Author Topic: Straya, OF COURSE..  (Read 4350 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Straya, OF COURSE..
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 17:23:48 »
I had no idea AMD was doing so much better than IBM this gen. These numbers are almost hard to believe.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 23:35:07 »
I think you mean Intel. LOL

I was watching the numbers and talk on Black Friday, it had to be a scary day for Intel, AMD is killing them, it's starting to happen in the enterprise sector as well to a lesser extent, however that is Intel's bread and butter. Enterprise is what drives Intel's development, everything comes from there, so when you start hitting Intel in the enterprise they start to panic. When you can put almost twice the cores in the same package size and use less power, enterprise is taking notice.

What concerns me more is the number of Pentiums on that list.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline yui

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 00:53:43 »
Intel makes the core i, pentium, celeron and atom cpus, IBM makes the power cpus
and yeah intel seems to not have seen amd coming and right now is not in a good position on the cpu market, but still is in a very decent position on the nic and flash markets, and there amd has nothing...so intel is going to survive just fine.
although i never heard of this "USB-C hub" cpu i wonder how it compares to the others
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 20:13:29 »
Those pentiums are from 2017 and are discontinued, I am not sure how accurate that list is (at least for Australia).

I'm really hoping that AMD can keep relevant long enough to make serious headway into the enterprise space, and the prebuilt consumer space (which is still going to vastly outweigh the enthusiast, separate CPU market that the table represents).

Intel's blatant profiteering from a decade+ of a monopoly market was just taking the absolute piss.