Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4181862 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27400 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 08:47:07 »

The 'resting' man was quite lucky the driver was able to stop.

Indeed! At full speed, the stopping distance must be at the very limit of human field of vision.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27401 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:07:32 »
My shower wont work.  When I pull the cord the power light comes on but when I turn the shower on the light goes out and nothing happens.  Bought new pull switch as this is usually the problem so 'just' need to turn off the mains and fit it.  Except as the shower was fitted when we had an extension built the fuse box for it is in the garage about ten feet off the floor.  Above the door when it's open.  So I have to close the door, turn on the light, erect and climb a ladder, kill power (it's now pitch black) then climb down the ladder and move it to get the door open.  If I manage this I then get to play with mains wiring which I really shouldn't be doing in my retarded state.  Finally if I'm still alive I'll have to shut myself back in the garage and erect and climb the ladder in the dark...

Wish me luck, I need it!

Call ur electrical engineering guy..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27402 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:27:13 »
Thankfully in my half-brained planning I had failed to consider a few things - the shower has a separate fuse and I don't need a tall ladder so used one that fitted under the door, no re-erection required.  Only six wires and being mains they are thick enough to stay where they were so very hard to get them confused even if they are the wrong colours.  Happy to report I have survived and the shower now works :D

No way am I paying $100+ for a weekend electrician callout for something that's only a step above changing a lightbulb - I have train tickets to buy :-\
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27403 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 15:41:56 »
The 'best' excuse I heard for a delayed train before today was “leaves on the track” but they've just topped it - today's is “slippery rails”.  Apparently that's train operator speak for “it rained”?  It does that a lot...  Can't help wondering what the engineering works they closed the line for a week to do actually improved.

When I was a school kid catching the train to school they were sometimes brutally honest. On more than one occasion you would get "attention customers due to a fatality the train to bla bla will be delayed by bla bla"
Once, a train I took stopped and the driver announced it's because 'a man decided to take a rest on the rails'.

Mind you, this was an ICE2, capable of doing 280 km/h. The 'resting' man was quite lucky the driver was able to stop.

Oh wow that was so lucky

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27404 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 21:50:04 »
The 'best' excuse I heard for a delayed train before today was “leaves on the track” but they've just topped it - today's is “slippery rails”.  Apparently that's train operator speak for “it rained”?  It does that a lot...  Can't help wondering what the engineering works they closed the line for a week to do actually improved.

When I was a school kid catching the train to school they were sometimes brutally honest. On more than one occasion you would get "attention customers due to a fatality the train to bla bla will be delayed by bla bla"
Once, a train I took stopped and the driver announced it's because 'a man decided to take a rest on the rails'.

Mind you, this was an ICE2, capable of doing 280 km/h. The 'resting' man was quite lucky the driver was able to stop.

Oh wow that was so lucky
Lucky for the driver - no investigation, lost income or nightmares.

Not so lucky for the guy 'resting' who was denied an effortless and painless death despite his careful selection of a high speed line.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27405 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 05:51:01 »

Oh wow that was so lucky
Lucky for the driver - no investigation, lost income or nightmares.

Not so lucky for the guy 'resting' who was denied an effortless and painless death despite his careful selection of a high speed line.
There won't be lost income for the driver though.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #27406 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 08:09:26 »
I'm bothered that beginning next week it will be dark when I come to work and dark when I go home, so no more sunshine for me  ::)

Old mechanical keyboards.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27407 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 20:45:23 »
. started now and hurts by a lot.

I have puked 3 times already due to how badly my stomach is hurting. Advil won't help either!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27408 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 21:50:31 »
Been feeling like garbage for the past few days. No flu or fever but constantly nauseous, tired, front-brain haziness, and my sines are going nuts with the mucus production. Usually one might feel like this for a day then sleep it off, but it's been about 5 days like this. It's noticeably affecting my day-to-day enjoyment and performance.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27409 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 03:10:23 »
Been feeling like garbage for the past few days. No flu or fever but constantly nauseous, tired, front-brain haziness, and my sines are going nuts with the mucus production. Usually one might feel like this for a day then sleep it off, but it's been about 5 days like this. It's noticeably affecting my day-to-day enjoyment and performance.

That's exactly how I feel, well, have been feeling for last 10 days...
I'm so weak, pain everywhere, mucus, running nose, terrible...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27410 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 05:28:15 »

Same. Woke up this morning and it leaked all over the place!

Yes , that  is how severe i have it. Even with extra heavy overnights.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2019, 05:29:53 by Sintpinty »

Offline iri

« Reply #27411 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 07:57:53 »
I wish you guys to get well.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27412 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 10:53:16 »

Clearly a new s00pa swine/avian bug  goin' round..

