Author Topic: First KeyBoard  (Read 2401 times)

Offline dragonuck

First KeyBoard
« on: Tue, 08 August 2023, 16:34:35 »
HI All

So this is my first look at buying a mechanical Keyboard.   I have listen to many videos like Hipyo Tech, Switch and Click etc...
Im looking for a good board, not to expensive.  Aluminum case, 75% compact (similar to the MKC75 and better), Tri-mode, per key RGB, in black, knob.  Any recommendations of upcoming Group Buys similar to the Zoom75 or MKC75 (wish they did a tri-mode with RGB)
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2023, 02:11:29 by dragonuck »

Offline LavenderB

• I believe in unix control supremacy
Re: First KeyBoard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 06:39:10 »
Unless you can get a zoom75 on the aftermarket or your local vendor has extras, you might have to compromise and get an mkc75 or a monsgeek m1w, which has tri-mode and rgb, but is an exploded 75% layout.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline dragonuck

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 09:10:57 »
@LavenderB  so between the Zoom75 and MKC75 - the $$ for value would be the MKC75, but my issue there is the RGB not being on the Tri-mode- so I would need to give up that in return for value and compact board-  are there any other alternatives

Offline LavenderB

• I believe in unix control supremacy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 12:39:34 »
@LavenderB  so between the Zoom75 and MKC75 - the $$ for value would be the MKC75, but my issue there is the RGB not being on the Tri-mode- so I would need to give up that in return for value and compact board-  are there any other alternatives
There aren't any group buys that have all the features you're looking for. I took a look at aliexpress too, but there don't seem to be any on there either.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline dragonuck

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 18:49:23 »
what is your take on the monsgeek M1W when compared to the MKC75....  the fact that has RGb and is tri-mode is good.... but my issue I have are reviews of users stating poor performance with batterys, board not having the options as the MKC75.... to bad you can just get both and swap the PCB from the Monsgeek M1W on to the MKC75 - would the MKC75 forgetting RGB and grabing the tri-mode and its options tip it in your opionion