Author Topic: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)  (Read 69779 times)

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:47:59 »
Update:2019.08.14
Delivery progress 70%
WKL version hotswap PCB production problems, need to be re-made
The delivery date is not fixed, I will provide compensation (an artisan keycap)
SORRY FOR THAT! :'(

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:00:53 »
So how are we programming the regular PCB? I tried the doro67 qmk above and now the pcb is totally unresponsive.

Yea who knows... kind of disappointed in the way the gb is going so far. Constructive feedback:

1. It was promised that the board would support QMK/VIA. 2 weeks ago Cary said "QMK is currently supported, and the via service will be available in two weeks". Well it's two weeks later and not a peep from him since then and we have guys like Merlin doing gods work and having to hack scripts himself. Cary shared some .json file with no clear instructions on which pcb is supported or what we have to do to use it. The right thing to do would have been for the boards to have shipped with working QMK and/or VIA or at the very least a timeline on when the software will be released and updates leading to it.

2. Cary has been super unresponsive. Both to PMs on here and on the discord. Still waiting on for shipping info on my black WK hotswap...

3. Cary should be posting regular updates here instead of random messages on Discord. Or better yet, how about just emailing everyone in the GB? You have all of their emails after all. There was a period of time where Cary went silent and claimed China was cracking down on VPNs or something. I don't buy it. There is always a way to message us. Overall it's a communications mess. Which keyboards have shipped? What's the status on the ones that haven't shipped? What's the status on QMK and VIA?

I do think everything will be sorted out eventually, but at this point many of us don't know when our keyboards will ship, or if you've gotten your dolch.cr you don't know when you will be able to actually use it.

I apologize for the lack of communication, most of the information is posted on DISCORD
Due to PCB production issues, I have been busy with PCB re-production recently. Ignore the importance of communication and apologize again

Two serious accidents occurred in the production of DOLCH.CR.
1.  the surface treatment (PVD) of the weight has liquid traces, and all the weights are completely remade.
2. PCB production has encountered trouble and needs to be re-made. Recently, the factory has encountered typhoon weather, resulting in very low efficiency.

The above two reasons lead to the extension of the shipment, the current delivery schedule is 70%,and I will provide compensation to buyers who have not shipped.

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 05:48:40 »

I apologize for the lack of communication, most of the information is posted on DISCORD
Due to PCB production issues, I have been busy with PCB re-production recently. Ignore the importance of communication and apologize again

And yet you go silent again... people have been waiting for WEEKS with no update.

We don't want the "compensation" novelty key you're providing. We just want regular updates to know what's going on. Keep the novelty key.

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 10:12:06 »
Never got my board and Cary is nowhere to be found. I hope people take note of this for any future GBs run by this group of people

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 13:40:10 »
Tried the discord? Usually somewhat responsive on there

Offline okidna

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 03:21:33 »
https://kbdfans.com/collections/diy-kit/products/coming-soon-epoch-80-mechanical-keyboard

I cannot help but noticed "Design by CARY WORKS". Did Cary finished Dolch.CR and move on to design new keyboard?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 19:54:56 »
Anyone know which firmware works for the non-hotswap pcb?
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Oni74

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:59:16 »
Anyone know which firmware works for the non-hotswap pcb?
It should be the same as doro 67 pcb. Note there are different version of doro 67 so you'll need to find the right one. Both pcb were designed by the same guy, and Mechmerlin confirmed that doro 67 firmware works with d.cr.  Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline dantambok

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:05:16 »

It should be the same as doro 67 pcb. Note there are different version of doro 67 so you'll need to find the right one. Both pcb were designed by the same guy, and Mechmerlin confirmed that doro 67 firmware works with d.cr.  Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

i tried all 3 but none of them worked for me  :-X
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline eargo

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 02:26:45 »
I’m having an issue with my dolch.cr where it is flashing successfully using QMK Toolbox, but its registering the wrong keys. Has anybody had the same issue was able to solve it?

So far I have tried all 3 doro67 firmwares and the firmware provided by the maker.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 15:32:50 »
I’m having an issue with my dolch.cr where it is flashing successfully using QMK Toolbox, but its registering the wrong keys. Has anybody had the same issue was able to solve it?

So far I have tried all 3 doro67 firmwares and the firmware provided by the maker.

Have you tried using Doro67 VIA firmware and using VIA to configure your board?

Offline eargo

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 22:04:12 »
no, have not tried that yet. will look into that. thank you!

Offline eargo

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 23:10:13 »

Have you tried using Doro67 VIA firmware and using VIA to configure your board?

just tried this now. unfortunately, I am still encountering the same issues, which are:
1) all working keys (only around 10 keys) activate the wrong keys even when it is correctly mapped in Via. Example, pressing the left shift key activates < key and pressing Z key activates M.
2) the rest of the 50+ keys are all unresponsive
3) going back to the vendor firmware exhibits same issues above, but the keys that respond are in a different location. (example: ESC activates TAB, Caps Lock activates Left Shift)

I have tried all 3 doro67 via firmwares and they all have the same issues stated above.
have flashed 5 different boards before and have not encountered an issue like this. at this point, I am thinking there might be an issue with my PCB.

Offline eargo

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 12:24:42 »
was finally able to solve the issue with my board. thanks @dantambok

apparently, there are many versions of PCB for this board. I just had to use the correct one.

Offline hzh0525

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 15:35:26 »
What a classical design! I missed it and a similar artwork - Class 80 last year...