Author Topic: [IC] GMK Electric (GB LIVE TO 10/6!)  (Read 204720 times)

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (big update 11/17/20)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 16:39:23 »
I will not be changing the set to icon only mods. It is staying as text. Perhaps i'll consider icon mods for a future run.

Can you please include the icon mods on the ISO addon instead? (ISO layouts use icon mods and it's only 4 caps more into the addon - tab, capslock, shift, backspace)

Sorry but no, that would also require icon only ISO enters which I don't have already. The entire set is staying text for the first run at least.

ISO Enter isn't included in the base kit (only in the ISO addon) so it only needs to be switched for icon version. But then, it's all call. I just think ISO users are the ones who beg more for icon mods and this isn't even impacting the base kit and overall ANSI users.

Can anybody weigh in on this? I'd be willing to make ISO icon if others agree it is worth the added cost. However, I'm still not too fond of the idea because it breaks up the set's overall look.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 10:47:04 »
This is a very interesting set, and thank you for splitting the numpad out of the base kit. I wish all the designers would do it. The desk mat looks fantastic!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 15:23:14 »
This is a very interesting set, and thank you for splitting the numpad out of the base kit. I wish all the designers would do it. The desk mat looks fantastic!!

Thank you, glad to see somebody appreciates the change :-\

Big update today with the "semi-final" kitting. This will be going to GMK for pricing and I'll only be accepting necessary modifications to the kits from now on.

Changelog 12/31/20:
Spacebars kit:
- Added a 2.75uC and 2.25uC key
- Moved 1.25uC from extension kit
- Added 2x blue 1uC
- Added a second 3uC

Extension kit:
- Added 2u R4 resistor novelty
- Added F13 key
- Moved 1.25uC to spacebars kit
- Fixed some legends (thanks Oblotzky for pointing out the 1.75 backspace needing an arrow)
* Decided to ommit the 1.75u Lock key
* Decided to keep the two 1.75uC keys for JD40/45 users
* Decided to keep the 2.25u shift even though it isn't necessarily used by many layouts.
660 style boards should have compatibility too.

International changes:
- Readded the » « key to Norde for Portuguese users
- Removed duplicate keys from Norde that were already in the ISO kit
* Decided dark alpha compatibility will not be offered for special ISO keys. no way this would hit MoQ.

Other:
- Added 1.25u Fn to base kit
- Added backspace resistor novelty to symbol row
* If you want split backspace support you'll need the novelties kit as well, it has 1u R1 novelties for AC and DC power which will match the symbol row
- Added dark alphas to the numpad kit by default
* This was a hard decision because I don't want to increase cost for those who have no interest in dark alphas. But, that is a preferable alternative in my eyes to including the numpad by default in the dark alphas.

Offline STER187

Re: [IC] GMK Electric (update 12-31-20)
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 13:04:39 »
 :thumb:

Offline Devil

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:55:06 »
I would like to see the blue backspace thrown into the base kit as there is already an extra blue backspace in the current renders. Buying whole kits just for 1 key isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 16:00:20 by Devil »

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 23:38:31 »
I would like to see the blue backspace thrown into the base kit as there is already an extra blue backspace in the current renders. Buying whole kits just for 1 key isn't worth it.

I'm confused as to what you mean? Not sure why I would include a blue backspace in the base kit.

Offline koolaidpapa

« Reply #356 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 18:14:36 »
Love the colors. Perhaps make a second version of the deskmat but with a more "copper" color to represent traces more?

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 16:32:09 »
Forgive me for not having read the whole thread, but is this set actually happening? I see this IC is in its fourth year.

Offline Devil

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 18:40:11 »

I'm confused as to what you mean? Not sure why I would include a blue backspace in the base kit.

There's nothing confusing about this. It's pretty stupid to give a symbol based kit an extra normal backspace and then claim it's confusing as to why it should be in the base kit. It's on par with GMK Muted R2 have 4 caps lock keys. You also include a blue enter and space bar in kit but somehow that isn't confusing?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 16:55:40 »

There's nothing confusing about this. It's pretty stupid to give a symbol based kit an extra normal backspace and then claim it's confusing as to why it should be in the base kit. It's on par with GMK Muted R2 have 4 caps lock keys. You also include a blue enter and space bar in kit but somehow that isn't confusing?

The only reason why there's a teal backspace in the symbols kit is because it makes the whole Numrow blue, there's no reason to be agro at OP for this reasoning. The only set that I can think of right now that had a accented backspace in the base was GMK Honeywell R1 & R2.

Offline andtar2

« Reply #360 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 01:05:29 »
There is a mod colored 1,5 R2 Delete in base, but is that not supposed to be a Backspace key instead?

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:21:47 »

Why would it be in the base kit? Accent backspaces aren't a thing.

You are suggesting forcing the cost of this alternate key *made to accompany the symbol row* onto anyone who buys a base kit. Sorry, but you are the one being stupid here.

I put it in as another option if people don't want the resistor on their backspace. Somebody suggested it in the IC form and I thought it was a reasonable idea.

