Author Topic: IBM Model M 1390572 $15 plus shipping  (Read 6736 times)

Offline JP

Re: IBM Model M 1390572 $15 plus shipping
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 14:34:53 »
That's a good price for these. I just need to make space for one.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline nachie

• KapCave
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 14:36:19 »
I thought so too. I don't have too many yet, so might get one myself. He has 5 available.
AHKB | GSKT-00 | Arya | Båge | Paladin64

Offline nachie

• KapCave
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 15:10:15 »
The seller has increased the shipping cost from $24 to $40. I don't think it is worth that price plus shipping anymore.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 16:41:22 »
The seller's also saying "5 pin din connector for an AT mother board." That's not true, is it?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline nachie

• KapCave
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 12:38:24 »
The seller's also saying "5 pin din connector for an AT mother board." That's not true, is it?

Doubt it. Although I haven't had one of these before, so I'll let someone else here confirm, or confirm once mine arrives.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 16:26:54 »
It's a common amateur mistake, thinking the legendary 240° DIN connector is an AT. We can look at each other and wink about that.

As long as we're on the topic, here are some common amateur performance mistakes:
  • Warming up on-stage before a show
  • Talking about yourself and/or the band before you sing/play anything to show the audience why they should care who you are
  • Singing above, or speaking below, one's natural voice range
  • Dropping one's speaking voice at the ends of sentences (known as "croaking")
  • Stopping to name the members of the band and asking the audience to applaud each of them
I could go on, but it's also an amateur mistake to talk technique around non-showbiz people. So instead, I'll share this photo of our pool area. (Note: People with kids shouldn't use this rail-less divider approach.)

171214-0
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 16:08:30 »
It's a common amateur mistake, thinking the legendary 240° DIN connector is an AT. We can look at each other and wink about that.

As long as we're on the topic, here are some common amateur performance mistakes:
  • Warming up on-stage before a show
  • Talking about yourself and/or the band before you sing/play anything to show the audience why they should care who you are
  • Singing above, or speaking below, one's natural voice range
  • Dropping one's speaking voice at the ends of sentences (known as "croaking")
  • Stopping to name the members of the band and asking the audience to applaud each of them
I could go on, but it's also an amateur mistake to talk technique around non-showbiz people. So instead, I'll share this photo of our pool area. (Note: People with kids shouldn't use this rail-less divider approach.)

(Attachment Link)

GOD I MISS THIS PLACE!  Because of such lovely posts!  :thumb:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:45:54 »
LOL

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 19:27:22 »
Really ander, is this your house?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 18:20:07 »

Actually, our house is a bit larger, and has an ocean view... I was trying to be modest.  :?)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 23:52:59 »

Actually, our house is a bit larger, and has an ocean view... I was trying to be modest.  :?)
I can't tell if you're joking.  :))

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:09:06 »

Nope, I'm not joking. Unfortunately, someone just put up a house that blocks about a quarter of our view. They're great people, though, and their interior decoration style is steampunk (again, no kidding). So these things all balance out.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 20:46:00 »

Nope, I'm not joking. Unfortunately, someone just put up a house that blocks about a quarter of our view. They're great people, though, and their interior decoration style is steampunk (again, no kidding). So these things all balance out.

Another house and a few more trees, and you'll lose the view completely.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 21:44:22 »

Wow, that's awesome!  My wife would absolutely LOVE your place then as she's into contemporary house designs, much of which you don't see here in the US.

Good neighbors can make up for a bit of the view.  :thumb: Besides, then you can just to over to their place and see the view. :D