Author Topic: Small Cursors / NumPad keyboard / FKey Keyboard.  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Wal

Small Cursors / NumPad keyboard / FKey Keyboard.
« on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 06:22:27 »
Hello all,

So after low-key familiarising myself with the matrix concept and a few of the programming options as discussed by Datulab Tech in his YT vids, I'm hoping to start on building a custom keyboard for myself - I'll keep it quite simple but I've a few general questions.

• I've no need for LEDs and was thinking that the Gateron G Pro 3 switches look like decent enough switches to use.
    I'm not too fussed about ghosting - I'll only ever use two keys at once so I'll likely not worry about the diodes on each key.
    If I went for the Arduino approach and programmed the KB using QMK on a Windows PC - would this keyboard then be good to go on, say, a Linux box?  Might seem like a silly question as I've used generic Windows keyboards on Linux boxes with no problem - I ask because I recently got in touch with Keychron to ask them if their Q series when programmed on a Windows PC would work over on a Linux box and was told 'no' - which I thought was odd...  (To be honest, their Q0+ would likely do exactly the job I need it to do).
    The double length keys - you know the long enter and the long plus keys on the number pad etc. - I take it that beneath them lies the same 'single' mechanical switch and it's just the keycap that's oversized - or am I mistaken?

No doubt plenty more questions to be asked before I get going on this.

Thanks for any help/advice in this early stage!

Wal.