Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 341862 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:37:43 »
Just got a free copy of Vermintide II. Anybody played it or the first one and have any opinions of it they'd like to share?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:38:59 »
Just got a free copy of Vermintide II. Anybody played it or the first one and have any opinions of it they'd like to share?
I too got a free copy of it, I've got it downloaded but haven't booted it up yet.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:31:32 »
My first experience with an Oculus was also back in 2014 or 2015. One of my coworkers brought in his dev kit and I played Dread Halls - by far the most terrifying game I've ever played. I couldn't play it for more than 10-15 minutes before I quit.  :))

Yea I couldn't justify the price back then, but they lowered the price to $400 with the touch controllers.

I'll check out that Dread Halls game too. I'm looking into getting Doom 3 working with VR as well. Seems to have a lot of positive feedback for it.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 19:52:28 »
My first experience with an Oculus was also back in 2014 or 2015. One of my coworkers brought in his dev kit and I played Dread Halls - by far the most terrifying game I've ever played. I couldn't play it for more than 10-15 minutes before I quit.  :))

Yea I couldn't justify the price back then, but they lowered the price to $400 with the touch controllers.

I'll check out that Dread Halls game too. I'm looking into getting Doom 3 working with VR as well. Seems to have a lot of positive feedback for it.

I have the samsungearvr for my fone,  I only played with it for a few days.. Severe eyeball pain..

It's unfortunate Tp4 am incompatible with VR xperience.. sigh....

Was really xcited about it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:35:19 »
I have the samsungearvr for my fone,  I only played with it for a few days.. Severe eyeball pain..

The fully fledged VR experience is VERY different to the one you get with just a phone. If you get a change to try the Oculus or PSVR I would recommend it. I used the Oculus on a flight simulator and threw up fairly soon after. Going off the moves I was pulling in the planes, it was fairly realistic...

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:28:15 »
Full VR is definitely nothing like phone VR. Phone VR gives me a headache after about 30 minutes but I was comfortable for a couple of hours with the Oculus.

It's pretty good. Markiplier actually played it a few years ago too if you are interested in watching it.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:52:10 »
Full VR is definitely nothing like phone VR. Phone VR gives me a headache after about 30 minutes but I was comfortable for a couple of hours with the Oculus.

It's pretty good. Markiplier actually played it a few years ago too if you are interested in watching it.

I quite like Narcosis as VR "Horror" game

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 16:55:01 »

Yea the Samsung and cheaper VR headsets are not true VR, like Blaise and katushkin said. They sell a bunch of headsets labeled as VR at Target too, which is kinda infuriating as they are not true VR headsets either. It's gonna ruin the experience for people and they're never gonna touch VR again.

If you can, definitely try out a real VR headset like Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive. The Vive is better if you have a very large play area, since you can actually move around and the game will register it. The Rift is better if you have a small play area, like an apartment.

I'll check that out later, I'm sure it's gonna make me scream like a little girl at least a couple times lol.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 18:03:32 »
I'm  definitely not one for immersive horror games, but the one thing I know I would spend a lot of time on would be Skyrim VR.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #509 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:08:14 »
I'm  definitely not one for immersive horror games, but the one thing I know I would spend a lot of time on would be Skyrim VR.

Ah I should prolly give that a try too. I never really got into Skyrim or most of the Bethesda games though.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #510 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:18:44 »
Does replaying RDR2 trailers over and over count as 'playing'?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #511 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 23:21:43 »
fortnite

Offline haanuman

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 05:13:45 »
fortnite

Pretty trendy game for now.

So there's a game called Valley, (note: NOT stardew valley. Just Valley. It's a completely different game.) released within the last year. It's almost a 3D platformer--you run fast, jump fast, and explore this lovely Valley, and the obligatory sinister research group that inhabits it.

It's the perfect weekend game for a stressful week. It's so satisfying to get the jumps and runs timed right, and just float across the landscape. And the landscape is chill and lovely (except for the parts that are scary and lovely). I think the devs have/had VR hopes for the game; I'd certainly love to play it with a headset.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #513 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:18:57 »
Kinda sad but, I recently 'completed' Mario 64 (85 stars-- :-[). I would not recommend playing through Mario 64 on an original NDS. Yikes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #514 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:52:55 »
Kinda sad but, I recently 'completed' Mario 64 (85 stars-- :-[). I would not recommend playing through Mario 64 on an original NDS. Yikes.

i found mario 64 really confusing. never got through it myself..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #515 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 08:12:49 »

i found mario 64 really confusing. never got through it myself..

