Author Topic: win keylok question/comment  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Mr.Tumor

win keylok question/comment
« on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:16:37 »
is there a way to have the win key to still be programable ..i want to use it for my vent ptt key wen i lock out win ... get it i hit the win lokc key and it turns into my vent ptt.. any mod to do this ... and why dont they just turn it into a r-ctrl instead of wasting a perfectly good key lol...
Ducky zero dk2108s  OMG

Offline BlueBär

Re: win keylok question/comment
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:30:21 »
Autohotkey should be able to do that without getting you back to your desktop. Ctrl combinations are more for programs and might conflict with those.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:31:13 »
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure I can understand your post. When you say "ptt", are you referring to "Push-To-Talk"? And by "vent", do you mean "Ventrillo"? I only ask because not everybody here will know what the short-hand terms for those things are.

It sounds like you just want your Windows key to be the push-to-talk key. I thought Ventrillo could do this already. Is that not correct?

Also, if you just want to remap the right windows key to something like right control, I'd suggest SharpKeys (http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com). I use it on Windows to remap CapsLock to Control, it should do what you want.

Offline Mr.Tumor

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:38:08 »
sry ..ya ptt push to talk and ventrilo ... right and i want when i hit the win disable key to have it switch to a programmable key instead of just killing the key.. i can use this ...perfect spot for a macro wasted as i see it ... why do the keyboard companies just not make a usable key in winlock state..
sry im kinda dumb so i hope that clears it up a lil

thx tum

Dyslexia
Dysgraphia – a disorder which expresses itself primarily through writing or typing, although in some cases it may also affect eye–hand coordination, direction- or sequence-oriented processes such as tying knots or carrying out a repetitive task. In dyslexia, dysgraphia is often multifactorial, due to impaired letter writing automaticity, finger motor sequencing challenges, organizational and elaborative difficulties, and impaired visual word form which makes it more difficult to retrieve the visual picture of words required for spelling. Dysgraphia is distinct from developmental coordination disorder in that developmental coordination disorder is simply related to motor sequence impairment.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:53:16 by Mr.Tumor »
Ducky zero dk2108s  OMG

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:39:33 »
It sounds like you just want your Windows key to be the push-to-talk key. I thought Ventrillo could do this already. Is that not correct?

It can, but apparently it still opens the start menu.

Edit: Dude, seriously try to write proper sentences.