geekhack Community > Input Devices

Any ELECOM Huge users

<< < (6/7) > >>

suicidal_orange:
The mouse is still going to be sending the same button codes, if they broke the program you would need to ask them why (I would guess it affects all mice as they are all HID mice devices)  Or you could find an old version that still works.

This is assuming it is the program update and not an OS update that happened at the same time?  No idea if Mac sneak them through like Microsoft do...

knightjp:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:28:21 ---This is assuming it is the program update and not an OS update that happened at the same time?  No idea if Mac sneak them through like Microsoft do...

--- End quote ---
The OS does not update piece of software until you tell it to. At least that is what my experience tells me and if it does, it gives me an immediate notification of what it did.
SteerMouse does not update automatically. It told me that there was a new version available and I opted to upgrade. I guess that was my fault. I will try and older version and see if it will work.

micmil:
I've been using one for a little while now and I absolutely love it. I think one of the issues a lot of people have with it is they're trying to keep their hand in one position at all times. That seems like it would get quite tiring. Stay active over it. Move your hand around. Don't try to keep the thumb on this button, ring on this one, put the pinky in the hole, wiggle your left ear... nah, that'll get you hurt. As long as you're dynamic in your hand movements this thing's a breeze to use.

The software, as others have mentioned, is garbage. Yes, it technically works. Fine. But it has to be installed and configured on every computer because the settings are not stored onboard. This is ridiculous. My eight year old Logitech G700s has had the same settings stored on in for eight years. It goes between computers. It's set up the way I want it to be and it's that way everywhere. The Huge isn't even the same on my computer.

I have absolutely no reason why, but the Huge does not send proper commands via RDP. This is excruciatingly annoying if you are used to having page up and down bound to buttons on your mouse. I don't need left and right scroll so I rebound those to be page up and down. Log in for work and... it's just sending numbers. Maybe this is an issue with the remote settings but, again, the Logitech mouse has no issue with this. What's kind of funny though is that with a TKL I cram the Huge right up next to the edge and can just hit the page up and down keys with my thumb.

Software blows, hardware's great.

Bonus review: Amazon screwed up and sent me the wrong Elecom trackball at first so I gave it about ten minutes just to check it out. It's one of the thumb-controlled ones, the M-XT3DR. Absolute ass. Tracking was terrible, the ball felt like... well... balls... and after about thirty seconds my thumb tendons threatened to burn my house down if I didn't stop. I have renter's insurance so I didn't care but I stopped anyway.

suicidal_orange:
Do the numbers seen in RDP correspond to the ones on the numberpad for page up/down?  Could be the remote computer has num lock off.

micmil:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Mon, 08 February 2021, 07:45:49 ---Do the numbers seen in RDP correspond to the ones on the numberpad for page up/down?  Could be the remote computer has num lock off.

--- End quote ---

I absolutely never would have thought of that but yes, that is EXACTLY what's going on there. I'll get that sorted and see if it works. Thanks! :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version