Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Wrapping Up)  (Read 468862 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Production)
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 14:04:23 »
Xondat any update on the 280 blue gray timeline?

I will know after the first batch of boards. Thanks.

Offline axm2

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 21:42:43 »
nvm
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2019, 23:48:05 by axm2 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #452 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 22:31:00 »
Interested in transferring my spot.

Invoice details:

Show Image

might wanna include color and WK/WKL mate
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #453 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 02:04:10 »
Any updates?...

Offline homiechicken

« Reply #454 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 04:19:57 »
With the X60 R completed, can we expect wrist rests to be shipped anytime soon?

I will be shipping early next month, will send shipping invoices/form late this month.

Will have a project update at the end of this month and detail a lot of stuff that's been happening :thumb:

What's the status with this?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #455 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:57:00 »
Any updates?...

Not really. Looking like late June for easy colors. I'll post pictures when I get em.

What's the status with this?

My main focus right now is to clear what I have in my house to create some space - which I'm at the end of (think 10 or so that I'll be sending next week). Then will order boxes, send shipping forms, and get the wrist rests done. Goal is to be at "zero" by the time easy colors come in, and wrist rests are the last on that list.

Offline smoian

« Reply #456 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:42:50 »
Still possible to order a wrist rest?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #457 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:45:02 »
Still possible to order a wrist rest?

I have a couple spares & will sell when the rest are shipped.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 23:14:59 »
Beginning the shipping process for the wrist rests.

PMd everyone that bought one.

If you didn't receive a PM, or would like to buy an extra, please PM me.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:58:33 »
Still on track for delivery to me mid to late June.

Unfortunately, the colors that'll be delivered first have changed due to anodizing constraints. Factory can only do 3/4 colors at a time to achieve good results, so the 4 colors I chose were Black, Silver, Crimson Red, and the normal Red (for plates). This means 7 boards - Pink, Olive, and 2 Ultra Violet tops - won't be in this batch. I believe there are 26 boards in this batch.

However I need to say this as it may affect on fulfillment. I have applied for VAT (value added tax, 20%) exemption for Noxary, which means that shipments that I'm basically "reshipping" can be marked at 0% VAT. This is because I am not the end user, therefore I shouldn't pay taxes. Most manufacturers are fine under-declaring, however even with that, I still don't fancy paying thousands in taxes I shouldn't be. I'm not sure how long the approval process takes, but I will be asking the factory to hold the shipment back until I have the exemption. I'll keep the thread updated on results of that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:26:58 by xondat »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #460 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 23:02:13 »
So, blue gray still a ways off then?

Offline faxe

« Reply #461 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 03:27:30 »
Could you elaborate on what the VAT changes mean to end user? You are hopefully no implying that I will have to pay an additional 20% VAT on a 450 USD keyboard that I paid for over a year ago and whose color needs to be changed. (Yes, I am a little grumpy about the whole thing.)

Regards

Faxe
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #462 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 03:28:58 »
Could you elaborate on what the VAT changes mean to end user? You are hopefully no implying that I will have to pay an additional 20% VAT on a 450 USD keyboard that I paid for over a year ago and whose color needs to be changed. (Yes, I am a little grumpy about the whole thing.)

Regards

Faxe
I second this.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 08:32:45 »
So, blue gray still a ways off then?

Yep, nothing has really changed for Blue Gray. I'd still like to test it with another board before having 280 & 220s anodized. Things will be clearer after this first batch is delivered.

Before the exemption, I would be acting as the end user, therefore paying VAT on each board (which is 20% plus handling fees in the UK).

After the exemption, I do not pay tax on each board (everything is "zero rated"), as I'm shipping them to buyers. Therefore I won't be paying the EU VAT for the end user, but the end user will pay for it.

A really simple way to put it is to check what your import fees/taxes would be if you were to receive something manufactured in China.

Your color does not need to be changed. Could you expand on what you mean by this?

I second this.

Nothing has changed for residents outside the EU.

Please check what your import fees/taxes on items manufactured in China are.

