Author Topic: Best way of using the Pok3r + How' your Posture?  (Read 7856 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Best way of using the Pok3r + How' your Posture?
« on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:24:49 »
I have a 60% pok3r, and ever since I got it, I realized that I use the arrows more often than none.

Is there anyway to best take advantage of using the right side? I obviously need my hand on my mouse a chunk of the time lol.

And I'm wondering how people's posters have improved since the change from 104 Keyset to 60% boards?
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Best way of using the Pok3r + How' your Posture?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:24:38 »
I like the diamond arrow keys solution on the HHKB more because I don't have to stretch my fingers as much as with the default programming of the arrow keys on the pok3r. So perhaps you may want to look at that and program the diamond arrow keys into a layer of your pok3r.

As for the 60 vs 104. Coz of the smaller width of the kb due to no numpad (and no arrow for 60 vs tkl), you have to reach less far for your mouse, which many find more comfortable for longer stretches of computing.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 19:42:43 »
Here's a solution, mirror every Fn function in the IJKL clusters and keys around to WASD cluster, then change Caps Lock to Fn. This is what I did, worked pretty well if your right hand spend most of it time with the mouse ( or your nether region  :-[ )

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 06:38:45 »
I normally use caps lock as a function. Or in the case I am gaming or using the arrows very frequently I use the shift, fn, pn, ctrl arrows. By default if you hit right alt + spacebar it changes the rights shift, fn, pn, and ctrl to arrow keys. When you are all done hit right alt + spacebar again and it goes back to normal.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:31:07 »
I normally use caps lock as a function. Or in the case I am gaming or using the arrows very frequently I use the shift, fn, pn, ctrl arrows. By default if you hit right alt + spacebar it changes the rights shift, fn, pn, and ctrl to arrow keys. When you are all done hit right alt + spacebar again and it goes back to normal.

What'd you use to reprogram the key ? :O (unless its a dip switch haha).
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Anastasia

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 23:40:00 »
If you have the latest firmware, pressing the RIGHT ALT and the SPACEBAR simultaneously (while the Pok3r is connected to your computer) will change the RIGHT SHIFT, FN, PN and RIGHT CONTROL into up, left, down and right respectively.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 23:57:11 »
Caps Lock as Fn is a good idea.
On my kustom 60%, I have ESDF as my arrow cluster. Works amazingly for my needs.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 01:06:01 »
If you have the latest firmware, pressing the RIGHT ALT and the SPACEBAR simultaneously (while the Pok3r is connected to your computer) will change the RIGHT SHIFT, FN, PN and RIGHT CONTROL into up, left, down and right respectively.

I got my Pok3r a couple of days ago and pressed this as I had a keybind related to it, and was very confused...

well it's nice knowing this now though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 01:12:17 by Fiery »
TP4 fanboy

Offline Anastasia

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 01:22:27 »
It's actually pretty useful for most people because most people don't use the right shift or OS keys. The FN can be rebinded to control too via a dip switch IIRC.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 02:03:36 »
For me this is not the case and I don't mind using fn+chtn or ijkl on QWERTY. I am thinking of changing it to be htns or jklø so it's in a straight line and using caps-lock as fn. my predicament with this is that I currently use caps-lock as backspace. but I will test it and see how I like it.
TP4 fanboy

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 07:31:52 »

What'd you use to reprogram the key ? :O (unless its a dip switch haha).

Yeah Flip dip 3 and you are good to go!