Author Topic: Clack Info Thread  (Read 286679 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Clack Info Thread
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:18:45 »
Those pictures are total ****, and I would be willing to be my REAL Nightowl that someone just got ****ed.
1. Not the same sacks CC uses
2. Not the way CC draws them
3. Potato pics
4. Seller with a rating of 3

Sorry for whoever just got raped. This is one of the reasons why banning auctions was a stupid idea.

5. No upskirt picture.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #601 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 04:29:26 »
Those pictures are total ****, and I would be willing to be my REAL Nightowl that someone just got ****ed.
3. Potato pics

Sorry for whoever just got raped. This is one of the reasons why banning auctions was a stupid idea.

Yeah that sack sticks out like a sore thumb, the drawing looks god awful.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #602 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 04:51:13 »
My Nightowl's eyes don't glow. :(
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #603 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:15:52 »
3. Potato pics

Not sure how this correlates to banning auctions on gh being a stupid idea.

If this is someone that is flogging a fake/ripping of another person. They most likely would not have used gh in the first place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #604 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:31:15 »
3. Potato pics

Not sure how this correlates to banning auctions on gh being a stupid idea.

If this is someone that is flogging a fake/ripping of another person. They most likely would not have used gh in the first place.

If this auction were held on GH people could have called them out before someone got ripped off, plus the seller would go right on the black list. Them putting it up on Ebay instead would've been a red flag. At least Ebay has limited buyer's protection, hopefully whoever bought it can file a claim before it's too late.

I'm not completely positive it's a fake, but I am at least 90% sure based off those pictures and other factors.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:33:06 by noisyturtle »

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #605 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:40:49 »
If this auction were held on GH people could have called them out before someone got ripped off

People get ripped off anyway.  Look at how many idiots paid for the clack in the classifieds sticky and didnt say anything for 2 days even though someone else already said the paid for it.

Look at pacifist's IC for tkl cases.  Within 5 posts we pointed out it wouldnt be worth doing and there were still another ~ten posts expressing interest or asking for links.  People don't ****ing read.  If this **** was on GH people would be all over it bc "omg a clack on classifieds, this might be my only chance to get one".
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #606 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 07:10:56 »
PMed the Clack man about the eBay listing, let's see what he says!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #607 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 08:20:58 »
If this auction were held on GH people could have called them out before someone got ripped off

People get ripped off anyway.  Look at how many idiots paid for the clack in the classifieds sticky and didnt say anything for 2 days even though someone else already said the paid for it.

Look at pacifist's IC for tkl cases.  Within 5 posts we pointed out it wouldnt be worth doing and there were still another ~ten posts expressing interest or asking for links.  People don't ****ing read.  If this **** was on GH people would be all over it bc "omg a clack on classifieds, this might be my only chance to get one".

^^ this 100000x

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #608 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:12:24 »
The bag does look odd, but if you read it, it says plum purple not black. So not night owl. 

I found a fake trans blue on kbdmania I messaged clack about it a week ago but haven't heard back.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #609 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:28:20 »
The bag does look odd, but if you read it, it says plum purple not black. So not night owl. 

I found a fake trans blue on kbdmania I messaged clack about it a week ago but haven't heard back.

I'm more interested in the GID eyes, I've never seen Clack do that before. Could be a one off but there are so many red flags on this is just feels suspect to me.

Then again, maybe this is one of the fabled dibs Clacks.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #610 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:31:45 »

I'm more interested in the GID eyes, I've never seen Clack do that before. Could be a one off but there are so many red flags on this is just feels suspect to me.

Then again, maybe this is one of the fabled dibs Clacks.

I think ekw got a gid recently remember it? I forget what color it was.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:33:10 »
Was it the Noct skull? I've seen one of those before but never in the eyes.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:35:29 »

Besides that one, it was a bi color I believe w gid eyes only. It was back when I got my candy corn fn. crap have to find the photo in the post your Clacks..

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:37:05 »

Besides that one, it was a bi color I believe w gid eyes only. It was back when I got my candy corn fn. crap have to find the photo in the post your Clacks..

Oh wow, never seen that one! I'll have to scan through my photo library, I scraped the photos in the Clack thread a couple of weeks ago.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:39:20 »

Oh wow, never seen that one! I'll have to scan through my photo library, I scraped the photos in the Clack thread a couple of weeks ago.

Oh it was the skull face that is gid!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1293684#msg1293684

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:52:14 »

Jesus, that one totally flew under my radar. So much jelly!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:55:31 »

That's a ridiculously badass clack

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:44:28 »

Meh.

:))  Who am I kidding, that's ****ing awesome.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:46:02 »

Meh.

It officially has all of my want. That thing is just...I have no words for it.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:51:20 »
Lulz, you guys are bad at speculating. =P
It looks legit to me despite the tater picks. It is indeed a Night Owl too, Senzunite Owl's are black but a different shade, far more purple looking. It's actually called black plum after an older two bi/zwei-color key.

