Author Topic: [SOLD] NIB Model F-122  (Read 4471 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] NIB Model F-122
« on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 21:46:02 »
It's $399, so not a "great" (cheap) deal—but you see these NIB so rarely, I thought you might enjoy knowing about it:

Vintage IBM 6110344 Clicky Keyboard, Model F, 1984, VERY RARE w/ Box and Foam

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 06:13:54 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Re: NIB Model F-122
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 07:52:13 »
Holy crap, I need dis!

But I don't $535-CAD-need-dis.

Also it sold already which isn't surprising.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:14:58 »
I saw this, but thought it was way overpriced.  Yet it sold right away, so I guess someone didn't think so!  :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 20:32:57 »
I saw this, but thought it was way overpriced.  Yet it sold right away, so I guess someone didn't think so!  :eek:

I have been watching ebay for half a decade and NEVER seen one of these before. A few, perhaps, called "new" but not boxed.

The price is far too high for me, but, considering its epic rarity, not at all out of line in my opinion.
Truthfully, in fact, "considering its rarity" it would be a bargain at twice that price.

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:45:25 »

I have been watching ebay for half a decade and NEVER seen one of these before. A few, perhaps, called "new" but not boxed.

The price is far too high for me, but, considering its epic rarity, not at all out of line in my opinion.
Truthfully, in fact, "considering its rarity" it would be a bargain at twice that price.
As apparently it was, considering how quickly it went xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline dgreekstallion

• B.S. Fiend
Re: [SOLD] NIB Model F-122
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 15:50:46 »
Holy crap.
Recent keyboard fanatic.

Model F-122 convert.

Offline taylorswiftttttt

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 23:33:21 »
removed
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 November 2022, 19:36:56 by taylorswiftttttt »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 00:29:44 »
Holy crap.

Thanks for necroing this thread my man

I've never understood this hangup some of you guys have about posting to threads that are more than a few months old. When we're discussing keyboards that are 20 or 30 years old themselves, why insist there be an expiration date on our interest in them?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline taylorswiftttttt

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 11:46:09 »
removed
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 November 2022, 19:37:18 by taylorswiftttttt »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 19:31:05 »
I saw this, but thought it was way overpriced. Yet it sold right away, so I guess someone didn't think so!  :eek:

Indeed, as I said in my OP, I didn't consider it a "Great" find, for that reason—but it was just so rare to see a NIB F-122, it seemed worth mentioning here. (Now that I think of it, I can't remember ever having seen a NIB prior to this one, though some of you probably have.)

And yes, the fact that it sold right away implies they are worth that much to some people. When something turns up that's seldom seen, it's hard to place an absolute value on it.

Quote from: Ander
I've never understood this hangup some of you guys have about posting to threads that are more than a few months old. When we're discussing keyboards that are 20 or 30 years old themselves, why insist there be an expiration date on our interest in them?

Maybe if he had something useful to contribute, other than "holy crap"... If I see a new thread pop up, I don't want to click on it and discover it's a month old, the auction has ended, etc. and the reason it's bumped is because someone felt the need to comment "holy crap"

Fair enough. My comment would apply more to threads of ongoing interest than those related to particular sales.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 13:48:11 »
If I see a new thread pop up, I don't want to click on it and discover it's a month old, the auction has ended, etc. and the reason it's bumped is because someone felt the need to comment "holy crap"

Whoop-de-doo. If I had a dollar for every stupid comment I wish I'd never read on the internet...

The irony is you contributed to the very thing you're supposedly railing against.

I should also add that I'm glad the thread was revived because I missed this post.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2017, 13:49:48 by 1391406 »
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven