Author Topic: CHERRY's Offer to You  (Read 13228 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: CHERRY's Offer to You
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 18:47:21 »
pmd

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 18:47:41 »
Also pmd
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 18:54:26 »
pm'd

Offline Sniping

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 19:15:53 »
You should probably specify a website like 10fastfingers or typeracer for testing WPM just to make sure that one test isn't easier than another.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 20:54:27 »
Thanks for thinking of me folks, but I will pass. I tried the MX 2.0 and didn't like it... and the 3.0 is not that much different. I still prefer the older ones by far. Nothing beats the real Cherry classic profile keycaps and those flat ones are a huge mistake.

I would love to see Cherry do some more limited editions... but more creative than the anniversary board. I think bringing back some of the older models for limited runs like the G80-077X with a little update to USB would be very awesome. Or do some colorful boards, like an all X color board with matching colorful POM keycaps.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 20:57:24 »
If binge doesn't want to go first, I'd like to go first

Also will you let us open up the thing for pics? I'll be extra careful :D

Offline russm

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:37:37 »
Sure. I'm not that well known but as with many here, spend a lot of my time at a computer, so I would have opinions. And I already know my WPM will be in the neighborhood of 60 ... has been across multiple keyboards so far.

Southern corner of Washington state, along the I-5 corridor; it says as much in my profile. I'll PM you shortly should I be accepted into the secret club of factory sponsored reviewers.
Your #4 on the list so it wont be long, your accepted.

Offline russm

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:43:44 »
You should probably specify a website like 10fastfingers or typeracer for testing WPM just to make sure that one test isn't easier than another.
I don't mind either of these sites and there is always www.typingtest.com/ I trust that everyone will play fair and the community is pretty solid as far as I can see. Please let me know what you all tink of which sight to use.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:58:42 by russm »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:47:34 »
Good Day Geek Hack Community.
 I am a product marketing manager for CHERRY’s keyboard and mice division. I wanted to introduce myself and make an offer to the Geek Hack community. What I would like to propose would be to send one of our New MX 3.0 (Red Keys) boards to one of your skilled members, let them evaluate the board, then pass it along to the next member of the group Etc. to evaluate as you would like.
 I would expect nothing less than your honest thoughts posted on this board and for you to pass along the keyboard to the next member of your group for evaluation in the US ONLY. You can send me the individual scans of the freight receipts for the first 10 transfers and I will reimburse you for the first 10 receipts I get. I would propose a 2 month timeline to give as many of you as possible a chance to evaluate the MX 3.0 keyboard.
 I would consider whoever posted the fastest WPM on the unit on the web site would get to keep the board or whatever thoughts you would have would be fine for me.
The CHERRY USA Marketing team is excited to have some of the most knowledgeable keyboard enthusiast’s in the world give our company feedback on our new products and future enhancements.
 Please PM me or reply with any questions you have and if you agree to the proposal please advise me with an address and recipient’s name and I will ship the MX 3.0 keyboard to them.
If there is already an established process for submitting an item for your review, please advise.
Thank You for your time!
Russm

(Attachment Link)

Um sorry, you guys have already started out with a big mistake.

ISO layout?

Why are you guys so conservative that everything has to be European layout?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:50:37 »

ISO layout?

This board uses a removable USB Cable (included)and is an ANSI board.

Offline russm

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:54:58 »
Thanks for thinking of me folks, but I will pass. I tried the MX 2.0 and didn't like it... and the 3.0 is not that much different. I still prefer the older ones by far. Nothing beats the real Cherry classic profile keycaps and those flat ones are a huge mistake.

I would love to see Cherry do some more limited editions... but more creative than the anniversary board. I think bringing back some of the older models for limited runs like the G80-077X with a little update to USB would be very awesome. Or do some colorful boards, like an all X color board with matching colorful POM keycaps.
Good Day IvanIvanovich
Thank you so much for you feedback, I will take all your good ideas to the R& D team especially the remake of the G80-077X board. I have been looking for different key caps just to sell as a third party accessories so please recommend vendor.
Thank you again for responding, people on this forum think very highly of you and it is a pleasure to chat with you!

