Author Topic: Help me find my ideal pcb 65%  (Read 1302 times)

Offline AdriG

Help me find my ideal pcb 65%
« on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 13:00:46 »
Hello there, a month ago i decide about changing my current kb (ozone battle tkl, mx brown) and discovered the world of custom keyboards, and wow, fall very deep into it xD

Changed from think i was gonna buy a custom varmilo 88 tkl, to a gmmk pro until now, where im thinking about not buying a barebone, but the parts itself, the case, pcb, etc.

Also (and this is one of those things that at least imho once you see you can not unsee it) i realised i didnt want full keyboard size bcos i never used most of those keys, but that was happening again with the tkl, thats why i changed to gmmk pro which is 75% if im not wrong, but then i started think that i dont even need that extra keys for my work or for gaming, and came into the 65% size, which I think is my perfect size since with a 60% i will miss some of these extra keys.

So what im gonna build would be a 65% with boba u4t, durock v2, a pc plate, stupidfish foam, and you know the holee, pe foam and tape mod.

Now the thing is that im from spain, so im looking for a ISO 65% pcb, and rg if its possible. At first, i was only looking for hot swap pcb but since it seems its a nightmare to find anything similar, Im thinking about solder all my switches by myself, so idk if a 65% pcb for soldering fits both ansi or iso, im a little bit lost over here.

TL;DR Looking for the best 65% pcb rgb (ISO, dont know if it exists with hot swap, if not I would solder myself)

Offline yiwv

• I´m Yiwv, Yiwi, Yiuf, Yiu or just Yi
Re: Help me find my ideal pcb 65%
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 20:24:37 »

Offline AdriG

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 03:11:43 »
Yup, that wouls be my first option, now im also thinking about the gentleman only bcs of the knob, which easily reduce 50% of use cases for my lost FX keys.

Do you have any opinions about this last one?

Offline Kokukenji

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 10:51:38 »
The gentlemen suited GB? That looks to be a good board. They released a wood version previously, same feature set, so you might want to check out those reviews. The suited version is either all alu or PC