Offline faxe

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 08:40:17 »
So let me get this straight as far as I get this:

I paid 450 USD for a board (with shipping to be added later, fine with that) which would have included you paying the VAT(tax), which of  course you included in your calculations.
Now, you dont pay the VAT, but I will have to, effectly raising the board price by 20% (or 19% VAT in case of germany).
Do I get this right? Will you refund me the 20% VAT you calculated in your price?

ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #465 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 08:50:46 »
Looking to get rid of my spot.

Black, winkey, 5mm brass plate and 2 PCBs.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:10:41 »
So if we are in CONUS we don't need to worry about our boards being further delayed by this VAT issue? Or would they be held up with the rest of the shipment?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:14:53 »
So let me get this straight as far as I get this:

I paid 450 USD for a board (with shipping to be added later, fine with that) which would have included you paying the VAT(tax), which of  course you included in your calculations.
Now, you dont pay the VAT, but I will have to, effectly raising the board price by 20% (or 19% VAT in case of germany).
Do I get this right? Will you refund me the 20% VAT you calculated in your price?

I've previously paid around 2-5% VAT due to manufacturers under declaring. That was included in my general margins - that I'd have to pay a very small amount for taxes and it's more bother to apply for exemption.

My current manufacturer like to do things legally, and declare at full value. This means I'd have to pay over $10,000 USD in VAT when I shouldn't be paying any. Clear decision imo.

I'm sorry it'll effect 5-6 people, but I just can't be paying that much for something I don't have to.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:17:10 »
So if we are in CONUS we don't need to worry about our boards being further delayed by this VAT issue? Or would they be held up with the rest of the shipment?

It'll only affect this first shipment as it won't be sent until the proper information is on it. I might get the proper info before it ships, in which it shouldn't delay.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:24:11 »
Unfortunately the colors have changed a little bit due to anodizing constraints.
Your color does not need to be changed. Could you expand on what you mean by this?

Source of confusion is that line.

Do you mean the colors look different than originally planned or does that line directly tie in to the next thing you say about producing 3/4 colors, at a time?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:29:15 »
Unfortunately the colors have changed a little bit due to anodizing constraints.

Source of confusion is that line.

Do you mean the colors look different than originally planned or does that line directly tie in to the next thing you say about producing 3/4 colors, at a time?

Edited it a little bit.

Colors don't need to change, but the colors in the first batch for delivery have changed.

Offline faxe

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:46:04 »
Offering Blue Gray 280 Slot, Case, PCB, Universal Brass Plate
300 USD including paypal fees.
Once transaction is concluded I want nothing to do with this anymore, prospective buyers are responsible for any and all charges that may or may not appear afterwards.
Will throw in set of GMK Stabs and CiC stickers for free :)

Offline ramblinrose

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:52:25 »
Offering Blue Gray 280 Slot, Case, PCB, Universal Brass Plate
300 USD including paypal fees.
Once transaction is concluded I want nothing to do with this anymore, prospective buyers are responsible for any and all charges that may or may not appear afterwards.
Will throw in set of GMK Stabs and CiC stickers for free :)

Sent ya a pm.

Offline .

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:55:04 »
Might actually be cheaper having it shipped to someone in the US and have that person undervalue & ship back to the EU for those in the EU.

Now of course, we're not doing that because we're not doing anything that would be considered 'illegal', right?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:08:05 »
Might actually be cheaper having it shipped to someone in the US and have that person undervalue & ship back to the EU for those in the EU.

Show Image

Now of course, we're not doing that because we're not doing anything that would be considered 'illegal', right?

I can ship to wherever someone wants, and all packages will be declared at full value. :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #475 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:18:19 »
This means I'd have to pay over $10,000 USD in VAT when I shouldn't be paying any. Clear decision imo.

Yesn't. You do pay it initially, but recoup it #1 during sale to a EU buyer by including VAT in the price or #2 declare your exports to outside EU and then get the VAT refunded by your government as you did not collect VAT on those sales.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:24:08 »
This means I'd have to pay over $10,000 USD in VAT when I shouldn't be paying any. Clear decision imo.

Yesn't. You do pay it initially, but recoup it #1 during sale to a EU buyer by including VAT in the price or #2 declare your exports to outside EU and then get the VAT refunded by your government as you did not collect VAT on those sales.

Yeah, I'd have to register to collect VAT for that, which is different to registering to be zero rated in the UK.

