Author Topic: Happy Hacking Professional Bluetooth  (Read 108297 times)

Offline the_marsbar

Re: Happy Hacking Professional Bluetooth
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:54:48 »
Any thoughts on the HHKB BT? How is it holding up? What is realistic battery life? Any issues?

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 07:41:04 »
Any thoughts on the HHKB BT? How is it holding up? What is realistic battery life? Any issues?

I've been using one as a daily while at work for just about 2 months now. I haven't had any issues. I was the 2nd owner of my board and replaced the batteries after one month of use.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 07:43:17 »
It's all good. No proper issues apart from having to restarting it every week because it just stops working so whatever. Battery is super good, a couple months probably.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:45:24 »
That's good to hear. I might have to get one at some point :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 10:55:18 »
That's good to hear. I might have to get one at some point :D

join us join us join us join us

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:50:31 »
I already own a black Pro 2 and a Type-S :D

Wouldn't be bad having one of each variant though. I also need a Pro (1).

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 16:15:47 »

Where do you even get a hhkb pro 1? ebay?

Offline Adgar

• * Vendor
    • Pheilcia
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:06:58 »
It feels more heavy...........

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 05:51:24 »

Where do you even get a hhkb pro 1? ebay?

Show Image

Pretty much.  They do turn up from time to time, sometimes quite yellowed, although restoration is possible.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 10:06:27 »
Does anyone know anything about how the "multi-pairing" feature works?

From the Google translated PFU page (http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/bt/feature.html), it sounds like it can hold 4 devices in memory.

I'm hoping it's something similar to the BT on the Filco MJ2 Convertible, but I don't think the HHKB BT would have a full blown switcher like the Filco.

My BT is still winding it's way through the postal system, has anyone tried pairing theirs to more than one device at once?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline infmz

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 16:28:24 »
Torn between an HHKB Pro 2 and the BT.  Sounds like a few people have had issues here.  If I were to buy it, I'd purchase it through a proxy (ZenMarket), so warranty/returns might be tricky.  Anyone else been using this as a daily driver without issues, or has anyone dealt with repairs through PFU?  Cheers.

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:05:59 »
Torn between an HHKB Pro 2 and the BT.  Sounds like a few people have had issues here.  If I were to buy it, I'd purchase it through a proxy (ZenMarket), so warranty/returns might be tricky.  Anyone else been using this as a daily driver without issues, or has anyone dealt with repairs through PFU?  Cheers.

I've had mine for a long time now (July maybe?) and have had zero issues with it.

That being said, if its just sitting at a desk or you really don't plan on moving around with it a lot; get a Pro 2. Not worth the increased cost.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 02:52:57 »
Has anyone here bought from smartimports.net?

I was thinking of buying a hhkb bt from them.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 05:46:55 »
I am also interested in the cheapest way to get a hhkb pro2 bt. Maybe amazon.co.jp and Tenso? I could get some other stuff at the same time....

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 07:38:58 »
Has anyone here bought from smartimports.net?

I was thinking of buying a hhkb bt from them.

I've purchased an HHKB from them, along with a few other things, and had a good experience with them. I've read here on GH other people have some frustrating experiences with them, due to slow shipping, delayed communication, etc.

I've heard that it's cheaper to get it through a Japanese shopping service like this:

https://zenmarket.jp/default.aspx

I tried to buy something through zenmarket once, however my credit card apparently didn't think it was a good idea and declined the purchase.

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 05:15:59 »
I've had no issues with my HHKB BT.

It plays nice with Apple devices (Mac and iOS), and works with a Lenovo X1 Carbon as well.

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 09:12:48 »
I totally want the BT version. I want it so much but I can't live without Hasu's controller mod for programmability. HHKB + programming is an utter delight. Is it worth the sacrifice for wireless glory?

-R
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:09:59 »
I totally want the BT version. I want it so much but I can't live without Hasu's controller mod for programmability. HHKB + programming is an utter delight. Is it worth the sacrifice for wireless glory?

-R

Can't you have both? Or does having one preclude the other?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:45:43 »

-R

Can't you have both? Or does having one preclude the other?

Well hasu has his own Bluetooth controller which has been out for some time now but it is a replacement controller for the regular hhkb.

