geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Brutal V2 60% | Group Buy Live

<< < (2/4) > >>

kidviddy:

--- Quote from: vhaarr on Thu, 21 September 2023, 23:48:57 ---Ooooh I love that burgundy and copper color :-D

But are the PCB layout support images correct for the lower right shift? Usually you want the 1u on the right side.

--- End quote ---

I suspect ai03 did it this way for the same reason I’ve occasionally been known to beg others to do it this way: because this allows for JIS (Japanese) and ABNT (Brazilian) layouts to be used alongside ANSI and ISO. No JIS bottom row, but I’ll take what I can get — and if I had the choice between proper JIS alpha layout with a non-JIS bottom row or the reverse, I’d choose this way round.

I really hope other PCB designers take note and this catches on. It’s a much better compromise than 1U-on-the-right.

ai03:

--- Quote from: Macmutant on Thu, 21 September 2023, 21:00:02 ---I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the light blue similar or the same as that of the original r1 Brutal 60?
2. Will the steel weight be polished?

--- End quote ---

The blue will be different from the aqua color of the V1 Brutal60, leaning more towards a sky blue/ice blue/etc with a bit less saturation and cooler in temperature.
The steel weight will be sandblasted in a similar fashion to sandblasted brass weights.

--- Quote from: Maxximum on Thu, 21 September 2023, 20:34:01 ---Any chance for a 1.6mm solder pcb and will it be compatible with the ck bastion pcb?

--- End quote ---

The Bastion 60% will fit, so it'll serve as the 1.6mm solderable option for this board.

--- Quote from: vhaarr on Thu, 21 September 2023, 23:48:57 ---But are the PCB layout support images correct for the lower right shift? Usually you want the 1u on the right side.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ankit on Fri, 22 September 2023, 02:21:12 ---hmmmmmm

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kidviddy on Fri, 22 September 2023, 02:33:21 ---I suspect ai03 did it this way for the same reason I’ve occasionally been known to beg others to do it this way: because this allows for JIS (Japanese) and ABNT (Brazilian) layouts to be used alongside ANSI and ISO.

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the confusion - there was a mistake in the layout renders, and they've been swapped out to the corrected ones.
The 1.75U will be on the left in usual split right shift fashion.

kidviddy:

--- Quote from: ai03 on Fri, 22 September 2023, 08:10:29 ---Sorry for the confusion - there was a mistake in the layout renders, and they've been swapped out to the corrected ones.
The 1.75U will be on the left in usual split right shift fashion.

--- End quote ---

:(

mohawk1367:
Any chance of Alps compatibility?

n1l:
Looking great so far. I am very interested.
Can we do anything about the logo on the back? It seems lackluster compared to others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version