It's like $1 per kit. Get over it dude.

edit:
The only reason why there's a teal backspace in the symbols kit is because it makes the whole Numrow blue, there's no reason to be agro at OP for this reasoning. The only set that I can think of right now that had a accented backspace in the base was GMK Honeywell R1 & R2.

Thanks for clarifying this as well Tyson, didn't read your message before I fell for the temptation to reply to that guy...  :-X

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:24:08 by Vala »

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:26:01 »
Love the colors. Perhaps make a second version of the deskmat but with a more "copper" color to represent traces more?

Good idea! There will be more deskmat designs coming soon ;)

Forgive me for not having read the whole thread, but is this set actually happening? I see this IC is in its fourth year.

Yes! I apologize for the extremely lengthy IC, but it is finally happening. Kits are off to GMK for pricing.

There is a mod colored 1,5 R2 Delete in base, but is that not supposed to be a Backspace key instead?

Good point, not sure why I made it a delete...

Offline youngki.bear

« Reply #363 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 09:04:05 »

Yes! I apologize for the extremely lengthy IC, but it is finally happening. Kits are off to GMK for pricing.

I'm really excited for this GB!

Offline Stompy

« Reply #364 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 05:25:54 »
Yep, count me in definitely

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 11:06:44 »
In just for the schematic symbols!

KiCAD macropad time!

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (update 2-4-21)
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:05:43 »
Pretty big update today. Decided that moving ISO back into the base was in everybody's best interests, but there are also tons of other minor changes I made. Thanks to acitrin and jae @ prototypist for helping me out :)

Please give me your feedback if you notice anything that could be improved. I'm going to give it a couple days before I send these to GMK, then they will be locked in as the final kitting.

- Changed R2 1.5u "Delete" to "Backspace" in Base Kit
- Moved extra B keys into Base & Dark Alphas rather than being in the Spacebars Kit
- Added extra tab to Dark Alphas to potentially provide coverage for another board alongside the Base
- Moved 6.25u accent from Base to Spacebars (sorry to those who appreciated this in the Base, have to make room for basic ISO)
- Moved R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, F13 from Extension to Base
- Removed ' " key from Extension (not sure why that was there in the first place...)
- Added R4 "Send" key to Extension
- Added R1 blue pipe key to Symbol Row for better split backspace support
- Updated some novelties to fit GMK tolerances
- Added barred 5s to numpad

- Moved basic ISO back into Base Kit.
* This includes the basic ISO enter, R4 <> key, 1.25u shift and R3 pipe key
* Also included a dark option for the R4 <> key and R3 pipe key in Dark Alphas
* The remaining UK alpha keys have been moved to Norde (now NorDeUK), along with the Alt Gr keys, and the accent ISO enter

Offline Prelim

« Reply #367 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:49:07 »
good decisions, I still miss the icon mods option but overall... I'm all /in for this :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Tyson

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 13:27:32 »
This set looked like it was close to running about a month ago, then updates stopped again. Any word on when this will run?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 14:50:24 »
This set looked like it was close to running about a month ago, then updates stopped again. Any word on when this will run?

edit: nvm idk what I'm talking about

Offline acitrin

• https://acitrin.design/
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 19:12:11 »

Hey Tyson!

I’m an employee at the Canadian vendor for this set, AlphaKeys. Rest assured, this set is intended to run soon. Vala has been super busy behind the scenes working on this set, as well as expanding his new US vendor, Vala Supply. Don’t worry, there will be updates!

:)

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 21:52:20 »
I need this.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 22:54:38 »
I need this.

Hey hey hold on

I saw it first, I need it more
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #373 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 00:00:26 »

What acitrin said before this post is correct, I've been busy with managing my new vendor vala.supply, and have ran into some roadblocks in getting the quotes for Electric (mostly novelty updates).
I'm just waiting on GMK now, hopefully everything is ready to go and we can finally get a GB date decided.

i seriously feel bad about how long this is taking to get to GB :'( but rest assured it will get there

good decisions, I still miss the icon mods option but overall... I'm all /in for this :thumb:

Thank you for the feedback and support :)

I need this.

I need this.

Hey hey hold on

I saw it first, I need it more

<3

Offline Xury46

Re: [IC] GMK Electric (waiting on quotes)
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 15:49:39 »
I love that desk mat design, looks great!

Offline Shorle

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 09:08:29 »
This is very promising <3

Any chance for dark Alpha NorDe? I know I a m asking alot but this neon on dark color scheme seems to be missing NorDe support most of the time.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #376 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:28:21 »
GB when?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 07:27:12 »
I love that desk mat design, looks great!

Thank you!

This is very promising <3

Any chance for dark Alpha NorDe? I know I a m asking alot but this neon on dark color scheme seems to be missing NorDe support most of the time.

I apologize but that won't be happening :( It's simply too hard to reach moq even on a single norde kit for an alternate coloring to be tenable as well.

GB when?

We are looking at August or September.

Quotes have been received and 3D renders are in progress! Renders, pricing, and a solid GB date should be in by the end of the month :D

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING BOIS

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (US pricing in! aiming for a Sept. GB date)
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 02:39:28 »
US pricing is in. 3D renders very soon (TM).

