Author Topic: Easiest/best way to search/track GB's meeting certain criteria?  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Special K

Easiest/best way to search/track GB's meeting certain criteria?
« on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 13:27:28 »
What is the easiest way to search/track group buys that meet certain criteria?  I'm interested in full GMK keycap set GBs only, but am finding that keeping
up with this requires visiting multiple websites (GH, MD, vendors, others?) on at least a weekly basis and manually reviewing page after page of GB's and filtering
out ones that aren't what I'm looking for.  GH's own GB summary page hasn't been updated in months:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

MD's mechanical keyboard page lumps all keyboard drops together, forcing me to go through page after page of mechanical keyboard-related drops that aren't what I'm looking for.

Am I missing an easier way to do this?
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2
IBM Model M 1391401 - 11/13/87

Quote from: ripster
LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Easiest/best way to search/track GB's meeting certain criteria?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:04:59 »
What is the easiest way to search/track group buys that meet certain criteria?  I'm interested in full GMK keycap set GBs only, but am finding that keeping
up with this requires visiting multiple websites (GH, MD, vendors, others?) on at least a weekly basis and manually reviewing page after page of GB's and filtering
out ones that aren't what I'm looking for.  GH's own GB summary page hasn't been updated in months:

MD's mechanical keyboard page lumps all keyboard drops together, forcing me to go through page after page of mechanical keyboard-related drops that aren't what I'm looking for.

The easier way is just to go here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=70.0

And click on Notify in the top right of the listing box.

Or use the search function and type "[IC] GMK" or [GB] GMK"

I mostly keep up to date with Geekhack.

Offline Special K

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:37:18 »

The easier way is just to go here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=70.0

And click on Notify in the top right of the listing box.

Or use the search function and type "[IC] GMK" or [GB] GMK"

I mostly keep up to date with Geekhack.

Using the notify feature will notify me of all new GB topics, correct?  As in there is no way to only be notified of new threads matching specific criteria?

Also this would exclude ones that launch on MD, such as GMK Laser, which had an IC thread here but no GB.
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2

LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:41:22 »
Using the notify feature will notify me of all new GB topics, correct?  As in there is no way to only be notified of new threads matching specific criteria?

Also this would exclude ones that launch on MD, such as GMK Laser, which had an IC thread here but no GB.

To put it shortly, no.

To give you a tip, just use your Gmail/email filters to handle it.

Offline Special K

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:51:08 »

To put it shortly, no.

To give you a tip, just use your Gmail/email filters to handle it.

That's a good alternative.  I'll just add a notification to the GB Forum, join MD (and whoever else's) mailing list, and then use Gmail to send everything to junk that doesn't match "GMK".  Hopefully the digest emails contain a listing of all new threads/GB's and don't force me to login to the website to see the complete list, otherwise the filter won't work.
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:56:33 »
That's a good alternative.  I'll just add a notification to the GB Forum, join MD (and whoever else's) mailing list, and then use Gmail to send everything to junk that doesn't match "GMK".  Hopefully the digest emails contain a listing of all new threads/GB's and don't force me to login to the website to see the complete list, otherwise the filter won't work.

You can probably narrow it down as you go. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the traffic. There's a lot of ICs, and GBs are normally open for about a whole month, so it's not that easy to miss out.