I also don't have $10k to loan to the government which is why I went for zero rated.

Offline .

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:26:04 »

From what I understand, sales to countries outside of the EU do not include VAT and sales inside of the EU do include VAT.

From gov.uk:
If you supply goods to a customer in another EU country who is not registered for VAT in that country and you’re responsible for delivery, this is a ‘distance sale’. The most common examples are mail order or internet sales to private individuals in another EU country.
If you sell goods or services to someone who is not VAT-registered in another EU country, you must charge VAT in the normal way, just as you would for a UK customer. You include the sale in your VAT Return for the period when the tax point takes place.

source

Edit: the price people paid for these boards did include VAT, whether you like it or not. You should not have them pay for VAT twice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:31:14 by . »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #478 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:02:45 »
From what I understand, sales to countries outside of the EU do not include VAT and sales inside of the EU do include VAT.

From gov.uk:
If you supply goods to a customer in another EU country who is not registered for VAT in that country and you’re responsible for delivery, this is a ‘distance sale’. The most common examples are mail order or internet sales to private individuals in another EU country.
If you sell goods or services to someone who is not VAT-registered in another EU country, you must charge VAT in the normal way, just as you would for a UK customer. You include the sale in your VAT Return for the period when the tax point takes place.

source

Edit: the price people paid for these boards did include VAT, whether you like it or not. You should not have them pay for VAT twice.

Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it more.

I'll probably find a professional that knows how to do this stuff...

Offline Genn

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:16:13 »

Show Image

I can ship to wherever someone wants, and all packages will be declared at full value. :thumb:

Declared at full value? Come on, most runners have made tons of GBs declaring the boards for lower than full value and had no issues whatsoever. I’m not interested in paying 50% import taxes on +$700. I love the design and have waited patiently for long enough, and this is a huge slap to the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jlee755

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:26:55 »
hi xondat, i sent you a pm

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:01:26 »

Show Image

Declared at full value? Come on, most runners have made tons of GBs declaring the boards for lower than full value and had no issues whatsoever. I’m not interested in paying 50% import taxes on +$700. I love the design and have waited patiently for long enough, and this is a huge slap to the face.

To be fair to Xondat, iirc he's always said he won't mark down. People shouldn't enter GBs expecting the runner to break the law. And who would you expect to pay for a damaged or missing keyboard if something went awry in the post with a board declared under value?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 17:52:36 »
Agree, undervaluing should not be expected. Paying vat twice also shouldn’t though.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 20:13:35 »
hi xondat, i sent you a pm

Address changes - better to say on the thread since a lot of people ask :p

If you are changing address, all you need to do is fill out the shipping form when your board is ready with the address you want.

Any address you previously used on PayPal is not regarded, and only the address on the form matters.

When paying the shipping invoice, please make sure your address is correct on PayPal so that it matches the shipping form.

Offline Genn

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 20:31:26 »

Show Image

To be fair to Xondat, iirc he's always said he won't mark down. People shouldn't enter GBs expecting the runner to break the law. And who would you expect to pay for a damaged or missing keyboard if something went awry in the post with a board declared under value?

Clearly, that’d be on me, if I don’t want to pay for insurance I should be the one losing in case anything goes wrong. If this was already mentioned, then my bad, I wasn’t aware.

Still, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be an option for us (buyers) to take the risk. I’ve never had issues with parcels getting lost, damaged, etc.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:42:24 »
Just to clear up some things:

I'm not making anyone pay VAT twice. If I have to pay VAT for the few EUs so they don't pay it twice, then fine, but I'll have to save up to pay for those.

Nothing has legally changed from when the group buy ran. I am still trying to figure out this as it's obviously a complex issue.

This only affects EU residents regarding the VAT. The first shipment might be delayed so the proper export/import codes are being used.

Regarding undervaluing, I believe I have to prove that all products received were shipped to customers. If each kit is valued at $500 to me, I can't send a few out at $250 as then there will be inconsistencies. I can look into it more, but as far as I'm aware, it's illegal.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:59:40 »
It's not a complex issue, it's the absolute basis knowledge of how to run a business.

You shouldn't handle up to a hundred k USD or more of other people's money without knowing anything about this.