Eat 100% Veggie for at least 3 months till it blows over.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27413 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 11:47:59 »

I think it's a matter of drinking fluids, thats all

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27414 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 16:35:32 »
Are you 'weak and tired' people actually weak and tired or being tricked by your brain into thinking you are?  I've felt like this for four months but have found I'm actually no weaker than normal and unless I do something energic I can have just as little sleep as usual despite being able to sleep all day if I allow myself to.  The fuzzy head sadly is real, pretty sure I binned nice sunglasses in my old backpack due to it, amongst many many other stupid actions large and small.  At least I don't have mucus though, that would have pushed me over the edge...

Also bothered that laughing emoji no longer works on here.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27415 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 17:19:58 »
Are you 'weak and tired' people actually weak and tired or being tricked by your brain into thinking you are?  I've felt like this for four months but have found I'm actually no weaker than normal and unless I do something energic I can have just as little sleep as usual despite being able to sleep all day if I allow myself to.  The fuzzy head sadly is real, pretty sure I binned nice sunglasses in my old backpack due to it, amongst many many other stupid actions large and small.  At least I don't have mucus though, that would have pushed me over the edge...

Are u eating enuff Vegetables .. ??

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27416 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 17:32:35 »

We've been over this - I eat plenty of vegetables, no meat and not a lot of dairy.  It's not something that developed over time it happened sometime within a month which started with internal bleeding and included three lots of antibiotics (the first of which made current retarded me look like a genius) and way too many trips to the toilet (ongoing)  And it's invisible to ultrasound yet worth getting a CT scan for, but not with any urgency.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27417 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 18:38:23 »

We've been over this - I eat plenty of vegetables, no meat and not a lot of dairy.  It's not something that developed over time it happened sometime within a month which started with internal bleeding and included three lots of antibiotics (the first of which made current retarded me look like a genius) and way too many trips to the toilet (ongoing)  And it's invisible to ultrasound yet worth getting a CT scan for, but not with any urgency.

Careful on the dairy, it's full of Cow- Pus due to over exertion of milking machines.

Antibiotics also messes up the Gut-Biom.  Gotta eat diy- fermented Veggies to regrow healthy gut.

When's the CT happening ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27418 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 02:23:15 »
Fermented veggies?  Dumb and still half asleep me thinks fermentation is the process used to make alcohol, but that's usually made from fruit.  I'd look into it but got to work extra so that will have to wait 'til the weekend.

CT isn't until Jan 22nd, so far away it's not worth thinking about.  Just got to put on my happy face and get on with it as usual, just with added self-checks so I don't do something stupid.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

« Reply #27419 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 03:00:21 »
I wish you guys to get well.

Thanks dude  :-*    :))

I like veggies, I eat them everyday. Plus add some stuff like rice, backweat etc
Also have some turkey or chicken titties, but not many.

Yeah, drinking a lot too. Teas mostly.
Sometimes I wake up in the night and drink whole 500ml bottle of water as I get very thirsty.

I noticed that in last around 10 years I catch this flu/cold every year and it takes longer and longer to recover.
Its like 2 weeks before I feel kinda normal again. Not like back in a days, when I was young and cold held me for max few days...
Either getting old, or viruses getting stronger/mutated to the level where our bodies cannot defend quickly enough.
The worst thing is that feeling of weakness, pain everywhere, feeling miserable, feeling like being hit by a truck. It wasn't like that ages ago.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2019, 03:03:12 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27420 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:30:22 »

Sometimes I wake up in the night and drink whole 500ml bottle of water as I get very thirsty.

I noticed that in last around 10 years I catch this flu/cold every year and it takes longer and longer to recover.
Its like 2 weeks before I feel kinda normal again. Not like back in a days, when I was young and cold held me for max few days...
Either getting old, or viruses getting stronger/mutated to the level where our bodies cannot defend quickly enough.
The worst thing is that feeling of weakness, pain everywhere, feeling miserable, feeling like being hit by a truck. It wasn't like that ages ago.

The modern western diet cripples the immune system.

Offline phinix

« Reply #27421 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 08:14:40 »

The modern western diet cripples the immune system.

Tru dat... :-[

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27422 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 11:08:09 »
Once again, my .

It is making me feel exhausted in addition to my medication i take.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #27423 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 16:04:39 »
Back from a three week holiday in the US and work tomorrow.
Really not looking forward to it.  :(
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27424 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 16:20:03 »
Just unpacked my backpack from Christmas shopping to find I managed to buy two identical cards for my sister in one transaction.  Maybe if I had "I'm a moron" tattooed on my forehead the person who sold me them would have had the sense to query it?  Sounds a good idea...

Seriously though I'm going to have to go back to the doctor and refuse to leave until they take my mental problems seriously.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27425 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 16:41:11 »
Just unpacked my backpack from Christmas shopping to find I managed to buy two identical cards for my sister in one transaction.  Maybe if I had "I'm a moron" tattooed on my forehead the person who sold me them would have had the sense to query it?  Sounds a good idea...