When I was old enough to earn a few coins I bought a Playstation instead of an N64 (I was convinced that CDs were better than cartridges). After that I bought a PS2 (shocker). So yea

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:58:14 »
CDs are better than cartridges in my opinion, because reliability wise a CD doesn't degrade much over the years. Cartridges oxidize much more rapidly when left to their own devices.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #517 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:02:37 »
CDs are better than cartridges in my opinion, because reliability wise a CD doesn't degrade much over the years. Cartridges oxidize much more rapidly when left to their own devices.

Nope.
Cartridges can be restored and cleaned much more easily than CDs. CDs rot, and forget trying to get them to play when there are scratches and scuffs.
With a little rubbing alcohol, you can open up cartridges and clean them really well and they'll play perfectly.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:18:02 »
Depends on definition of reliability I guess. Of course if you leave a CD on the floor, it may get scratched or even shatter, but left in a case, they have a life expectancy well longer than most anyone alive today. Some scratches can be cleaned too, if you have the right product. Of course you can be more rough with a cartridge and it will keep working but that's not really what I meant by reliability.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #519 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:37:59 »
Some ~20yrs later I now know that I can clean the oxidization off cartridge contacts, but I can't clean the oxidization from the metal in a CD.

I should check out Ocarina Of Time or perhaps some of the older Zelda games tho. I feel like mario 64 was just the beginning. Maybe grab a console instead of slumming it with the NDS.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 11:29:46 »
Some ~20yrs later I now know that I can clean the oxidization off cartridge contacts, but I can't clean the oxidization from the metal in a CD.

I should check out Ocarina Of Time or perhaps some of the older Zelda games tho. I feel like mario 64 was just the beginning. Maybe grab a console instead of slumming it with the NDS.

check the internals, make sure nothing corroded i think the batteries might be able to do that given enough time.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 11:32:13 »

check the internals, make sure nothing corroded i think the batteries might be able to do that given enough time.

Do N64 carts have batteries for saves? I can't remember.

I know NES and GB/C/A cartridges do. Those can be replaced, and there are even things you can solder onto the PCB so that, in the future, to replace the battery all you have to do is swap them out instead of having to desolder and solder every time.

For cleaning, I open them up and use rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shell and contacts. Here's the guide I follow: http://retrorgb.com/cleangames.html.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 11:56:53 »

I know NES and GB/C/A cartridges do. Those can be replaced, and there are even things you can solder onto the PCB so that, in the future, to replace the battery all you have to do is swap them out instead of having to desolder and solder every time.

For cleaning, I open them up and use rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shell and contacts. Here's the guide I follow: http://retrorgb.com/cleangames.html.

Looks like battery replacement is pretty easy either way. I'll have to remember that Brasso trick.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+64+Game+Cartridge+Battery+Replacement+WITHOUT+LOSING+SAVE+FILES./66433

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Change-Game-Boy-Cartridge-Battery/ (I guess without losing save files as well)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #523 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:01:48 »

Looks like battery replacement is pretty easy either way. I'll have to remember that Brasso trick.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+64+Game+Cartridge+Battery+Replacement+WITHOUT+LOSING+SAVE+FILES./66433

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Change-Game-Boy-Cartridge-Battery/ (I guess without losing save files as well)
Yeah, I just need to learn to solder. :D

The Brasso should be done only in extreme cases. I had to use it once on a Kirby cartridge. Would not play before; after the Brasso it worked, but the colors were wrong. Don't know what the heck the previous owner did to it.

As for preserving saves, you can invest in cart dumpers. I got a GB/C one off Tindie for about $20.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:30:55 »

The Brasso should be done only in extreme cases. I had to use it once on a Kirby cartridge. Would not play before; after the Brasso it worked, but the colors were wrong. Don't know what the heck the previous owner did to it.

As for preserving saves, you can invest in cart dumpers. I got a GB/C one off Tindie for about $20.

I'd love to preserve that old Dragon Warrior 1 cart I use to own; 120+ hrs lost forever. Dumping the cart and soldering on a fresh battery sounds like the better plan.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:40:12 »

I'd love to preserve that old Dragon Warrior 1 cart I use to own; 120+ hrs lost forever. Dumping the cart and soldering on a fresh battery sounds like the better plan.