I am actually speechless, and yes it's how oblotkzi explained it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 23:09:25 »
It's not a complex issue, it's the absolute basis knowledge of how to run a business.

You shouldn't handle up to a hundred k USD or more of other people's money without knowing anything about this.

One way of doing it is the way Oblotzky explained, but that isn't applicable to someone with the majority of non-EU exports.

As far as I understand, and I'm happy for anyone versed in EU/UK VAT law to correct me:
  • Non-EU - I prove export, no VAT is paid. Two ways to do this:
    • (1) Register for zero rated VAT, pay 0% on import, prove export.
    • (2) Pay 20% for all items, prove export, claim back VAT from the government.
  • EU - items rated at 20% VAT, I pay VAT for the buyer.
I do not have the thousands for option 2, therefore I'm going for option 1.

Fairly sure I've misread information regarding the VAT for EU buyers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 23:11:54 by xondat »

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #488 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 17:56:24 »

One way of doing it is the way Oblotzky explained, but that isn't applicable to someone with the majority of non-EU exports.

As far as I understand, and I'm happy for anyone versed in EU/UK VAT law to correct me:

There are no import taxes for shipments that are between EU countries, so there is no way of anyone to ask for money, how would that work? Do you put a sticker that read 'RECIPIENT HAS TO PAY 83 EUROS' in all caps?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #489 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 18:32:16 »

There are no import taxes for shipments that are between EU countries, so there is no way of anyone to ask for money, how would that work? Do you put a sticker that read 'RECIPIENT HAS TO PAY 83 EUROS' in all caps?

I was going to call my DHL representative to discuss it, since you can change how something is delivered (e.g. who pays taxes, if taxes are paid, etc). Basically yeah though. However seems like I won't be doing that and I'll take the loss for each EU order.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #490 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 09:56:52 »

Thought I'd post this as I noticed.

Left side - old factory.
Right side - new factory.

Both silver anodizing. Right side is much smoother, both in feel and visually.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #491 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 10:44:02 »
Silver looking really nice. Just out of curiosity, is red considered one of the "easy colors?"

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #492 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 11:06:21 »
Silver looking really nice. Just out of curiosity, is red considered one of the "easy colors?"

Black, Silver, Crimson Red (for cases), and normal Red (for plates) are in the first batch.

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
« Reply #493 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 12:41:30 »
LF for Black or Silver WKL spot if anyones selling  :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #494 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 22:52:20 »
Just sent out the shipping payment information to wrist rest participants. Please LMK if you didn't receive. Thanks.

Offline nicduim

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 08:49:43 »
Anyone with a WKL Blue Grey order that would like to swap to a WK Blue Grey?

I have an WK Blue Grey on order although swapped to using WKL in the last year and find I prefer it. Figure this would be the best chance to swap if anyones looking to change over as us Blue-Grey orderers still waiting a bit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #496 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 08:51:28 »
Anyone with a WKL Blue Grey order that would like to swap to a WK Blue Grey?

I have an WK Blue Grey on order although swapped to using WKL in the last year and find I prefer it. Figure this would be the best chance to swap if anyones looking to change over as us Blue-Grey orderers still waiting a bit.

I can swap you over as there are extras for Blue Gray. LMK.

Offline nicduim

« Reply #497 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 09:04:45 »
Confirmed. Please swap me over to WKL! Glad I asked now.

Edit: I fail not to quote! Will PM xondat.

Offline smoian

« Reply #498 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 12:45:59 »
Just sent out the shipping payment information to wrist rest participants. Please LMK if you didn't receive. Thanks.

I didn't receive shipping info - I DM'd you my PayPal on Discord.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't check Discord before posting. Received!
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 June 2019, 13:08:10 by smoian »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 10:33:11 »
I applied for the wrong VAT exemption (and was obviously rejected), so I've applied for the correct one now. Not sure when I'll get accepted but shipment will be held until the proper export codes are on it.

As a reminder, no one will be charged extra by me.
  • Non-EU - no VAT is charged to me or you, since the customer is not in the EU
  • EU - I have technically already charged it, customer will not pay additional.
An easier way of understanding it is that for an order where I charge $500, non-EU paid $500 base, whereas EU paid $400 base + $100 VAT (and I effectively undercharged 20% on the base $400).