Author Topic: Unisys SG-101-K  (Read 3947 times)

Offline tryst

Unisys SG-101-K
« on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 10:21:33 »
Anyone have any info on a Unisys SG-101-k? Looking at one on ebay, rubberdome or something else? Looks like it uses an SDL connector, possible to use a SDL->PS/2 connector or would i need to do some soldering?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325624090842

Offline tryst

Re: Unisys SG-101-K
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 00:14:39 »
Well i bought it, turns out to be rubber dome, but you cant win em all. Doing research right now to try and find more information on the keyboard/pcb/chips etc. Looks like i will likely have to do some work in the future with its signals to get it to work with modern computers. Two chips it has is an NEC chip which i cannot find information on for the life of me, and an Intel chip (P80C51BH) which has information pretty readily available. Photos shown are of the keyboard in question and the pcb front and back.

Offline Prince Valiant

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 07:46:57 »
Well i bought it, turns out to be rubber dome, but you cant win em all. Doing research right now to try and find more information on the keyboard/pcb/chips etc. Looks like i will likely have to do some work in the future with its signals to get it to work with modern computers. Two chips it has is an NEC chip which i cannot find information on for the life of me, and an Intel chip (P80C51BH) which has information pretty readily available. Photos shown are of the keyboard in question and the pcb front and back.
Thanks for taking one for the team ;). The picture is too fuzzy to easily make out the print on the NEC chip.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 08:02:22 »

still a beautiful board tho. how do the domes feel? are they actually decent?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tryst

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 08:26:57 »
Yeah id say for rubber domes they feel pretty good, theyre nice and firm i wouldnt say theyre mushy at all.

Offline tryst

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 19:43:20 »
Thanks for taking one for the team ;). The picture is too fuzzy to easily make out the print on the NEC chip.
Ah my bad, ill post a better picture of that chip in case anyone might have some info. Quick googling by myself and i cant find much of anything on it, might be specific to this board and similar.

If anyone has any info on this keyboard or a place to find it please let me know. Ive been digging and digging and i cant find anything on this thing.