Author Topic: [HELP] microswitch references for Roccat mouse tilt button ?  (Read 10521 times)

Offline leguerg

[HELP] microswitch references for Roccat mouse tilt button ?
« on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 08:51:05 »
Hello everyone,

I own a Roccat Kone XTD mouse for few years, and unfortunately one of the "wheel-tilt" microswitches (the right one) is no more functionning. I looked on several websites in order to find a reference number for this little electronic part with no success.
I disassembled the mouse to find a serial number on the microswitch, but there is none (maybe at the bottom, but i didn't disolder the microswitch at the moment).
So I submit my question here, maybe someone more experienced than me could have an idea about the type of microswitch used for "tilt" button on Roccat mice.

Below, is the concerned microswitch, it's a squared electronic part next to the OMRON D2FC microswitch.

Thank you very much for your help!
Regards

Offline gipetto

Re: [HELP] microswitch references for Roccat mouse tilt button ?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:50:25 »
any 2 pin mouse switch will do. the older mice used 2 pin panasonic switches, but there's lots of clones available now https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32834835349.html

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 22:58:26 »
measure the height and check the data sheet. it just has to fit, none of the other specifications matter.

Offline leguerg

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 02:18:16 »
Hello,

Thank you very much for your replies :-)
I'll follow your recommandations, by measuring the switch's height. I saw several references on AliExpress, so i'm quite certain to pick a compatible one.
Regards.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 02:30:59 »
Aliexpress may be cheap but you can probably buy one closer to home and get it weeks quicker for a bit more :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 02:31:06 »
The bigger rectangular microswitches can have different weight though. I wonder if it is the same for the smaller square ones.

Offline leguerg

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 03:58:14 »
Thanks again for your advices and remarks. You're all more helpfull than Roccat's Customer Service, whose answer is "we can do nothing, you're on your own" :-D
Regards