Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303193 times)

Offline tgujay

Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Repairing)
« Reply #1200 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 08:19:45 »
I was out on business all week, and it's a goddamn joke that no update has been posted since.

I see nothing for this groupbuy under your use name in my spreadsheet. If you have an order that needs to be shipped please contact me via pm or email.
How about you do everyone a service and post a general update instead of HIDING behind PMs you ****ing moron
Piss off. Really, PMs are better for this because I don't want to get updates for this thread sent to me over your issue.

Has this gone smoothly? No. Could it go quicker? Yes. Are most you you acting like keyboard warriors? Yes.

U mad.
Gotta collect them all

Offline nebo

« Reply #1201 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 08:53:41 »
I was out on business all week, and it's a goddamn joke that no update has been posted since.

I see nothing for this groupbuy under your use name in my spreadsheet. If you have an order that needs to be shipped please contact me via pm or email.
How about you do everyone a service and post a general update instead of HIDING behind PMs you ****ing moron
Piss off. Really, PMs are better for this because I don't want to get updates for this thread sent to me over your issue.

Has this gone smoothly? No. Could it go quicker? Yes. Are most you you acting like keyboard warriors? Yes.

U mad.
U 12?

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1202 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:41:22 »

U mad.
U 12?

Yes.
Gotta collect them all

Offline pasph

« Reply #1203 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:49:39 »
It's great to read all this **** while waiting forever for all my stolen (until now) money
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1204 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:12:21 »
It's great to read all this **** while waiting forever for all my stolen (until now) money

Glad I can entertain you.
Gotta collect them all

Offline pasph

« Reply #1205 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 16:28:29 »

Glad I can entertain you.

Glad you can entertain me :)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Batmann

« Reply #1206 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 16:52:47 »
Hi all,
if someone here is selling an ansi 125 plate send me a pm!
thanks

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1207 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 18:21:04 »
Hey prof did you receive my pm for the new address? Please update it. Thanks!

Yes I did sorry ill get back to you ASAP on that.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 03:14:15 »
sigh....

forget the leds, send switches. I really need them.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 03:16:55 »
When are you sending the big package to WFD, Prof? I asked a couple times in PMs but no reply.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 03:39:34 »
When are you sending the big package to WFD, Prof? I asked a couple times in PMs but no reply.

^This^

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:53:45 »
TheProfosist please read this.

A Kickstarter funded game has gone under and the link above explains what the founder is going to do as a result of his decision. THIS is how you handle a deal that unravels, regardless of the circumstances.

My hope now is to eventually refund everyone fully. This puts all of the financial burden directly on my shoulders. Starting with those who've pre-ordered after the Kickstarter campaign through our webstore, then I'll begin working my way through the backer list, starting with those who funded at the highest levels. Unfortunately I can't give any type of schedule for the repayment as I left my job to do this project and must find work again. I'll create a separate bank account to place anything beyond my basic costs of living. Every time that account has a decent amount saved into it I'll issue a payout to a portion of the backer list. I'll post updates with each payout to keep you all informed on the progress.

Offline metafour

« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 19:54:39 »

A Kickstarter funded game has gone under and the link above explains what the founder is going to do as a result of his decision. THIS is how you handle a deal that unravels, regardless of the circumstances.

My hope now is to eventually refund everyone fully. This puts all of the financial burden directly on my shoulders. Starting with those who've pre-ordered after the Kickstarter campaign through our webstore, then I'll begin working my way through the backer list, starting with those who funded at the highest levels. Unfortunately I can't give any type of schedule for the repayment as I left my job to do this project and must find work again. I'll create a separate bank account to place anything beyond my basic costs of living. Every time that account has a decent amount saved into it I'll issue a payout to a portion of the backer list. I'll post updates with each payout to keep you all informed on the progress.

Did you look at the comments for that post?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 21:06:51 »

Mashby,

I pretty much always agree with you but In this case i have to disagree, this is not how you handle a deal that unravels. He (Erik Chevalier) is not guaranteeing he is going to return the money he is mostly saying he "hopes" he can return the money--the guy doesn't even know. If you see the comments on KS people are blowing up. All the guy did was write a nice letter telling people what he hoped they wanted to hear.

I'm still waiting for 2 bills worth of switches so im not happy like everyone else but i just don't think you can relate a KS situation to this.

Offline zyth3x

« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:29:55 »
Update; received my switches today.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1215 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 04:37:08 »
sigh....