Offline russm

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:57:44 »

Thank you, I surely don't mind if someone opens the unit up but please just one person and share pictures online.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:58:07 »

Good Day IvanIvanovich
Thank you so much for you feedback, I will take all your good ideas to the R& D team especially the remake of the G80-077X board. I have been looking for different key caps just to sell as a third party accessories so please recommend vendor.
Thank you again for responding, people on this forum think very highly of you and it is a pleasure to chat with you!

Ivan's going to say imsto thick PBT :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 21:58:36 »

Thank you, I surely don't mind if someone opens the unit up but please just one person and share pictures online.

Since I already mentioned opening it up first and am later on in the run, I'll go ahead and open it up. :)

Ivan's going to say imsto thick PBT :))

Or BSP or GMK.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:01:17 »
Nubbs can go first. He takes better pics. And he's pretty close by so shipping won't take long :p

Offline russm

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:02:50 »
Good Day Geek Hack Community.
 I am a product marketing manager for CHERRY’s keyboard and mice division. I wanted to introduce myself and make an offer to the Geek Hack community. What I would like to propose would be to send one of our New MX 3.0 (Red Keys) boards to one of your skilled members, let them evaluate the board, then pass it along to the next member of the group Etc. to evaluate as you would like.
 I would expect nothing less than your honest thoughts posted on this board and for you to pass along the keyboard to the next member of your group for evaluation in the US ONLY. You can send me the individual scans of the freight receipts for the first 10 transfers and I will reimburse you for the first 10 receipts I get. I would propose a 2 month timeline to give as many of you as possible a chance to evaluate the MX 3.0 keyboard.
 I would consider whoever posted the fastest WPM on the unit on the web site would get to keep the board or whatever thoughts you would have would be fine for me.
The CHERRY USA Marketing team is excited to have some of the most knowledgeable keyboard enthusiast’s in the world give our company feedback on our new products and future enhancements.
 Please PM me or reply with any questions you have and if you agree to the proposal please advise me with an address and recipient’s name and I will ship the MX 3.0 keyboard to them.
If there is already an established process for submitting an item for your review, please advise.
Thank You for your time!
Russm

(Attachment Link)

ISO layout?

Good Day
 I am sorry I can't speak for the designers in Germany.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:18:38 »
Instead of doing the fastest WPM thing, why don't you make it so that whoever provides the most constructive and substantive feedback (chosen by you or your marketing team) gets to keep the keyboard.

Offline russm

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:19:37 »
Nubbs can go first. He takes better pics. And he's pretty close by so shipping won't take long :p
Fine with me!

Offline russm

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:27:57 »
Instead of doing the fastest WPM thing, why don't you make it so that whoever provides the most constructive and substantive feedback (chosen by you or your marketing team) gets to keep the keyboard.
That would be a good thing for me but I don't really like to judge peoples thoughts and decide winners and loser, I truly want honest opinions and don't want the opportunity to win something to influence what anyone would say. I like contest like the first one to the finish line wins (Old Drag racer) or if you knock a guy down and he doesn't get up your the winner (martial artist), great thought though!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 08:15:22 »
I volunteer myself to go first. I take good pictures, I'll write a review, and I have a blazing 80 WPM.

Offline russm

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 16:00:27 »
I volunteer myself to go first. I take good pictures, I'll write a review, and I have a blazing 80 WPM.
Good Day CPTBadAss
 That would be fine for me as long as it is fine with the communitty, I will check back next week and see were we are then.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 18:25:14 »
Can I still get my name on the list? If so, I'll pm my details your way.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 March 2014, 18:27:37 by Air tree »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 19:56:34 »
Would love to see the opinions from GHers on this board
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline russm

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 23:25:48 »
Can I still get my name on the list? If so, I'll pm my details your way.
Sure can welcome to the CHERRY Tour and good luck!
Russm

Offline russm

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 23:29:50 »
Would love to see the opinions from GHers on this board
Me To!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:31:01 »
What profile are the keycaps? DSA?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 22:34:41 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 21:32:33 »
I am an angry gamer, as well as oft rambunctiously drunken writer and I'm sure I could put the board through it's paces. Cheeto print free upon return however, is not a guarantee.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 07:59:13 »
It's times like this I wish I posted  :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 01:39:38 »
This thread has been locked because it violates the vendor terms of service agreement. We are currently discussing what actions to take in response. Please wait while we discuss the matter internally and with russm. Until then, we ask that everyone hold their interest. Thanks.