Their is currently no hasu replacement controller for the new hhkb Bluetooth model.

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:45:24 »
Has anyone had experience with a stock HHKB with BT Hasu vs. the HHKB BT?

I am really tempted to buy one as I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Hasu BT controller (repeated key presses, crappy battery life, and coil whine when in USB pass through mode). I have also seen that the HHKB uses an updated slider design, does that change the feeling of the keyboard at all?
I'm planning to pick one up in Japan, it's currently 29,000JPY vs 19,400JPY (Amazon.co.jp), but considering the price of a Hasu BT ($90), then I'm really looking at around $255 (HHKB BT) vs. $260 (HHKB Pro2 with Hasu).
I'm thinking of going for the HHKB BT, but I think I'm going to miss the programmability for sure :/
Would really appreciate any pointers of anyone who has had experience of the two!

Offline JKer

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 12:40:15 »
I have a problem with my HHKB BT board. Sometimes it freeze for few second and when it reconnect, it would repeats the last key I put in for endless time. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I also have a normal HHKB and it works very well, but this wireless, expensive HHKB BT really annoys me. I connect it via WiFI and bluetooth unit on my Z170N-WIFI mainboard. Wondering if changing bluetooth dongle will fix it?

Offline regionfree

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 02:41:26 »
I have a problem with my HHKB BT board. Sometimes it freeze for few second and when it reconnect, it would repeats the last key I put in for endless time. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I also have a normal HHKB and it works very well, but this wireless, expensive HHKB BT really annoys me. I connect it via WiFI and bluetooth unit on my Z170N-WIFI mainboard. Wondering if changing bluetooth dongle will fix it?

I had this problem with mine as well, to a point that keys repeat every few minutes until i turn off the board. Turn on the board again and the problem still persists. What I tried that worked was to delete/reset all the pairings (I was using it with macOS Sierra and Windows 10), and re-paired it with just one device. I haven't had the problem ever since. I'm now thinking that this was an issue with the multi-device part of its software/firmware.

It's been a week nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww         sssssssssince

Kidding aside, it's been 1 week now since the last time this happened.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 02:44:38 by regionfree »

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 14:34:35 »

I had this problem with mine as well, to a point that keys repeat every few minutes until i turn off the board. Turn on the board again and the problem still persists. What I tried that worked was to delete/reset all the pairings (I was using it with macOS Sierra and Windows 10), and re-paired it with just one device. I haven't had the problem ever since. I'm now thinking that this was an issue with the multi-device part of its software/firmware.

It's been a week nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww         sssssssssince

Odd... I have been having this same issue since I got it two weeks ago. Will not play nice with my work laptop, the sad part is I just got off the phone with IT to remove the device from the list so my PC could find it again to try re-pairing. And same issue again. is it just FN+z to delete the pairings? Or is it FN+Z+Del?  This is frustrating!

Offline ouroboros

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:12:48 »
I'm contemplating the purchase of this keyboard but I have one question.

Would this keyboard work in the BIOS/UEFI? Or more pertinently in GRUB? Would it be necessary a USB dongle? If so, which one?
I ask this because I'll be dual-booting Linux and Windows and this is important.

Thanks.

Offline joric

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 02:04:13 »
No matter the circumstances it won't. It's just a regular bt4 keyboard that needs bluetooth pairing. As far as i know only intel compute stick supports bluetooth keyboards in bios.

Offline joric

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 02:06:16 »
Would really appreciate any pointers of anyone who has had experience of the two!
I ended with Hasu and sold the HHKB BT abomination. The battery compartment is ugly and there's no USB mode at all, the USB is power only.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 03:24:02 »
If you expected a keyboard for use with a USB cable, then surely it was the wrong purchase.

For a single keyboard, I would probably not choose a USB one. But as I have two other HHKBs, I would still like a bluetooth one.

Offline sebas

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:34:52 »
I have this same issue, but it was also happening on my old AnnePro so I'm starting to blame the dongle/BT drivers/windows. So far have tried replacing the dongle but the issue has not looked to get any better.

Offline nudsenma

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 00:28:43 »
This device has gotten a lot of good reviews lately.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 00:47:17 »
This device has gotten a lot of good reviews lately.

Holy necro-thread, Batman
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u