Seriously though I'm going to have to go back to the doctor and refuse to leave until they take my mental problems seriously.

The possibility exists where the world is wrong, and you're upright.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27426 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 03:56:10 »

You said you had internal bleeding?
Years ago when I had colon cancer, it bled in my colon. The anemia made me very sluggish in the head. The doctors could see that I was anemic with a simple blood test. To see that I had been losing blood out of my colon was easy to find out with a stool sample. My stool was also darker than normal at the time, but I hadn't noticed that.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27427 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 20:31:12 »
Man, Whole Foods is expensive. I love their hot bar but it always winds up costing like $17 for a meal.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27428 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 01:25:06 »
Problems with acid reflux. Have to sleep sitting up and use antacids and crap.
I was also on antibiotics for a sore throat. I'm thinking that they must have upset things, and I have also been sluggish in my head like suicidal_orange. About time to stop taking them perhaps. The infection has been gone for days and it's just a day before I would be out of the pills anyway.

Offline phinix

« Reply #27429 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 02:25:57 »
I was also on antibiotics for a sore throat. I'm thinking that they must have upset things, and I have also been sluggish in my head like suicidal_orange. About time to stop taking them perhaps. The infection has been gone for days and it's just a day before I would be out of the pills anyway.

Have you had this reflux for long?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27430 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 07:40:27 »
Man, Whole Foods is expensive. I love their hot bar but it always winds up costing like $17 for a meal.

Isn't it something like $8.99 per pound?
2 pounds of food is a big plate, I do that sometimes but it makes 2 meals.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline iri

« Reply #27431 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 07:58:18 »
Have you tried a proton pump inhibitor?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #27432 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 09:24:21 »

Yeah, that is why I asked for how long he had it, as I had for years and when started taking ppi, it went all good, I haven't had an reflux for over 2 years now, helicobacter is dead, ulcers healed. I'm a happy bear now:)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27433 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 21:57:27 »
Mormons/Latter-day Saints out in the dark and cold knocking on my freakin' door at 8pm. That kinda **** is not going to sell me on what you're hocking.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27434 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 22:36:56 »
Mormons/Latter-day Saints out in the dark and cold knocking on my freakin' door at 8pm. That kinda **** is not going to sell me on what you're hocking.

they're probably droog dealers.. scopin' out customers.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27435 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 22:38:57 »

Gettin' high on The Lord.

The Lord being the street term for a mixture of PCP, cocaine, and morphine

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27436 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 23:20:05 »

Yup.

The churches , especially in low income neighborhoods are primarily money laundering services for the local drug gang.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27437 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 00:18:21 »

especially in low income neighborhoods .

Are you insinuating Noisy lives in the ghetto?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27438 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 01:02:14 »
Yep. I put that in the "crap" column. :-ţ
I've had problems for years. I suspect a hernia (or whatever it is called in English). About time I had that looked at.
Never been very keen on going through an endoscopy.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27440 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 17:46:21 »
Day started badly fighting with doctor's phone system.  25 mins on hold and I did get an appointment, another different doctor who wanted it to be depression related, which it isn't.  He poked and prodded my guts but found nothing abnormal.  Then the obligatory pee dip test which, as always, said all good.  Finally settles on the idea that I'm a coeliac (gluten intolerant) so more blood tests.  Steered me away from asking what the CT scan is supposed to find.  Amazingly they had an appointment ti take blood straight away so things were looking up.

Rushed lunch, caught slow train, got a bike tyre puncture which seemed to fix itself (slime tube) but pumping from completely flat with a mini pump was not fun.  Frustrating day at work, left to find tyre flat and unwilling to inflate.  Pushed bike to train station wearing warm coat, further than I guessed so missed the train and have to sit here for over an hour in cold windd while covered in sweat - it's freezing!  Now hoping the last train turns up so I don't have to sleep on a bench...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27441 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 03:22:54 »
Day started badly fighting with doctor's phone system.  25 mins on hold and I did get an appointment, another different doctor who wanted it to be depression related, which it isn't.  He poked and prodded my guts but found nothing abnormal.  Then the obligatory pee dip test which, as always, said all good.  Finally settles on the idea that I'm a coeliac (gluten intolerant) so more blood tests.  Steered me away from asking what the CT scan is supposed to find.  Amazingly they had an appointment ti take blood straight away so things were looking up.

Rushed lunch, caught slow train, got a bike tyre puncture which seemed to fix itself (slime tube) but pumping from completely flat with a mini pump was not fun.  Frustrating day at work, left to find tyre flat and unwilling to inflate.  Pushed bike to train station wearing warm coat, further than I guessed so missed the train and have to sit here for over an hour in cold windd while covered in sweat - it's freezing!  Now hoping the last train turns up so I don't have to sleep on a bench...
Oh dear. Can you get a taxi home?