Can do

I will send the ones for the people that contacted me to send them to him ASAP (pasph sleepy916 affect656)

Update; received my switches today.

glad to hear it man

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1216 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 10:29:27 »

Everyone's pissed, which is understandable and those comments are all over the map, but it's getting ugly. Funding a Kickstarter project is low-level angel funding of an idea/company/project/etc. and like any investment, there is no guarantee of a return on an investment. This is, of course not at all related to a group buy. More below vvv

I pretty much always agree with you but In this case i have to disagree, this is not how you handle a deal that unravels. He (Erik Chevalier) is not guaranteeing he is going to return the money he is mostly saying he "hopes" he can return the money--the guy doesn't even know. If you see the comments on KS people are blowing up. All the guy did was write a nice letter telling people what he hoped they wanted to hear.

I'm still waiting for 2 bills worth of switches so im not happy like everyone else but i just don't think you can relate a KS situation to this.

I know the two are not related and I have not been tracking the full story either. The only reason I linked it was due to the fact that their is a similarity in that both projects were apparently mis-handled.

In the Kickstarter example, the lead listed his plans to rectify the situation. Is it a guarantee that all money will be refunded? Absolutely not, but it's at least and accounting of what the next steps are and that has value. The comments, much like several that we've had here, are going to be out pouring of angst and Erik is clearly being raked over the coals in the court of public opinion. However, it is something public and something that  shows accountability.

Compare that to this group buy. Some people have received their goods, others (such as yourself) have not and there has been no mention of refunds of money. All transactions have to take place via PM, which then forces us all to then chime in on the main thread here to try and aggregate what's actually happening. Zero transparency. Zero accountability.

Regardless of wether you agree that Erik (Kickstarter guy) handled the situation correctly, it's a far sight better than what's been done with this GroupBuy. I, for one, would much prefer public actions and accountability over death by a thousand PMs.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 15:52:21 »

Everyone's pissed, which is understandable and those comments are all over the map, but it's getting ugly. Funding a Kickstarter project is low-level angel funding of an idea/company/project/etc. and like any investment, there is no guarantee of a return on an investment. This is, of course not at all related to a group buy. More below vvv

I know the two are not related and I have not been tracking the full story either. The only reason I linked it was due to the fact that their is a similarity in that both projects were apparently mis-handled.

In the Kickstarter example, the lead listed his plans to rectify the situation. Is it a guarantee that all money will be refunded? Absolutely not, but it's at least and accounting of what the next steps are and that has value. The comments, much like several that we've had here, are going to be out pouring of angst and Erik is clearly being raked over the coals in the court of public opinion. However, it is something public and something that  shows accountability.

Compare that to this group buy. Some people have received their goods, others (such as yourself) have not and there has been no mention of refunds of money. All transactions have to take place via PM, which then forces us all to then chime in on the main thread here to try and aggregate what's actually happening. Zero transparency. Zero accountability.

Regardless of wether you agree that Erik (Kickstarter guy) handled the situation correctly, it's a far sight better than what's been done with this GroupBuy. I, for one, would much prefer public actions and accountability over death by a thousand PMs.

Shhhh, if you want to continue this conversation please PM me and stop threadcrapping.  /s
Gotta collect them all

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:00:13 »
sigh....

Can do

Dude respond to my response to your PM, your counts you list in your PM are wrong.

see your spreadsheet for the correct counts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupvlvyuC9aEdGNzeXUzdjlpdmR4X2pndElOQ1I0dnc#gid=0

Offline pasph

« Reply #1219 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:04:07 »

Shhhh, if you want to continue this conversation please PM me and stop threadcrapping.  /s

ROFL

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1220 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 17:33:53 »
sigh....

Can do

Dude respond to my response to your PM, your counts you list in your PM are wrong.

see your spreadsheet for the correct counts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupvlvyuC9aEdGNzeXUzdjlpdmR4X2pndElOQ1I0dnc#gid=0

will do man I must have read it wrong

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1221 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 22:25:36 »
I did not participate in this GB, but it pains me so much to see so many fellow members in this situation.

I want to reach out to you, prof, and offer to help you.  If jdcarpe's post a few pages back was correct, then I believe I am within 1.5 hours of you.  If there is anything I can do to help these people get their stuff quicker I'm happy to help.  Do you need help sorting/counting switches?  Do you need help packaging and driving to the post office?  I'll admit I haven't been following this 100%, but I read through quite a few pages and it doesn't seem like the holdup has been clearly explained.

If this is an issue of simply not having the time to accomplish these tasks and being overwhelmed, I believe I could help with that.  Please respond and let me know if there's any way to help.  Again, I hate seeing so many people put in this situation and if there's anything I can do I would be very happy to help.

I apologize to anyone who might get angry that I'm posting without having participated in the GB.  I thought about it and decided that I'd rather post it than not.  I hope you understand.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 03:37:19 »
Why can't you just send the things that are supposed to go to WFD now. At least send the swiches.....

Why are you sending out switches 1 person per week......
SmallFry! <3

Offline r3dx

« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 06:22:45 »
Any new updates?
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 07:18:20 »
What's the status for the LEDs and stabilizers? Haven't seen anything mentioned about it.. It will be difficult completing a keyboard without stabs!

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1225 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 02:08:22 »
How many people still need their stuff?
SmallFry! <3

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1226 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 08:13:16 »
How many people still need their stuff?

A ton probably.  I'm still waiting on blue switches, white switches, leds, and stabs.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1227 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 08:18:34 »
Same, I have been wanting to talk to him but he has not been on...
SmallFry! <3

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1228 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:03:13 »
What's the status for the LEDs and stabilizers? Haven't seen anything mentioned about it.. It will be difficult completing a keyboard without stabs!

I'm not sure stabilizers were ever paid for.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1229 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 14:40:37 »
So, like a fool, I believed prof when he said he would send me my stuff.  He agreed to terms and said he would ship.  Nothing here and it's been about two weeks.  Thanks for making me feel like a fool again prof.  PS, I hate you.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1230 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:43:23 »

I will send the ones for the people that contacted me to send them to him ASAP (pasph sleepy916 affect656)

STILL NOTHING

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1231 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 20:38:39 »
We all want them ASAP its past due....
SmallFry! <3

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1232 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 10:43:46 »
has anyone heard from this guy?

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1233 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 10:53:45 »
has anyone heard from this guy?

Lolololololol.
Gotta collect them all

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 13:23:57 »
I am still hopeful that 7bit is willing to ship switches to us directly.. I will happily pay the extra shipping to get my switches.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1235 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 13:40:49 »
At this point I'm saying we go through with sending out a letter before going to claims. What, 5% of the total money sent has been shipped? If bavman hasn't sent the PCBs and plates to him yet, I'm now 100% sure I'm want them sent to me. Then I'll work out something with 7bit and cut my loses on assembly.

Offline r3dx

« Reply #1236 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:08:22 »
So I take it no body has received anything in the past few weeks based on the lack of updates...
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 17:05:29 »
last i heard was ill have my switches "asap" and that was 2 weeks ago. An update would be nice.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 21:19:25 »
What does asap mean?
SmallFry! <3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1239 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 21:19:53 »
As soon as possible

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 01:22:04 »
I believe you have just been trolled CPT, lol.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 01:32:05 »
what is MXLOCK?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1243 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 07:23:08 »
So he sends stuff to 2 people just to go off for 3 weeks.....
SmallFry! <3

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1244 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 07:36:19 »
So he sends stuff to 2 people just to go off for 3 weeks.....

Yes, do you not notice he sent mashby's stuff...probably because mashby was the one who was threatening to send a demand letter/bring a lawsuit.  Everyone should write this off as a loss.  It's obvious Prof isn't doing s**t to correct the situation.  Face it...we all got scammed.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1245 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 10:34:19 »
I say release the information. It's been long enough.
SmallFry! <3

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1246 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 11:42:44 »
I gave you the benefit of the doubt but now I'm starting to see things more clearly.
I am adding finally realizing and adding things up. You are a sick person.
How doyou have so much extra money but still ask for more without even showing any proof that you spent all the money in the first place!
It's quite clear when you look at all the posts from these many months side by side.
I'm pretty sure that you even have spare accounts just to throw this thread off topic...
Much more than that.  There is a spreadsheet in the OP if you were so inclined.  $200 from me, though.
$5996.35

That's what I got but it was quick copy pasting and excel work so no idea on the accuracy though it's a pretty good number just looking over it. That isn't including shipping.

EDIT - Also looks like bavman is sending out orders so this can't be held up for anybody except white switches...
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg915450#msg915450

What I said yesterday about waiting to start the whole pitchfork thing, yeah, we're getting close.

I got a similar answer  :-X

Much more than that.  There is a spreadsheet in the OP if you were so inclined.  $200 from me, though.

someone please check my math but I just did multiplication and addition in excel.....

Well if I'm looking at that spreadsheet right its somewhere around ~$6,000+ total

Half of that is for switches ~$3,000

Around ~$1200 in the various assembly charges

Almost $1,000 just in the PLU-87 boards.....

You can view your order here please pm me if you need to change anything http://tinyurl.com/afxd5o8

Quick number crunching. According to this spreadsheet, he has collected $6004 + paypal fees. He still has not ordered stabilizers ($456), LEDs ($156), still owes 7bit ($132), and still owes me ($225). That is a $969 deficit. Assuming no parts were for profit, he still collected $1255 in assembly fees.

So basically that is $2,224 that is unaccounted for. Either a terrible miscalculation on his part, or that GB money he collected was spent on personal things. I just cannot believe this.... someone check my math.

Prof, you still need to answer the specific questions from my last PM. There is over $2,000 not accounted for. What exactly happened to the rest of this money? And please take a picture of all the PLUs that you supposedly have.

So, im looking for someone to kindly collect the money via goods and send to WFD as gift.

Basically he is asking for someone to volunteer to contact everyone that ordered stabilizers, collect all money for stabs AGAIN, then send it to me in one large lump so I can ship him the plates, PCBs, and stabs. If you read the PMs here again, you can see mentions of this exact thing I just said. Yes that's right, he wants you to pay for stabilizers again, something that he already collected money for. Not only that, someone else (except him) must send PMs to everyone in this GB and manage the payments.

Not only does he not have proof of any of the goods he stole this guy's ErgoDox:
Here's some info (mainly ErgoDox-related) I've been able to gather that might be helpful, if anyone is looking for some more info to this knowledge-base of a thread:

In late January/early February, I ordered an ErgoDox without switches & ErgoDox assembly from him via the MassDrop "GB" for it, and I also ordered MX Whites via this Phantom Parts GB. The plan was to have the Dox built with those MX Whites. In early April, MD mistakenly sent me an unassembled ErgoDox, but I told them I wanted it assembled, like I've ordered it. They sent me a label to send it to him. I've sent it to him and the tracking said it was delivered - again, this was about two months ago.

Via this thread, MX Whites might not be available at the moment (or at least not all of them) because 7bit did not quite have enough available prior to the pre-order status that they're currently in (which should end by July or something). Also, SF has said something like Prof doesn't want to build ErgoDoxes until he has all the parts from this Phantom GB.

MD has not charged me for the assembly at any point. That might be a holdup through this whole situation. But it's kind of weird how it's all kind of coming around in circles (the possibility that MD doesn't want to charge buyers to give to Prof until they know the builds are going to happen; him not wanting to build until he has parts; not being able to get all parts because of what's available/what he still owes 7bit via cash he needs to get from MD).

And until I get anything I'm down ~$310 (aluminum Dox, MX Whites) with the possibility of $60 more (assembly that hasn't been charged yet).

He way overcharged us for Stabilizers:
$8 for stabilizers?! I've sold a few bags worth at $1 per stabilizer... (75cents for WFD)

TheProfosist was also a dropout of my Krytox GPL 200 GB... Why did he order one in the first place?!... He said he didn't have any money, but that same day he bought a GirlDC black whale and 3 aluminum spacebars! (Over $200!!)

Finally a real PM to me with actual substance, after a very long time of waiting. I'll just post it here.

tl;dr - Prof has no income and zero money left to buy the remaining parts or to ship out your stuff. He's waiting on money from Massdrop, but I doubt that will be enough for everything. You may have to pay him (again?) to ship out stuff or for stabilizers/LEDs.

I'm already picking up your slack. Tell me why you charge $8 for stabs and I need to sell for a loss? You keep the profit from assembly and parts while I have to do all your work? If you can't even pay me money that's not even part of the assembly and GB parts, money that you personally owe me, which you kept promising to pay me a long time ago, what makes me believe that you'll actually refund people for these parts once massdrop pays you?

I shortened this up as I didnt feel like re-writing everything I wrote before and lost.

what slack of mine are you picking up?

why i charged $8 is because thats what it was for the lowest tier + the cost of a wire from you. And I would love to keep the profit if i had any.

What do yo umean while I have to do all your work? I plan to build all the boards because I cant pay anyone.

The not haveing any money from the GB is 100% my poor planning aparently and not watching everything very carefully as I was paying for it, so ill attest to that. Ill get you the money for the stuff you have been holding for me as i just stated in my last PM but im have to sell the stuff, I hope thats alright with you. You dont have to believe me, no one every has any real reason to believe anyone, especially over the internet. All I have to say though is though I may take some time I have always gotten people their stuff or money in the end and though you may not believe me I never considered not getting them what I said I would.

