Author Topic: Quality LED?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline DSlayerZX

Quality LED?
« on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 17:33:27 »
So.... with the new Massdrop that comes with the possibility of LED back light control, I am considering doing some LED modding.

How ever, Here is some of my concerns.

years ago, I have decided to modify some of the LEDs on my deck keyboard, the modification works.... how ever, I notice that when dimmed down, the LED has different brightness.

They look and works fine at full brightness, but the variation in light level was very obvious at low light level.

Has anyone experienced this?   

Does anyone know which company/seller provides 3mm LED with good consistency between them?

(or do we still have to hand match everyone of them)

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Re: Quality LED?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:51:06 »
Personally, I'd go by batches, to ensure consistency between the LEDs. In terms of LEDs, a lot of us use 2x3x4 LEDs and some use 1.8mm LEDs.

Offline DSlayerZX

Re: Quality LED?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 19:57:27 »
Personally, I'd go by batches, to ensure consistency between the LEDs. In terms of LEDs, a lot of us use 2x3x4 LEDs and some use 1.8mm LEDs.

Huh, I guess I am out of the DIY world too long, it's really one of the first time I ever heard of 2X3X4 LEDs.
I"ll look it up.

(Is there any general spec for custom LED in which I need to be aware of? like operating voltage, etc.