Also, try a CO2 cartridge for quick inflation when a tyre is punctured.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27442 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 04:01:40 »

Oh dear. Can you get a taxi home?

Also, try a CO2 cartridge for quick inflation when a tyre is punctured.

Too stupid to think of that, still ill.  Yes, there are taxis sat outside the train station, not sure I'd have got the disabled bike in though and need to get it home to fix it.  Thankfully the train came and it wasn't even delayed, I hate having to buy train tickets but buying them and not using them is even worse.

Got up this morning and the only option due to time was to swap out the back wheel and of course the fancy backwards rear derailleur is axle mount and the spare wheel isn't compatible, so had to swap that too.  Ever seen a goldfish try to use a spoon?  That's how I felt trying to do something with more than two steps, I got close to sitting down crying at my ineptitude.  Thankfully the bike is back in one piece and it moves, just about got time to eat (food cooking atm) then back off to work.  I have longer to walk there than back so even if I'm pushing it again I should be ok.  I have to finish what didn't work yesterday so I know that's another unfun six hours but at least it's Friday so not eight I suppose.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27443 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 05:27:25 »
Train is 15 minutes late leaving and has to go the wrong way due to a 'points failure'.  So much for plenty of time to walk the other end!

Reading about coeliac, doesn't sound good and diagnosis is slow and inaccurate but it is thought to be triggered by infection which fits and it's common on my dad's side of the family.  Ate loads of gluten for lunch to see if it makes me feel worse, could be psychosomatic but guts don't feel happy.  Great.

On the plus side sounds like my ever present apathy could be a long term symptom and might go away which could be interesting.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #27444 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 06:46:07 »
Train is 15 minutes late leaving and has to go the wrong way due to a 'points failure'.  So much for plenty of time to walk the other end!

Reading about coeliac, doesn't sound good and diagnosis is slow and inaccurate but it is thought to be triggered by infection which fits and it's common on my dad's side of the family.  Ate loads of gluten for lunch to see if it makes me feel worse, could be psychosomatic but guts don't feel happy.  Great.

On the plus side sounds like my ever present apathy could be a long term symptom and might go away which could be interesting.

so you could become happy_orange, joking aside that would be great news if all your problems get cured at once
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27445 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 07:35:05 »

Reading about coeliac, doesn't sound good and diagnosis is slow and inaccurate

My son was diagnosed a few years ago and it took some getting used to, but now it is second nature.

The big problem comes if you are a picky eater and like junk food - almost all of the easy snacks have gluten. If it was me, I could do it without much problem, except that I would be sad to give up beer and whiskey forever.

The only true unambiguous test is a camera down the throat, but it will be worth it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27446 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 08:03:19 »

The only true unambiguous test is a camera down the throat, but it will be worth it.

It's not just gluten.

It's any protein shape -resembling- the one that triggers the autoimmune reaction.

Going on an elimination diet and building up a list of non-trigger foods 1 at a time is the only thorough approach.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27447 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 09:58:15 »
Thanks for the thoughts, not quoting as takes too long to trim on mobile.

I'm not a picky eater which sounds worse - instead of trying pretty much anything I'd need to question everything but at least I'd be 'happy' while doing so.  No mention of camera so who knows, sounds easier and cheaper than blood tests as well as more accurate...

I made it to work, only two problems with the wheel - 8 speed cassette fitted to 9 speed shifters so while it can get to top and bottom just fine the gears in the middle don't really work, and no brake disc.  At least the tyre stayed inflated so I wasn't late!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27448 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 13:24:32 »
My wife and mother-in-law have celiac disease. In their experience, you can't test if you have it by eating lots of gluten and then seeing if you feel worse, for your body is already acclimated to eating it to some degree. Once you've eliminated gluten for several weeks, and then you eat it again, you will have a more severe reaction (if you have celiac) because your gut has had time to repair itself a bit and get used to not being assaulted constantly or something. Also, reactions vary. Some people get diarrhea, some bloating and cramps, some headaches, or, in my wife's case, passing out (deep sleep from which she cannot be awoken); although she hasn't had that reaction in a while.

Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27449 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 13:50:41 »
Being used to it makes sense I suppose, I eat bread and/or pastry pretty much every day and always have so it seems a bit strange that the stomach weirdness has taken nearly four months to appear (and went away for a week) while the fuzzy head was instant and unrelenting (except for two days shortly after antibiotics).  That said it's still a much better explanation than the “I don't know, see a specialist and get a scan” I got from my normal doctor, with no explanation what they're actually looking for...

Sounds like it's a pretty common problem, I'd heard of it but never encountered a sufferer that I know of.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod