 13:26:54 »
I'm in the process of updating the current novelties I expect them to be done by the end of this month/early May. (I also commissioned some enter novelties which should be ready Soon^TM)

So nice, I'm looking forward to seeing those :eek:.

Offline TheCaptain

• I come in 3 sizes: Large, Extralarge and Big Daddy
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 16:11:48 »
Love the color scheme! Any chance you could add an Iso IT (or other countries) subset?

Let’s call it an IT & ES kit and I’m in as well :)

That being said, an ES/LA/IT/PT kit would probably be the best combination to gather enough interest to be worth it. Hopefully?
That would be awesome! I mean, I'm willing to buy the FR kit if OP adds those few keycaps for IT layout and maybe make it a FRITES (nice name, though) kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 April 2021, 16:58:29 by TheCaptain »

Offline phedd

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 16:34:35 »
Love it

But what's with this new trend to not have sublegends on the numpad? :( They're missing on almost all new kits I otherwise like

Offline noorejji

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 17:22:10 »
Love it

But what's with this new trend to not have sublegends on the numpad? :( They're missing on almost all new kits I otherwise like
Get with the times old man :cool:

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 21:37:22 »
Love it

Number pads are supposed to have sub legends?? (got any examples of this?)

Offline ilumkeebs

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 03:45:16 »
the shift/cap icon are oriented differently from the base/mod kit and the renders ?

Offline keguira

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 04:05:36 »
Number pads are supposed to have sub legends?? (got any examples of this?)

Well "usually" there is a sublegend like this but i'm seeing it less nowadays (even if i'm not a reference) on "heavily" themed keyboards but just for "clean" design. You can find examples on varmilo website : some of their 100% and 110% have sub-legend (with or without arrow keys), some other have not.
In the end, it's not mandatory, just preference
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 05:03:01 by keguira »

Offline salgiza

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 16:42:38 »
Love the color scheme! Any chance you could add an Iso IT (or other countries) subset?

That being said, an ES/LA/IT/PT kit would probably be the best combination to gather enough interest to be worth it. Hopefully?
That would be awesome! I mean, I'm willing to buy the FR kit if OP adds those few keycaps for IT layout and maybe make it a FRITES (nice name, though) kit.

Lol, I don’t know if there will be enough demand for it but, with that name, Frites sure deserves to exist  :D
(Belgians will complain if a kit called Frites does not include keycaps for them, though!)

Offline SpeedTrey

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 04:52:59 »
Would you be interested in making a white modifiers kit or all alone making a Hiragana base kit cause I love the look of the kit but would just prefer a Hiragana kit.

At that point it will feel too much like KAT/KAM kitting. I think 14 kits is a good balance where most people can get what they want and the vendors don't hate me for having a ton of kits.

I think the look you are going for shouldn't be too expensive all things consider, plus the base kit + Hiragana kit is enough for 2 boards.
Homie I understand completely thank you so much for even making the kit looks ****ing god like. Oh, also I saw you had a US and CA vendor amazing... if it isn't too much to ask what would you estimate the price for the base kit to be rn?

Offline Hyde002

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 05:20:10 »
So when can we start voting on the dark mod kit legend color?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 15:21:22 »

Lol, I don’t know if there will be enough demand for it but, with that name, Frites sure deserves to exist  :D
(Belgians will complain if a kit called Frites does not include keycaps for them, though!)
Let’s make FRITES real
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 15:26:38 by TheCaptain »

Offline Dazon

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 19:12:50 »
how can I say no to a set based off one of the best animals. count me in!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline jjjboomerz

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 19:35:44 »
So stoked for this set, especially the Hiragana. Seriously considering this for my endgame. Really hope all goes well and great job man!! Will be purchasing from the Philippines so you may want to look into Zion Studios PH as a partner for distribution.

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 April 2021, 20:35:04 by jjjboomerz »

Offline cmonyak

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 19:52:58 »
This is absolutely beautiful!

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 02:14:04 »
I won't be picking this set up, but I love the VIM + HHKB kit; hoping to see more of that in kitting going forward.

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 02:44:08 »
kowalski. status report.
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:33:04 »
kowalski. status report.

• Kitting is finalized.
  • Novelties will be done soon.
  • The deskpad is almost done. The artist is putting the final touches on now.
  • The colors are just about finalized. (I'll be sending them to my bag and cable collab soon)
  • Board renders lighting has been fixed, but they will be posted when I get the novelties done.
  • I ended up going back on my word on the discord server (I got a couple of DMs on reddit asking for updates, so im thinking it will be better to stream line everything). Just making sure all of the server settings are correct before posting links to it. I still plan on having an email newsletter type of thing for those who prefer it

I expect to have all of these to be done by the next major update (May 1st).
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:36:26 by AlternisDim42 »

Offline ogp3

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor | Some New Kit Renders Added |
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:47:29 »
Looking great, can't wait to see final novelties and the deskmat reveal!  :p

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 16:57:28 »
Noice! Was looking for Rudy but since that is not coming anytime soon, I can make my own rudy from the kits
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline afynyth

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 20:57:39 »
Noice! Was looking for Rudy but since that is not coming anytime soon, I can make my own rudy from the kits

Pretty sure the colors are very far from rudy, especially the blue and yellowish color.

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 21:04:50 »
So any Iso layout other than FR and UK is not happening? :(

Offline noorejji

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 07:14:42 »
It has NorDe as well. No dedicated spaghetti sets if that's what you're after, they seem to be rarer.

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 08:28:34 »
No dedicated spaghetti sets
Crying in pasta, pizza and mandolino :’(

Offline Jay Penny Arcade

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 12:08:24 »
Love how good it looks on the arctic gmmk pro!! Thought about canceling that flex order but maybe I'll hold onto it and see if this GB happens

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Jayhen

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 12:12:13 »
Replied to the IC form! Love this look. I'd second that the hirigana set is a little strange for this, would love to see maybe like Nordic legends

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 19:03:38 »
So clean! The hiragana kit feels a bit out of place but the rest works perfectly. Hope to see a GB soon!

Offline GrahamCrackers

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 01:47:32 »
I love how the matte blue alphas look, very excited for this GB!

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 15:47:52 »
So clean! The hiragana kit feels a bit out of place but the rest works perfectly. Hope to see a GB soon!

Replied to the IC form! Love this look. I'd second that the hirigana set is a little strange for this, would love to see maybe like Nordic legends

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm am including it because it gives another option for alphas to buy with the base so you will have enough keys for two boards. Plus I like the look of them

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 15:51:29 »

It has NorDe as well. No dedicated spaghetti sets if that's what you're after, they seem to be rarer.

No dedicated spaghetti sets
Crying in pasta, pizza and mandolino :’(

I only got a couple of spaghetti kit request in the IC form, so I wont be including it in this set. Maybe in my next set if there is enough interest for it.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 16:46:32 »
Really nice colors and clean set, and thanks for choosing ePBT.
Cheaper price, especially for alternate Alphas and much lower wait time than GMK.

Personally I am a Hiragana fan, and would have even liked to see a light alphas kit with them haha.

Light alphas kit and dark mods kit are interesting, but curious what will pricing be on those since those are really big kits.
Maybe running a reversed base set with light alphas and dark mods could be more interesting depending on price?

Excited for the novelties revamp and hoping to see some Metal Artisans.

Offline Curious Yellow

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 07:06:46 »
Really like the themes and the set.

I’m considering getting base and light alphas so I could put together an all white set, but that means I’d have a bunch of numpad keys leftover and no numpad coverage. Seeing as base doesn’t have the 2U keys to complete the numpad set, does it make sense to take the numpad set out of light alphas? Else, the only way for someone to get a complete white numpad set means winding up with several unused keys.

It’s not a dealbreaker for me. I’ve got a couple of Murphpads that support 1u keys on the bottom RHS side.

However, removing those extraneous numpad keys from light alphas could help with price perhaps?

Also, I’m not sure why there are two R2 tabs in the dark mods kit.

Nice work again, and looking forward to the GB!

Offline devpm

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 03:45:54 »

Hahahahaha. I am belgian and I assure you I prefer to see Frites and have a ISO-FR kit than the other way around. And by the way thank you again for this French keycap set... Really appreciated.  :thumb:

Offline holer

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 03:33:29 »
kowalski. status report.

• Kitting is finalized.
  • Novelties will be done soon.
  • The deskpad is almost done. The artist is putting the final touches on now.
  • The colors are just about finalized. (I'll be sending them to my bag and cable collab soon)
  • Board renders lighting has been fixed, but they will be posted when I get the novelties done.
  • I ended up going back on my word on the discord server (I got a couple of DMs on reddit asking for updates, so im thinking it will be better to stream line everything). Just making sure all of the server settings are correct before posting links to it. I still plan on having an email newsletter type of thing for those who prefer it

I expect to have all of these to be done by the next major update (May 1st).

Does this include the white legends on the dark modifiers? As others have noted, I also think that the dark base with matching yellow-ish legends will look better than white legends. (Maybe you already voted, and I just missed it)

Offline Curious Yellow

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 09:59:17 »
Please tell me why there are two tabs of the same size in the Dark Mods kit. I really don't understand and it's driving me nuts. I'm relatively new to the hobby and the kitting game, but I want to understand.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 17:20:25 »
Please tell me why there are two tabs of the same size in the Dark Mods kit. I really don't understand and it's driving me nuts. I'm relatively new to the hobby and the kitting game, but I want to understand.

