Author Topic: Aged Topre?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
Aged Topre?
« on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 08:37:01 »
Is there anyone else who prefers factory new domes over aged domes? Everyone seems to love them because they're snappier and more tactile, but I honestly kind of like the super round, more linear feel of factory new HHKB Pro 3 domes. It's just nice and soft feeling idk.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Aged Topre?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 08:45:38 »
I like factory unaged domes as well, but that is because i don't like the super tactility those domes bring and weight. I swapped the domes in my 2003 HHKB because they where next level and the weight was more close to 55g. i am typing on Gateron clears and spring swapped switches that bottom out at 50g or even 45g.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 08:47:48 »
I like factory unaged domes as well, but that is because i don't like the super tactility those domes bring and weight. I swapped the domes in my 2003 HHKB because they where next level and the weight was more close to 55g. i am typing on Gateron clears and spring swapped switches that bottom out at 50g or even 45g.

I had leftover domes from a Pro 3 and I recently bought a Pro 2 and put the Pro 3 domes into it... people acted as if I was some sort of heathen  ;D
I only bought the Pro 2 because it was cheaper LOL
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 07:38:33 »
It probably depends on what feel you're looking for. I put BKE domes (ultra-light) in both of my Topres, and they are more tactile than the stock domes. I absolutely love the additional tactility, sound, and snappy response. However, I've been using them for over 2 years now, and I find that they mellowed out some. I still like the feel over the stock domes, but if you like to touch type, the stock domes are probably more for you since it has a rounded force curve. An aged Topre board should give you a smooth typing experience.
In most of the posts I've read, most people don't like the BKE domes, so I guess I'm the exception.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2023, 07:41:20 by Tempest790 »

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 07:42:11 »
It probably depends on what feel you're looking for. I put BKE domes (ultra-light) in both of my Topres, and they are more tactile than the stock domes. I absolutely love the additional tactility, sound, and snappy response. However, I've been using them for over 2 years now, and I find that they mellowed out some. I still like the feel over the stock domes, but if you like to touch type, the stock domes are probably more for you since it has a rounded force curve. An aged Topre board should give you a smooth typing experience.
In most of the posts I've read, most people don't like the BKE domes, so I guess I'm the exception.

TBF I also have a bag of BKE Extremes on my desk for when I'm craving something different LOL