Sorry about that, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. Not much to say though really, that one sadly was a fake.
I have other more positive and demanding things to focus on at the moment. Thank you for bringing it to my attention however, I truly appreciate the consideration, care, and heads up.

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:55:52 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:58:48 »
It looks legit to me despite the tater picks. It is indeed a Night Owl too, Senzunite Owl's are black but a different shade, far more purple looking. It's actually called black plum after an older two bi/zwei-color key.

Sorry about that, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. Not much to say though really, that one sadly was a fake.
I have other more positive and demanding things to focus on at the moment. Thank you for bringing it to my attention however, I truly appreciate the consideration, care, and heads up.

Oh ****, the man has spoken! :D Thats so cool that it is real!  :thumb: I love rare clacks sir!

You are welcome, I thought you would want to see it. But sadly it is in another country.  :-X So not much to do ey?

Good to see you on the board brother!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:00:29 »

Great to see you around, sir. Hope you're back is doing better.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #622 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:02:00 »
Meh.

if only MX right?

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:04:29 »
Man, i hope some better pictures surface. Would love to see some hi-res photos of a black plum color.
sell out and eat ass

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #624 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:48:31 »
Man, i hope some better pictures surface. Would love to see some hi-res photos of a black plum color.

yes post pics please.  think of the children!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #625 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:49:34 »

You can afford to have children and buy Clacks??   :eek:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #626 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:58:48 »

They are the children in this scenario. :))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #627 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:59:18 »

put children to work.  buy more clacks.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:03:36 »
I would give my children clacks to play. No wait, what? uuhh, candyskulls....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #629 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:06:10 »

They are the children in this scenario. :))

This makes so much sense...   :))

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:29:51 »
Those pictures are total ****, and I would be willing to bet my REAL Nightowl that someone just got ****ed.

So where's my Nightowl?

Yeah that sack sticks out like a sore thumb, the drawing looks god awful.

Too bad clack didn't comment on this.
I love Elzy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:38:04 »
Those pictures are total ****, and I would be willing to bet my REAL Nightowl that someone just got ****ed.

So where's my Nightowl?

hahaha

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:43:27 »

So where's my Nightowl?

He's taking the red eye directly to you <3

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:44:15 »

So where's my Nightowl?

He's taking the red eye directly to you <3

:thumb: Red Eye!  ;D

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #634 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:09:40 »

That glow in the dark cc posted above is on a very dark plum like purple color but I was told it was called klutz black, so that might be the color of the eBay cc with different eyes. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline t2russo

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 19:59:36 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Click-Clack-Tri-Color-Salute-Skull-Cherry-Mx-Clack-Factory-Keycap-/251535264263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a90ab8a07

I'd recognized the seller ID from this old listing.  Person had a salute and a one of a kind nightowl-esque and keeps thing on the very dl...

"ghost sale" in the new listing is probably pretty a important detail and something that happened way before I started hunting these things

also "senzu"... from DBZ?!?!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 20:12:52 by t2russo »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 20:29:15 »
$100 for a Salute :eek: :eek: :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #637 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 22:43:34 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Click-Clack-Tri-Color-Salute-Skull-Cherry-Mx-Clack-Factory-Keycap-/251535264263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a90ab8a07

I'd recognized the seller ID from this old listing.  Person had a salute and a one of a kind nightowl-esque and keeps thing on the very dl...

"ghost sale" in the new listing is probably pretty a important detail and something that happened way before I started hunting these things

Oh wow awesome!  :thumb:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #638 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:04:47 »

That is pretty cool! Those prices! Haha  :eek:

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 13:38:06 »
Anyone know if guac is a rare color or if I should be able to get it easily? In topre form if that matters.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 13:58:36 »

Anyone know if guac is a rare color or if I should be able to get it easily? In topre form if that matters.

Sadly not easy to get.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:00:31 »

Sadly not easy to get.
:( Well then

Thanks  :)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #642 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:04:09 »
If you like green, gumrot green or mint gum should be way easier to get.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:15:04 »
I can't even find a Depth black or a Hardcore white. ;_; Clacks y u so rare...
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #644 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:29:14 »
How rare is the Candy Corn skull, I really like it :<
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline Sniping

« Reply #645 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:30:09 »
Not very rare, just expensive most of the time.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #646 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:45:14 »
Not very rare, just expensive most of the time.

You rarely see it under $200.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #647 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 18:09:54 »
There are some on ebay right now but the prices are more than I would want to pay. Those sweet BS clacks...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #648 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 18:19:16 »
There are some on ebay right now but the prices are more than I would want to pay. Those sweet BS clacks...

There are some Model M CCs, but I wanted to use them on my kishsaver.  :(  Oh well, maybe next time!  :P

Offline t2russo

« Reply #649 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 18:38:03 »
Salute and sezunite seller.  Dude has the ****ing hookup what the hell I need to meet this guy and buy him a beer.