Author Topic: Feedback on Custom Order?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline alexcr

Feedback on Custom Order?
« on: Tue, 12 September 2023, 01:37:50 »
Hi, all. I wanted to get some feedback on a custom order I'm placing with Upgrade Keyboards...

Velocifire VM02WS Hotswap Wireless 2.4ghz Full Size 104 key Mechanical Keyboard with battery upgraded to max fitment
Gazzew Boba U4 Silent Tactile - Hand Assembled - 78g - Switches lubed
O-rings added to all caps
Genuine GMK Cherry Plate Mount Stabilizers with Gold Wires
Sound Profiling, Plate foam

To provide some quick context, I've long had issues with finger joint sensitivity, so I'm picky about switches.  I trialed the Boba U4s and fell in love with them. Historically, I've used Cherry Clears, which together with O-rings have worked well for me, but the Bobas seem to address my issues even better.  We'll see how that holds up over longer term use, though.

Besides that, my other priorities were having wireless with maxed out battery life, and sticking with a full-size keyboard, which I need for work.

The only concern that I've flagged so far is that I'd like to swap the VM02WS modifier keys and function keys for Mac-specific keys.  However, Upgrade told me that the VM02WS keycaps are of unique height, making it difficult to find modifier keys and function keys to use with them.  Does anyone know anything about this? Any suggestions?

But, yeah, I'd be curious to get any thoughts or feedback.