Author Topic: Where to buy GMK dark?  (Read 7604 times)

Offline kimberly

Where to buy GMK dark?
« on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 20:08:07 »
I want to buy GMK dark so badly, but cannot find a single website to buy this on.
Does anybody know where to buy it?
I've checked there is one in ebay, but it is used one..
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 January 2024, 20:10:14 by kimberly »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Where to buy GMK dark?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 21:50:37 »
GMK Dark is no longer available to purchase new since it was a group buy that ended ages ago. You can only get it used right now, unless an r2 happens, which doesn't seem likely.
keyboard collection - fjell
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More

Offline xjack312

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 15:10:28 »
There are some sets that are fairly similar, one that's going into GB soon is KKB Outer Bounds with dark alphas. More gray on black than black on gray but similar
Alice enjoyer

Offline kimberly

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 19:10:13 »
@Rhienfo I really hope that there is another group by for this.. Doesn't this look so cool? lol

@xjack312 Thank you so much for the information. KKB Outer Bounds also looks pretty cool!

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 January 2024, 05:15:50 »
@Rhienfo I really hope that there is another group by for this.. Doesn't this look so cool? lol

I do like gmk dark, though the kitting wasn't very great.

I looked into it a bit and I did see that the original runner was interested in doing an r2, not saying it will happen 100% though, but I would keep an eye on geekhack just in case an IC pops up.
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More

Offline kimberly

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 20:29:15 »

I do like gmk dark, though the kitting wasn't very great.

I looked into it a bit and I did see that the original runner was interested in doing an r2, not saying it will happen 100% though, but I would keep an eye on geekhack just in case an IC pops up.

OHHHHHH Thank you so much for the information!! I'll keep my eyes on geekhacck!

Offline Neongreen

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 21:02:18 »
I would be so excited for R2, black case with gateron oil kings would make the ultimate dark board.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 15:26:02 »
kimberly, you may be interested in a recent IC for GMK Cosmos. Could scratch the same itch https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122582.0
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline r201rotana

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2024, 17:25:33 »
Does GMK Dark look similar to Dualshot R2? I've recently picked up the Katakana Base for Dualshot but the colored mods are throwing me off. I've been looking for other GMK with "N9" base and "CR" sub-legend sets to hopefully mix and match with it, and this is the closest I've seen. The only hitch is the renders make it look like Dark is much darker than Dualshot, even tho they use the same GMK's standard colors (from what it looks like).

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 17 June 2024, 00:05:18 »
Does GMK Dark look similar to Dualshot R2? I've recently picked up the Katakana Base for Dualshot but the colored mods are throwing me off. I've been looking for other GMK with "N9" base and "CR" sub-legend sets to hopefully mix and match with it, and this is the closest I've seen. The only hitch is the renders make it look like Dark is much darker than Dualshot, even tho they use the same GMK's standard colors (from what it looks like).

If they are both N9 then it should be similar, also look at irl images since both sets were released as those are more accurate.
More
| hhkb bt
More
| m0115
More
| praxis
More
| camo filco
More
| ibm model f at
More

collection in pixel art
More