Author Topic: Chording Keybard built into phone case  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Christian_Bailey

Chording Keybard built into phone case
« on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 14:50:36 »
So this was my first PDA. If hadn't lost it somewhere along the line, I would still be using it occasionally today, 30 years out-of-date! No pocket device is available today to take notes without ever looking down. Which was great for in-person meetings, or walking down the street! Although the chording alphabet seems a hurdle at first, I became fluent in it in under an hour, and it sounds like that’s typical. http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/13151/Microwriter-AgendA-32K/

(To type in chording mode, thumb and fingers never move from the five large, unlabeled keys.)

My dream is to build one into an easily-removable, slim smartphone case that would connect by Bluetooth so it could be used both walking down the street and removed and placed next to the iPhone on a table in a meeting. That form-factor would require custom keys to remain slim I believe.

Has anyone seen anything like this? If not, I think this would be a killer kickstarter. I would be happy to play a key role in a team or just lend strong support. Is anyone else interested?