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (GB begins September 6th!)
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 04:10:26 »
Group buy date and final vendors announced!

Regional pricing will be updated as it becomes available.

Collabs are in progress. If you want to make a collab for GMK Electric, hit me up on Discord! (Vala#9001)

Also happy to show off the first 3D render of many by Izeri. His work is top notch and I can't wait to share the rest :D (its 4k btw, zoom in)

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 04:38:37 »

Collabs are in progress. If you want to make a collab for GMK Electric, hit me up on Discord! (Vala#9001)

Also happy to show off the first 3D render of many by Izeri. His work is top notch and I can't wait to share the rest :D (its 4k btw, zoom in)
I think you should switch the gb annoucement since now it's from september to august.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 05:28:54 »

I think you should switch the gb annoucement since now it's from september to august.

Fixed :blank:

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (GB begins September 6th! 3D RENDERS)
« Reply #382 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 05:01:39 »
Are you sure the argyle is by Alchemist Keyboards? According to its Interest Check thread, that is not the case https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106255.0

Offline Izeri

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 05:41:16 »
Are you sure the argyle is by Alchemist Keyboards? According to its Interest Check thread, that is not the case https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106255.0

Technically the design is
Jae: logistics and fulfillment, James: housing design, Yiancar: PCB design

Offline Prelim

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 09:29:10 »
- Norde kit has been updated to the latest version of GMK WOB & BOW's NordeUK+ kit
    - Supports British, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Faroese, Danish, Deutsch, and Portuguese layouts. I also included an Ñ key for Spanish layouts :)
    - I ommitted the » « key  as I couldn't find what layout it is a part of, if you know please let me know :)

» « is from Portuguese layout, please include it as well!

I'm /in for this, but I also agree on the "icon mods" like many people said. If you end up not changing it to icon mods, at least complete the ISO addon with the icon mods instead (4 more caps only) :thumb:

I will add the Portuguese key, don't worry c:

Hi Vala!

I've noticed that the »« key is still missing on the first post. This is a mandatory Portuguese cap, which was present in all Nordeuk sets:

I hope it can be corrected with GMK in time for producing ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 July 2021, 09:33:18 by Prelim »

Offline VXQN

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 10:31:34 »
I have to say that the dark alphas look much better than the grey ones. It seems that whoever did the latest renders did too — I suggest that a version with the actual base kit is used for promotion otherwise it feels a little like a bait-and-switch.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #386 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 17:52:03 »
- Norde kit has been updated to the latest version of GMK WOB & BOW's NordeUK+ kit
    - Supports British, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Faroese, Danish, Deutsch, and Portuguese layouts. I also included an Ñ key for Spanish layouts :)
    - I ommitted the » « key  as I couldn't find what layout it is a part of, if you know please let me know :)

» « is from Portuguese layout, please include it as well!

I'm /in for this, but I also agree on the "icon mods" like many people said. If you end up not changing it to icon mods, at least complete the ISO addon with the icon mods instead (4 more caps only) :thumb:

I will add the Portuguese key, don't worry c:

Hi Vala!

I've noticed that the »« key is still missing on the first post. This is a mandatory Portuguese cap, which was present in all Nordeuk sets:

Show Image

I hope it can be corrected with GMK in time for producing ;)

That key is present in the current NorDeUK kit, 4th key on the first row.

I have to say that the dark alphas look much better than the grey ones. It seems that whoever did the latest renders did too — I suggest that a version with the actual base kit is used for promotion otherwise it feels a little like a bait-and-switch.

These are only the very first of many renders to come. It just happens to be showcasing the Dark Alphas since I thought it suited the Argyle better. There are nearly 40 more renders on the way!

Offline Prelim

« Reply #387 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 05:17:12 »
Ups I didn't noticed! Thanks for the clarification ;)

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #388 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 08:59:32 »
uhm - your prices are fantastic! Way to go!

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 03:29:35 »
uhm - your prices are fantastic! Way to go!

Thank you, I tried my best to keep the US prices super low. It's certainly a benefit of being a designer and vendor at the same time!

Offline tngpq

« Reply #390 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 23:45:49 »
Any news on the 40 more renders? I'd be going all in if the base kit looks as good as the dark alphas. Glad to see a kitting options with two full backspaces which rarely happens.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 04:08:06 »
The GMK Electric group buy is live as of today, September 6th! If you're outside the US, please give a bit of time for each respective region to go live, should be within the next 24 hours.

I will be updating the Geekhack thread fully and making the GB thread tomorrow, as of now it is outdated.

Any news on the 40 more renders? I'd be going all in if the base kit looks as good as the dark alphas. Glad to see a kitting options with two full backspaces which rarely happens.

The product page has the renders with the V4N4G0N, which uses the base/light alphas.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 September 2021, 22:26:00 by Vala »

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] GMK Electric (GB LIVE TO 10/6!)
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 22:25:42 »
IC has been updated and the GB thread is awaiting approval. Thank you to everybody who contributed to IC, you helped make GMK Electric what it is today!

<3

GB THREAD IS LIVE HERE →
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 September 2021, 22:34:53 by Vala »