The instant I have money from Massdrop I can send it to you instead if you wish then you can just refund the money you were sent (if your the one thats going to collect it). I dont know if thats any better or if anyone will even go for that idea/plan. I just want to do something that will will get this GB to the point where I can start shipping out parts and building keyboards. The sooner this happens the better, I need to get this GB over and outa my life.

What slack? Answering PMs from people that ask me what's going on. Reorganize my spreadsheet and bavman's spreadsheet where everything should go. There were also a bunch of people that requested for me to handle their package, rather than you handling it. I've been in back and forth communication with these guys, and it does take up my time work with them. I'm combining shipping for some of these packages, and will be sending it directly to them as requested, rather than passing it on to you. Some of them already went out. So even after all this, you still want me to send out individual PM to the whole GB, asking them to pay me directly for stabilizers, which you had already collected money for? Is it really my job to contact everyone, and mange payment again?

So all your personal stuff that I'm holding for you and helped you pay for them... basically you kept making empty promises of paying me back for them, then now you finally tell me you're going to sell it? You could have told me this 6 months ago or try to sell it a while ago so that my money isn't held up, and I'm not stuck with your personal stuff at my place. Now after you sell them, it's my time and responsibility to package and ship them out? Seriously... wtf is this...

Your last response was the first one in a while that you actually said something. But you still need to be more specific, because I need to know, and I'm sure everyone else would like to know as well. You've collected all payments already, and even more than what the parts costs since they've already paid for the assembly fees. Where did all this money go if you did not spend it for your personal things? If 7bit charged you more for switches than what he initially said, you shouldn't have placed the order until you worked out the budget. How much did you end up paying for the switches? How much were the PLU keyboards? How many ergo-dox do you need to assemble, and how much total money is massdrop paying you? Did people already pay you for the shipping costs in advance? If you can't even find the time to give updates or respond, how are you going to have time to build everything and package/ship them out? Just do some quick number crunching man. I don't think what massdrop will pay you, will be enough to cover all your "debt". You still need to pay for stabilizers, (shipping to each person?), and personal money you owe me.

Just To Be Clear

On February 1, 2013, I Paid The Following:
   $65.00 - Lubed switches and assembly
   $05.00 - Desoldering PLU-87
   $80.00 - PLU-87 Keyboard
   $08.00 - Cherry Stabilizers
   $05.53 - PayPal Fees
------------------------------------
   $163.53 Total

The only hard goods that have supposedly been purchased for my order is the PLU-87 keyboard -- although I have seen no proof that you have the boards in hand. Deducting PayPal fees, I've paid you $158 for an $80 keyboard. The remaining $78 is gone because...

Into higher prices and exchange rate changes is my best guess at this point.

The Breakdown
Assuming the spreadsheet on Google Doc is correct, and I haven't seen anyone say otherwise, I breakdown the money that was collected as follows:

AmountItem
$3,001.35Switches
$960PLU-87 Keyboards (12 in all)
$1,255Assembly Services (basic, spring swap, lubed and desoldering)
$632Stabilizers (that were never purchased
$156LED swap outs
$6,004.35Total Received Payments

In other words you collected:
   $3,961.35 in goods that were alegedly purchased
   $2,043 in services and goods that were never purchased (stabilizers)

And due to the fluctuations in the Euro, we're supposed to believe that the expected $4,000 in goods actually cost $6,000, or 67% more than expected?

I actually think this number is higher. The only evidence we've seen of goods actually purchased are the switches from 7bit. There's been no evidence that the PLUs have actually been ordered, or received. Throw that on the pile and we're now looking at $3000 that is unaccounted for.

If I would have managed this better that wouldnt have been a problem but o wells. Its only another $45 or so total on all 628 switches.

It's not just another $45 you idiot, it's thousands of dollars that have gone missing with no serious answer as to WTF happened to it.

If Only...
I keep saying this over-and-over in my mind trying to make peace with this debacle of a group buy. I know it's just my psyche going through the seven stages of anger, but I can't help it.

If only... you had charged for the hard goods and not the services, then I wouldn't be out as much money.

If only...  you'd admitted that you had made a mistake before spending the money, we could have chosen different options, or at least try and make a course correction.

If only... you'd explained that your estimates were off we could have made up the difference and gladly given you more money. *shudder*

If only... you'd admitted that you didn't know how to add someone could have stepped in and given you a calculator.

If only... you'd admitted you were unqualified to run a group buy, someone would have gladly volunteered to take over, or at least pitch in.