Looks like a mistake to me.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 16:30:00 »
Thanks for the french kit ! I'm in !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline pida

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 17:12:23 »
Noob question : is it PBT or ABS?

Offline Nuap

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 17:35:44 »

ePBT sets are almost always dye sub PBT. Hopefully OP can provide a 100% confirmation, but I'd assume ePBT without a mention of material will be PBT.

Offline pida

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 20:31:48 »

ePBT sets are almost always dye sub PBT. Hopefully OP can provide a 100% confirmation, but I'd assume ePBT without a mention of material will be PBT.

I thought dye sub couldn't do light lettering on dark keycap. So is it really dye sub? Which leads to the question is it PBT dye sub or PBT double shot or even ABS doublevshot  :confused:

edit : nevermind

This set will be manufactured by ePBT using their new reverse Dye-Sub process for the alphas (the same process used on ePBT Samurai)
from his reddit thread
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 April 2021, 20:37:06 by pida »

Offline Nuap

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 22:10:02 »

I thought dye sub couldn't do light lettering on dark keycap. So is it really dye sub? Which leads to the question is it PBT dye sub or PBT double shot or even ABS doublevshot  :confused:

edit : nevermind

This set will be manufactured by ePBT using their new reverse Dye-Sub process for the alphas (the same process used on ePBT Samurai)
from his reddit thread

Nice, reverse dye sub has been used by Infinikey for some time now so it's good to see other manufacturers getting in, especially ePBT which imo has a better quality track record than IFK.

Offline keguira

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor | Set Overhaul |
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:41:26 »
Went back to see the updates : that's good, amazing job !  :thumb:

as for the renders, the GMMK Pro is too "white" : it's more "silver" than that. The white design is too good to be real (sadly).

Offline ogp3

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor | Set Overhaul |
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:49:44 »
Love the look of the new novelties! Definitely going to be picking this one up :)

Offline Furreh

Is there no more chance to add a few dark novelties in the novelties set? I don't think we need a ton of them, just a few. I am mainly planning on getting the base kit + dark modifiers + novelties, so it'd be cool to have a few dark novelties as a part of the novelties set just so I can spice things up if I want to go with full dark keycaps sometimes.

Edit: Also the Discord link is expired I think.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 May 2021, 18:08:26 by Furreh »

Offline AlternisDim42

Is there no more chance to add a few dark novelties in the novelties set? I don't think we need a ton of them, just a few. I am mainly planning on getting the base kit + dark modifiers + novelties, so it'd be cool to have a few dark novelties as a part of the novelties set just so I can spice things up if I want to go with full dark keycaps sometimes.

Edit: Also the Discord link is expired I think.

Dark novelties is something I am considering. I put it in the IC form so if there is enough interest for it I'll include it. (And I will fix the discord link)

Offline CookieFlow

+1 for Dark novelties, maybe even a dedicated Dark Novelties kit.

I think I will skip base kit and get Dark mods + Hiragana (and maybe white alphas), but the novelties don't work with that combo.

The text color on the Dark mods kit is white I believe, should it not be the same color as the alphas/hiragana?

edit: nvm saw you raised that question in the latest IC Form.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 May 2021, 18:26:49 by CookieFlow »

Offline AlternisDim42

Looks like a mistake to me.

Not a mistake. Since I already expect that kit to be on the pricier side of things (all the keys will need to be reverse dye subbed) I wanted to make sure there is enough keys to support two boards in it. The second tab key is to make sure that if you were to get the kit, you can still have the correct colour tab key on the second board.

Offline afynyth

I liked the old slightly bluish-white mods, but I do like the new WS2 white as well. I also definitely like the more navy tone to the blue, though maybe it's just the renders looking different.

For the alpha legends/accents, will you be matching to the Pantone code, or the renders? Perhaps it's just my display, but Pantone 2001u looks much more yellow than the (peach? birch? not sure how to describe it) color of the renders.

Offline AlternisDim42

For the alpha legends/accents, will you be matching to the Pantone code, or the renders? Perhaps it's just my display, but Pantone 2001u looks much more yellow than the (peach? birch? not sure how to describe it) color of the renders.

Give me a couple of days to tweak the renders. I'll also take some pictures of the Pantone swatches to give everyone a better idea of the colors look like irl. (It also could just be my monitor and phone, but the navy (Pantone 281 U) also looks completely different from how it looks irl and when you look it up on google.)

Offline Eccend

This set looks slick! Would definitely want to buy it here in AUS!

Definitely hit up Daily Clack or SwitchKeys for Australia please!
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 May 2021, 07:16:05 by Eccend »

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
Love the set and love the deskmat