Here's what I have:
https://www.tindie.com/products/JRodrigo/cart-flasher-for-gameboy/

Boy, it really shot in price. Pretty sure I paid half of that a few years ago, including the 3D-printed case.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:49:45 »
i read into the breach looks good..

and they are billions.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:16:02 »

Here's what I have:

Boy, it really shot in price. Pretty sure I paid half of that a few years ago, including the 3D-printed case.

To be fair,  even $42 (atm) seems reasonable for what it does.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:26:26 »

Here's what I have:

To be fair,  even $42 (atm) seems reasonable for what it does.

True that, homeslice. I was looking at other pre-made ones and they go for about double. Maybe the maker realized that and bumped the price.  :p

It's very useful if you want to preserve games from your childhood, and if you have saves off the 'net you can load them into the games too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #529 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:55:42 »
I did the gameboy thing a while back.. nostalgia only lasted so long until my eyeballs went.. YEA,, this is exactly how i remembered it..

I went as far as play through the pain for ~45 minutes..  then gave in.. packed it up.. never picked it up again. hahahahaha

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #530 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 14:14:13 »
packed it up.. never picked it up again. hahahahaha

I'll take it!

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #531 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 23:40:59 »
PUBG!! Down with Fortnite!!

Offline aya3154

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:24:22 »
Black future 88 (in Beta now)

Offline SJHL

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 13:34:21 »
Started to play Dauntless while I wait for Monster Hunter World for PC.

Overall, not bad.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 14:44:11 »
Middle-earth: Shadow of War and AC: Origins, I like games that involve stealth and stuff like that  :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #535 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:23:22 »
Civ 5 bingeing for the past week, but looking for a new 4x game to whet my fancy. Preferably something fantasy flavored, but cannot decide between picking up Age Of Wonders III or Endless Legend.  :confused:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #536 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 07:58:28 »
Civ 5 bingeing for the past week, but looking for a new 4x game to whet my fancy. Preferably something fantasy flavored, but cannot decide between picking up Age Of Wonders III or Endless Legend.  :confused:

Into the Breachhhh

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 21:01:17 »
Started playing FFXV on PC... OMG, THE CLOTHING FLIES EVERYWHERE!! Trying to fix the bug w/o capping at 30 fps, lol.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 21:39:40 »
Started playing FFXV on PC... OMG, THE CLOTHING FLIES EVERYWHERE!! Trying to fix the bug w/o capping at 30 fps, lol.

This is what you deserve for playing games with nekkid jap girlz..

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 22:13:02 »

This is what you deserve for playing games with nekkid jap girlz..

I'd probably welcome this kind of bug in one of those games, hahaha!

Offline ramblinrose

« Reply #540 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 08:17:54 »
Been playing Shadowrun Returns lately. Pretty fun, although it's a very simplified rpg - not much for loot, progression is pretty simple, and haven't seen much regarding consequences for my decisions.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #541 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:35:44 »
Started playing Wreckfest yesterday put maybe 2 and a half hours into it. Certainly seems a lot more solid than when I tried it 3 or 4 years ago on early access.

It's been an absolute cakewalk so far challenge wise however. I've won every race fairly comfortably. It's certainly no Flatout 2 in that regard.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #542 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 16:05:24 »
I just bought Streets of Rogue yesterday and it's awesome so far lol.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #543 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 16:24:02 »
I play basically the same games I always play which are DotA and Path of exile.

Though recently i've been playing a lot of Slay the Spire which is freaking soo fun and challenging.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #544 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:05:15 »
Broke down and got Age Of Wonders 3 after a lot of research, but can't really get into it so far. It's really difficult for me, I spent well over an hour trying to kill 2 horses with an entire undead army. They weren't even special horses, just normal goddamn horses and they kept destroying all my units like it was nothing.  >:D

Offline glack23

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 19:28:42 »
cave in and bought Mario Odyssey. fun but i still miss the 2D Mario

Offline sinkingstepz

« Reply #546 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 21:50:03 »

Real fun game, would definitely recommend if you like Left 4 Dead or first person slashers

Offline mittyzz

• Pet kitties play with _______...
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:19:02 »
Been sucked into Fork Knife. Hoping to start a new Path of Exile toon after vacation though!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #548 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:08:48 »
Been sucked into Fork Knife. Hoping to start a new Path of Exile toon after vacation though!

If you're playing in the ISC league and want some twink uniques feel free to hit me up. AcejuggEQ is my character name!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Blurple33

« Reply #549 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:12:14 »
I picked up Rocket League not too long ago.  I finally understand why people have been playing it & how fun it is  :)