If only... you had communicated like you did before you took receipt of the money there wouldn't be so much vitriol.

If only... you were actually being honest and not feeding us a line of bull****.  >:D

But, You Chose This
There are so many different ways this could have turned out, but you CHOSE to take us all down this road. All throughout this thread are offers of assistance and help, but as you said...

I did everything no one helped me with anything and am glad I did that way no one it getting dragged down with me.

So instead of enlisting help, you've chosen to drag everyone that trusted you with their money down this road of shame with you.

You have chosen to lie and steal and be deceptive. You have chosen to drag this out in the hopes of covering up your mistakes, or to perhaps go undetected. I don't know why you've made the choices you have and it really doesn't matter what they are. In the end, the reasons rarely justify the means in situations involving theft.

So you can continue to drag this out and tell us...

Im working on sending out some PMs and Emails as we speak after that im going to get caught back up on the thread as it seems it gotten awfully personal.

Guys I am alive (contrary to some beliefs) and I wont let you guys be boned (no matter how much some of you seem to want to be).

Hey guys sorry about not getting the response up, life has in no way going my way (murphy's law is a *****). I know what your going to think/say when i say this but ill do my best to post responses and reply to pms/emails before the start of next week. Before you ask I will most likely not be posting anything today as i wont be sitting down near a computer long enough to do so.

I havnt checked out guys you should get a response from me tomorrow starting back with my other post. O and I received another bag of switches today from 7bit.

I can start shipping stuff out to people who just ordered switches using the switches I do have.

Im not blowing anyone off. I am not shipping parts because I dont have them all.

As for an update as to when theyll ship, thats quite hard to say as I dont know when ill have the rest of the parts. And YES I am actively trying to get the rest in.

ROFL funny man, just so you know I havnt replied to anyone or anything this week yet.

But, a big thanks to those who respected my post about being unavailable for GH stuff until the following monday. I appreciate not getting flooded while I dont have the ability or time to answer.

ok here are some verbal updates (I know many you want pictures as well thell be soonish to follow)

hey guys! looks round... wow a lot happens in a couple days doesnt it...

guys Ill get an update, info, replies,  and stuff tomorrow I have good news (I think) and yes I was overloaded but not anymore (I think). Yes,  i am currently busy but with GH stuff for the most part.

If your worried about this not getting done dont worry it will as I have stopped most of my life to straighten this and other GH stuff out properly. On another note I will never be running another GB but will continue with assembly for those who want be to build their board but never a full blown service ever most likely.

everything  metalliqaz said is correct as of Sun May 5th at 1600

Does this mean you're sending out all our orders?
some of them will go out soon, for the people that only ordered parts that is.

yo dudes whats up? I have recovered and am getting back on this today. I have some more inventory that I havnt been able to update you about. Expect a update either late today or tomorrow once I have organized/figured/etc.

The Bottom Line
You can't be trusted. You're not a man of your word and you committed fraud on the GeekHack community.

Just added it all up from the spreadsheet. My data may also be irrelevant compared to WFD etc. Just sharing what I have to offer.

I want to say something really really snide right now, but to cut it short.

Prof, if you see this..  There was a young man who fought with you to try and get this all resolved.  Do the right thing and be better because of him.

I was thinking the same thing. He tried so hard to straighten things out. I only wish I could thank him for his efforts. Don't let it go in vain.

If SmallFry were still here I know he would be fighting for us. I think it's about time we start doing what he would have been doing if he were still here.
SmallFry! <3

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1247 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:36:35 »
I'm sending out my demand letters tomorrow.  I'll also be contacting the fraud department at my bank as well as small claims court.  I may spend more money doing this and not get parts or money in return, but I just feel robbed.  I'm going to make sure this isn't easy for prof to just take peoples money.  Their are real life consequences for fraud.  If all I get out of this is the knowledge that prof is fined, or went to jail then I will be happy.

Also, I don't know how much truth their is to this, but someone posted that Bill Rishel of the first congregational united church of Christ is his preacher.  You all may want to send him an email or physical letter to let him know what kind of people are populating his church.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1248 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:42:08 »
I'll be sending a demand letter to the prof here:

MOD EDIT: REMOVED

DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:56:33 by jwaz »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1249 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:48:19 »
Please remove the personal information from your post.  It is against the forum TOS that you can find here.

This does need to be resolved and TheProfosist deserves to be called out for his actions here, but don't post his personal info in the open.  If it takes threat of legal action for him to make things right, I'm all for it, but only share that info with people who request it via PM.